• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A New Kind of Dragon: Dragonslayer Ornstein vs Dragon Turtle

Status
Not open for further replies.

Mr. Bambu

Suffer-Not-Injustice Bambu
VS Battles
Joke Battles
Super Moderator
Administrator
Calculation Group
Silver Supporter
Dark Souls was recently downgraded, so lets spam them a bit. Ashen One might be able to fight some of the stronger D&D lads, but let's first see about these guys.

Dragonslayer Ornstein vs the Dragon Turtle. 6-C keys for both (77.94 Gigatons of TNT vs 84.68 Gigatons of TNT).

Fight takes place on an island, the turtle begins in the water, Ornstein begins on the beach. 100 meters apart. Speed is equalized.

Who wins and why?

Dragonslayer Ornstei: 7 (Apies, Gargoyle, Potato, SoC, Overlord, Jaften, Qawsed)

Dragon Turtle:

Inconclusive:

Gonna give this to Ornstein. His experience with the Everlasting Dragons means he'll be likely to spam range and the Tortle doesn't resist his main mode of damage.

now see you say tortle as a joke name but that's an actual term in D&D

Fair, I suppose. I'd argue Dragon Turtle can also do range spam via spewing out torrents of steam/boiled water.

ApiesDeathbyLazors said:
Wouldn't I be so cool and clever if I did that on purpose? *sigh*
Ornstein also massively out ranges the turtle.
True, but not so much that can't be countered. They start 100 meters apart, which isn't far from the Turtle's optimal range. Furthermore, just being underwater means its harder for Ornstein to really directly fight him.

Is Dragon Turtle particularly skilled in combat? They seem even otherwise but Ornstein is quite good in combat

Schnee One said:
Is Dragon Turtle particularly skilled in combat? They seem even otherwise but Ornstein is quite good in combat
In its own way, yes. It obviously isn't a weapon master but Dragon Turtles tend to take part in combat on a regular basis against navies and other major ocean creatures such as krakens.

I don't think that puts him on the level of Ornstein but it's not really a notable gap either.

Schnee One said:
I don't think that puts him on the level of Ornstein but it's not really a notable gap either.
Being knowledgeable on both, Ornstein is the more skilled of the two. Im just saying that Dragon Turtle is competent.

I honestly don't see any real difference between the two that might help, both are about as versatile, similar AP.

I think Ornstein edges out the win with skill, albeit barely

Ornstein prolly takes this due to a small skill advantage, a small range advantage, and a small AP advantage, He definitely has the edge if they engage in close quarters though due to Spear.

A DnD character that isn't a smurf? Granted there are plenty but it surprises me how the Drgaon Turtle isn't one when dragons and krakens are famous in DnD for being overpowered.

When it comes to the fight is this turtle type 3 size? If it is, can Ornstein even hit a part of the body that actually matters, because this is reminding me of The Champion of Cyrodiil vs Cthulhu which ended with the CoC not even being able to hit Cthulhu's toe nail because he was too large (same thing happened in The Hunter vs Cthulhu).

hashtag NotAllD&DCharacters

I would say no, assume more along the lines of standard Type 1. The Type 3 was famously oversized. Normal ones are about the size of merchant ships.

That's good, then Ornstein slight skill advantage, along with experience fighting enemies around the type 1 size should give him the win after a really hard fight (also there was a dragon in dark souls that has type 3 size but I think it died from natural causes or Gwyn killed it because it was just lying dead in the background, and Ornstein wouldn't really have a way to properly stab it).

00potato said:
Ornstein prolly takes this due to a small skill advantage, a small range advantage, and a small AP advantage, He definitely has the edge if they engage in close quarters though due to Spear.
i Vote Ornstein for these reasons

I'm pretty sure the turtle is the one with the ap advantage, though it's so small that it really doesn't matter. Also Ornstein has a bladed weapon which I've heard helps with ap.

thanks m80

one more

If this fight was purely in water or if the Dragon Turtle had access to spells that would allow it to control the battlefield like some True Dragons, I would probably give him the win for his better underwater combat advantage.

But in-character Dragon Turtles like to body slam their oppoents and I don't see Ornstein trying to bribe it or anything. So the fight probably starts with Ornstein using ranged lightning while the Dragon Turtle uses its water breath, both are probably ineffective due to the range. Then the turtle will probably go to land for a physical fight, which puts it in Ornstein's camp to win assuming he doesn't get body slammed to death.

So I favor Ornstein, but imo its not like a sure thing. The Dragon Turtle's shell is notable tougher than its body, their speed is equalized, and if it does close the gap I see Ornstein going for more physical based attacks rather than far ranged lightning spam which probably favors the turtle.

fair analysis, grace

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back