• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Acidic Eyeless Beings (Gaping Dragon vs Delver)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
Mutated Dragon : 0
Mutated Mole : 7
Incon : 0

Fight takes place in Gaping Dragon's arena, 10 meters apart
Speed equalized

Dark Souls got nerfed. I'm kinda pissed but I'll roll with it. It's an opportunity to use some of the D&D creatures @Tllmbrg has fixed and for this one, we have the Delver!

Last edited:
see this one is pretty good.

Alright time to dive into this one

Delver:
Has the AP/Durability edge by x1.9 (Scales to 0.57 ton while Gaping Dragon is 0.2906974952199 ton of its calc)
Melee hits will corrode the Gaping Dragon, probably letting it to eventually melt it entirely
Far, far smarter, so it can form various strategies
Its ability to burrow can allow it to retreat from the Dragon, which it can then use to use its Shape Stone ability to create pits
Most likely resists the Dragon's spit

Gaping Dragon:
Better above ground mobility, could maybe let it position itself better mid fight
Possibly better LS (I have no idea how many tons it can lift of its calc)
Regeneration lets it hang in the fight much longer

All in all I think the Delver's superior stats, intellect and corrosive acid will net it the win here

Probably should add it to the gaping dragon's profile but it should have some resistance to acid seeing as it can stand in a pool of it's own acid without being harmed by it

How potent is his acid?
Seems like it doesn’t go through stone that fast while Delver’s can eat through materials really fast with its melee attacks

How potent is his acid?
Seems like it doesn’t go through stone that fast while Delver’s can eat through materials really fast with its melee attacks
It completely destroys the Chosen Undead's armor and equipment, including stuff like full steel and stone plate mail and stone, iron, and steel weaponry, after just a few seconds of contact

Why isn't the ground of the arena just filled with pits then?
Doesn't look too acid eaten to me off the videos

Why isn't the ground of the arena just filled with pits then?
Doesn't look too acid eaten to me off the videos

From what I'm reading here the weapon isn't even destroyed fully but just becomes dull or something due to the acid
If anything this alongside the ground just shows it's way weaker then the Delver's acid and this the resistance is not enough to let it avoid the acid damage

So either way the Delver wins

From what he said on Discord when I asked him about the thing's acid he basically said it just damages your stuff faster
@Mr._Bambu he can explain further if he wants, but again from the link you gave it seems Gaper's acid can't even melt your weapons down entirely

Not all acid affects every type of material. It seems most likely to me that Gaping Dragon's acid is implicitly meant to destroy metal. In any case, Delver should be fine bathing in the acid pool regardless, I think. I strongly doubt the Intelligence of the Delver is a substantial benefit but otherwise I agree with the reasoning used by Tllm, Delver just has more shit going for it.

Not all acid affects every type of material. It seems most likely to me that Gaping Dragon's acid is implicitly meant to destroy metal. In any case, Delver should be fine bathing in the acid pool regardless, I think. I strongly doubt the Intelligence of the Delver is a substantial benefit but otherwise I agree with the reasoning used by Tllm, Delver just has more shit going for it.
Stone, cloth, leather, and wood as well given those are materials used as armor, weapons, and shields by the Chosen Undead

Stone, cloth, leather, and wood as well given those are materials used as armor, weapons, and shields by the Chosen Undead
Eh. I don't think it implicitly affects every single piece of the armor. Stone especially doesn't track, since that brings us back to the floor. Though I suppose we could assume it does affect every bit of the armor, and the floor is just specifically treated for some reason.

And just to get this concluded

Mutant Mole FRA

And that's grace, thank you everyone

{Also in case you're wondering, this is allowed based on this thread}

Back