• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

GreyFang82

He/Him
A Plant tries to take down a Boss from a different Game Series

Both 9-A

Plant only has a Wrench and a Revolver

Hush has acess to Phases 1 and 2

Speed is Equal

Fight takes place in a Boss Room from Binding of Isaac

Who wins and Why?

Plant: 0 ()

Hush: 3 (Mr. Bambu, DanFlsamual21, and Uninown)

Inconclusive: 0 ()

Character Plant
Husheditedspritephase1

Hush has better moves. Plant has more ways to attack, but Hush has better abilities (teleportation, summoning, etc).

Mr. Bambu said:
Hush has better moves. Plant has more ways to attack, but Hush has better abilities (teleportation, summoning, etc).
Plant has fought teleporting enemies before and has constantly dealt with dozens of creatures surrounding him throughout the wasteland (That's basically the game in a nutshell). Same goes with fighting bosses that do almost exclusively Danmaku.

Doesn't he have all of his equipment/stats for that, though?

Mr. Bambu said:
Doesn't he have all of his equipment/stats for that, though?
What do you mean? He can only have two weapons and those weapons can be used to kill those enemies, they are fodder enemies any way so they shouldn't be past Small Building Level. Also all his Non-Weapon reliant hax are applied to him.

Eh. I still vote Hush, honestly. Hush has also experienced beings with far more versatility than him (Isaac). Experience means little in this fight if both of them have experienced beings like each other (and Isaac is way superior to Plant).

Hush has better abilities, in my eyes, he wins.

@Mr. Bambu may I ask how far into Small Building Level Hush or Isaac is? I'm just curious.

Also can you give me a soild reason why Isaac is more versatile and/or why Isacc is superior to plant?

But I will count your vote in the meantime.

No idea, not a huge follower of the verse on here. I know the feats include explosions and Mom, whose foot takes up most of a room.

As for Isaac being more versatile... look at his abilities? Most of Plant's are either new forms of basic attacks (different energies of attacks and stuff), whereas Isaac has such hax as Luck Manip, Sealing, Time Manip, Duplication, Power Mimicry, and so on. Hush can beat that. In my eyes, Hush wins.

Mr. Bambu said:
As for Isaac being more versatile... look at his abilities. In my eyes, Hush wins.
Ok, so a monster that fights a really haxed character who could still be defeated without those hax (Look at Base Isaac), beats a character because that character lacks the same hax?

Character experience scales to the bosses they face but bosses' experence don't scale to the characters due to how the timing works. This is assuming if Plant found himself from his game fighting a boss from that game. but of course the boss wouldn't be there if Isaac already fought them, and even if they did that doesn't really tell how Plant preforms.

Also I can't really find a soild rating on Isaac or the verse, but Plant's normal weapons are ~18x baseline Small Building Level

You're arguing experience. I'm also arguing experience. Hush has better experience.

Why wouldn't they lol? Hush has fought beings with those hax. Peak ability dude. It allows for paradoxes.

Okay.

I still vote Hush. He's got abilities, experience, and Plant just doesn't.

You're right about the experience part, sorry man.

But Plant does have counters to his abilities. Plant reflects projectiles with the wrentch so Danmaku is no problem, Teleporting on top of or near Plant causes Hush to take a bunch of Radiation damage, and Plant can heal from those creatures he summons by one-shotting and drinking their blood. The only thing Hush's got is Teleporting to try and dodge his attacks, Invulnerability, and as you've argued Experience.

Also I would argue Plant is more durable as well due to the weapons he scales to and Rhino Skin boosting that as well.

Radiation (typically) isn't insta-kill. Not even close, unless it is in high dosage. But people have gone into radiation zones soon after they were instated and survived (like that one in Japan). Teleporting offers a higher advantage to Hush than it does Plant.

Healing from summons is a thing, but Hush still has more on Plant than Plant has on Hush.

Mr. Bambu said:
Radiation (typically) isn't insta-kill. Not even close.
I said a lot of damage, I've never said it was an insta-kill. Also that radation he emits also deals really fast and powerful damage to even creatures that eat and are made of radatio.

Another thing as well, Plant also reflect damage even when hit and with 2.5x the force to all nearby creatures (Due to Sharp Teeth), The closer he is to death the faster he shoots and swings, and finally that insta-kill with his vines when Hush hits less than 33% HP.

Sorry for all the replies but I love to debate on this wiki, it's been a while since I've ever gotten the chance to.

All good dude. Less popular characters like this rarely get votes anyways, been working on stuff to fix that. One Hit Kill makes it... interesting. He'd have to get the guy beneath 33% first. I doubt either one one-shots the other, but if Plant can get him down through 67% then he'd win.

Invulnerability is technically a counter, but it lasts only briefly.

I think I still vote Hush, but with much higher difficulty. Let's say that in a thousand fights, he takes 550 to Plant's 450.

I'd have to agree with Mr Bambu. I feel like Hush's teleportation and invulnerability puts the fight more to it's favour. I also have the opinion of a few friends in the room with knowledge of both games who believe Hush would win. It'd be close of course.

Alright, interesting battle here, let me explain something:

Hush only has teleportation on his phase 1 (if he is starting on phase 1 ofc.) Its literally the same fight as ??? (see here) with some attacks changed and half the health as the previous guy mentioned. IF he is starting in this form and plant tries to oneshot him, it would be the same as Isaac throwing Chaos card at him (which would just trigger Phase 2.) Plant would need to kill Phase 1 first before getting to Phase 2 (which is this one)

I will see both profiles and then drop my vote here.

Also, Hush on his phase 2 might not be the same dura as other bosses as you may have thinked. He has the highest armor value on the game albeit not the highest HP, which is of Delirium

I vote for Hush because previously mentioned reasons. Plant might be able to get phase 1, but i dont think Phase 2, which is way tankier. I see this like a 6/8, would be hard, but might be able to get through.

Back