• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A new sandbox function in this forum

Antvasima

Maintenance worker
He/Him
VS Battles
Bureaucrat
Administrator
Hello.

This is just a public service message regarding that our forum system manager has installed a new sandbox function in this forum, in which you can hopefully prepare and save drafts for your new discussion threads.

That is all. I hope that you will find it useful.

Also, there may or may not be some downtime in the coming days, so please do not panic if you temporarily cannot access the forum.
1619477900366.png

Here is where you find the sandbox function in the mobile view:
1619594563826.png

Last edited:
This is awesome! It was rather inconvenient making sandboxes on the wiki then copying them over here. This will be pretty helpful.

Since I and a lot of other people perform a lot of work on mobile, would it be possible to add an image dictating where mobile users should go to access their sandboxes in the OP?

I share the above opinion and want to say that's pretty good, at least for me who sometimes working long enough on thread but later limited to exit this thread making because of fear that draft wouldn't save everything(which without irony happened sometimes with me).

Since I and a lot of other people perform a lot of work on mobile, would it be possible to add an image dictating where mobile users should go to access their sandboxes in the OP?
That is hard for me to find, given that I do not use the mobile layout myself, but I would appreciate if somebody else can screencapture an image of where to find the Sandbox in this viewing mode and then share if with us.

As someone who is not familiar with the function, is a sandbox thread visible for public, or is it limited to the creator only? Or can its visibility be edited somehow?

Thank you. I will place your image in the first post of this thread.

So I have my draft for a CRT that I wanna make later and I want to put it in my sandbox. Is it supposed to only be visible to me when I click "Post Thread"?

This sandbox function is kinda neat. It's like a private space where you can make as many threads as you want. Just that someone's sandbox is probably not visible to any other person.

Yes, we specifically asked our forum system manager to set it up in a private manner, but I am not sure whether or not it worked yet.

When I click on the Sandbox button, I currently cannot see any threads created by others though.

Yes, we specifically asked our forum system manager to set it up in a private manner, but I am not sure whether or not it worked yet.
I tested it. I sent a link of my sandbox to a few members and this came up.
Screen_Shot_2021-04-28_at_5.03.51_PM.png

So the privacy portion is working perfectly fine.

Okay. That is good. It seems like the sandbox function works exactly as intended then.

That's actaully pretty neat no more public wanking
But can we post more than 20+ images on the sandbox are We still limited to 20+

Back