• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new type of Timeless Void?

Outliers are still applicable, if a character do have finite speed outside the void, it will also have it within the void, and vice-verse.

Antvasima said:
I meant should we write some further clarification regarding that the immeasurable speed should not be contradicted by what has otherwise been shown within the story?
TBH doing this isn't a bad idea, after all, it would help in reducing the need of keeping the points of view on these so limited, promoting more accurate conclusions from CRTs in the long run.

Well, text draft suggestions are appreciated.

"Note: Please keep in mind that because how fiction can use "Timeless" places, some characters may not actually get an speed upgrade of any kind from these, but instead an ability to simply be able to move in such, which would generally qualify as an above-average resistance to Time Manipulation. However, consistency and context are to be still evaluated on a case-by-case basis, so try to keep an open mind as to what it might be considered for."

Likely could be worded better, but this gives a rough idea.

I tried to improve on the text:

"Note: Given that fiction is prone to use "timeless" places in ways that contradict what has otherwise been shown for their speed levels within a story, characters may not get an speed upgrade of any kind from moving within them, but rather simply a specific power to do so, recurrently Resistance to Time Manipulation. The consistencies and contexts for this should be evaluated on a case-by-case basis."

That seems fine to be added to the page, but some staff input may be usable here.

Just checked, I think it should be fine, as there's really nothing that elaborates too much on what the note tries to explain, so it being there would be a great complement to the page.

Okay. What do you think Antoniofer?

It would be preferable to get a bit more staff input here as well.

Is that some times is not Resistance to Time Manipulation who would allow someone to move within those places, is variable, any verse has different concept of void and justifications for existing there. It would be needed to move at the speed of light, or move through the axis of time, or simply having an special condition/physiology that allows you to move, act or be aware within the void.

Without an direct statement about the void, oblivion or spatial-temporal locked place, however the verse decide to name it, be there simply doesn't mean anything, and I would avoid to standarize it. If any, I would suggest tips from Ultima.

Okay. Feel free to ask the staff members that you would like input from to comment here.

Back