• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

"A multiverse of adventures" A Sonic the Hedgehog Cosmology page creation + upgrade CRT: part 1 "The Cosmology"

in this case, the 5D space wouldn't be infinite, i am not even sure why you would assume it would be, the gap is not assumed to be of any size regardless of how many timelines it is separating, that is what is said in the standards,
"Multiversal structures past Low 2-C frequently have a distance of unknown length along a 5th dimensional axis separating them. That isn't automatically Low 1-C, as for Low 1-C the distance must be known to be of non-insignificant size."
in this case we have a stated size, making it non insignificant
Yes it would, infinite universes also means infinite gaps between them, thus making for infinite 5-D space. Yet that's not enough. It must be uncountably infinite 5-D space. Maginaryworld is infinite, yes, but that's not the same as an uncountable level of infinity
i mean, when it perceives the other things as 2D images, then it would, it is trivializing infinite 5D structures as finite (as flat 2D doesn't have any width whatsoever)
The only proof of this is just the fact that they're projected onto screens. Again, objectively speaking, this is not enough for a higher dimension. In fact, I personally don't even consider that debatable

Yes it would, infinite universes also means infinite gaps between them, thus making for infinite 5-D space. Yet that's not enough.
gaps as in.......what direction? That is important, merely having universal height but 0 lenght wouldn't give any tier, for example

It must be uncountably infinite 5-D space. Maginaryworld is infinite, yes, but that's not the same as an uncountable level of infinity
not what is said in the Tier System faq, it simply needs to be non insignificant in size, no idea where you got uncontably infinite from

The only proof of this is just the fact that they're projected onto screens.
they are not project on screens, that is how they look like from 4DS perspective

Again, objectively speaking, this is not enough for a higher dimension.
Yes, it is, a screen projection is 2D by default, that isn't debatable, just look at the screen in front of you right now, why not go for the simplest amswer of what the statement is talking about rather than trying to think arround more convoluted options when said options are not omce hinted in the game?

In fact, I personally don't even consider that debatable
And i do, so

gaps as in.......what direction? That is important, merely having universal height but 0 lenght wouldn't give any tier, for example
What? I'm talking about the space between universes. That space is 5-D, as mentioned, and an infinite multiverse would have an infinite amount of such spaces - thus being an infinite 5-D structure. But clearly, that's not enough.
not what is said in the Tier System faq, it simply needs to be non insignificant in size, no idea where you got uncontably infinite from
Except it very much implies it with its emphasis on needing to be big enough to contain uncountably infinite universes, thus resulting in uncountably infinite 5-D space.
they are not project on screens, that is how they look like from 4DS perspective
Okay
Yes, it is, a screen projection is 2D by default, that isn't debatable, just look at the screen in front of you right now, why not go for the simplest amswer of what the statement is talking about rather than trying to think arround more convoluted options when said options are not omce hinted in the game?
Except it's stated that these are just projected onto a screen. Therefore, it's just a representation of these spaces, rather than the spaces themselves. It's clear then that this isn't a higher dimension, but rather, it's extrapolating info that's never said to claim it's a higher dimension than the likes of Cyber Space and the Egg Field

Frankly, this discussion's just ensured my current stance - that being that I disagree with the 7-D upgrade

What? I'm talking about the space between universes. That space is 5-D, as mentioned, and an infinite multiverse would have an infinite amount of such spaces - thus being an infinite 5-D structure. But clearly, that's not enough.
Yeah.............but do they even have any lenght, height, width, etc, it existing an infinite ammount of those is not really an argument when the nature of such spaces is unknown, even with an infinity of them we don't know of they would still be of any "size" in spatial sense, do they have height? Lenght? Width? We don't know, thus not tierable

In this case, we do have a statement of its size, so it is significant

Except it very much implies it with its emphasis on needing to be big enough to contain uncountably infinite universes, thus resulting in uncountably infinite 5-D space.
no? That part is talking about a completely distinct thing from the axia between space times.......i don't even understand how you could connect both when one has nothing to do with the other

Yeah, uncontanle infinity ammounts of low 2-C = Low 1-C, that is what that art says, that however has nothing to do with the axis/space between universes, that just mentions that it must be of significant size, nothing more

yeah, that is how they look from 4DS perspective.......why show this again when it is already in the OP?

Except it's stated that these are just projected onto a screen. Therefore, it's just a representation of these spaces
nope, it is said that these are the dreams the cast has been traveling through, with Lumina making that more clear explaining how these dreams are part of what makes up 4DS

clear then that this isn't a higher dimension, but rather, it's extrapolating info that's never said to claim it's a higher dimension than the likes of Cyber Space and the Egg Field
Ok? You can think this, but the reasoning you have for this is.........directly wrong per what the game shows and tells us

Yeah.............but do they even have any lenght, height, width, etc, it existing an infinite ammount of those is not really an argument when the nature of such spaces is unknown, even with an infinity of them we don't know of they would still be of any "size" in spatial sense, do they have height? Lenght? Width? We don't know, thus not tierable
This is not a proper rebuttal. Of course they have length, height, width, why do you think they're 5-D spaces?
In this case, we do have a statement of its size, so it is significant
Not enough, otherwise 2-A wouldn't be a thing at all
no? That part is talking about a completely distinct thing from the axia between space times.......i don't even understand how you could connect both when one has nothing to do with the other

Yeah, uncontanle infinity ammounts of low 2-C = Low 1-C, that is what that art says, that however has nothing to do with the axis/space between universes, that just mentions that it must be of significant size, nothing more
And what do you think it implies if the only way it's significant is if it can house an uncountably infinite number of universes?

Simple: That a "significant" space entails one that's uncountably infinite in size. Keep in mind, we're in a tier that's constantly dealing with uncountable infinites, so even countable infinity wouldn't be significant by comparison
yeah, that is how they look from 4DS perspective.......why show this again when it is already in the OP?
Prove that they're actually flat instead of just being projected as such. If you can't do that, your argument falls apart. Shake mentioned there might be something of the sort, so I'm waiting to see how legit that is
nope, it is said that these are the dreams the cast has been traveling through, with Lumina making that more clear explaining how these dreams are part of what makes up 4DS
The dreams being part of it just means Maginaryworld is a greater 5-D structure than the likes of Cyber Space and the Egg Field, which is fine by me
Ok? You can think this, but the reasoning you have for this is.........directly wrong per what the game shows and tells us
As has yet to be actually proven, so I'm very confident in my stance

If there's no developments (like additional scans and the like), I don't see this changing

the said space is the 4DS in the case of MW, since that is what we see, and that space is confirmed to be infinite, thus being of non insignificant size
DragonClover is right, you don't need to prove that space is infinite, what you need to prove is that the extra axis is infinite.

A structure with infinite 4-D structures with a 5th axis is not infinite at the 5th axis because what the verse shows us is that only the 4th axis is infinite.

So it's not something that you can achieve by saying, “It has the 5th axis and we've been shown that it's infinite, so it's Low 1-C”.

eah, uncontanle infinity ammounts of low 2-C = Low 1-C, that is what that art says, that however has nothing to do with the axis/space between universes, that just mentions that it must be of significant size, nothing more
And the two are linked like chains.

For example, if your 5th axis is infinite, it means that you can have an uncountable infinite number of 4-D structures

This is not a proper rebuttal. Of course they have length, height, width, why do you think they're 5-D spaces?
Yeah, but how much? Even if you have an axis, if that axis is of 0 size then it wom't matter for tiering

Not enough, otherwise 2-A wouldn't be a thing at all
yea it would, it is, i explained why

I am following the FAQ as to what would qualify to reach a dimensional jump, if you thing the FAQ is wrong then make a thread for it, i will not discuss a change of standarsa in this thread

And what do you think it implies if the only way it's significant is if it can house an uncountably infinite number of universes?
That is not said anywhere, please stick with what is actually said in the FAQ

Simple: That a "significant" space entails one that's uncountably infinite in size.
again, no, that isn't said in the FAQ, 5D axis is irrelevant for that part, purely Low 2-C in that ammount will result in low 1-C, that is all that is said in the part you are talking, the 5D axis is irrelevant to that

Keep in mind, we're in a tier that's constantly dealing with uncountable infinites, so even countable infinity wouldn't be significant by comparison
It is uncontable infinite in comparison to 4D objectives, yeah........but in this case it already is due to it being 5D by default, in 4DS case, 6D

Prove that they're actually flat instead of just being projected as such.
That is verbatim said and show to be how they look like, there is nothing more i can say, since you are not showing of those not being the dreams......when that is verbatim said to be what they are

If you can't do that, your argument falls apart.
This to you about the "they are juat projections" argument, again, directly said otherwise in the game itself

Shake mentioned there might be something of the sort, so I'm waiting to see how legit that is
.......my dude, i already showed it in the OP and in the sandbox of that part

The dreams being part of it just means Maginaryworld is a greater 5-D structure than the likes of Cyber Space and the Egg Field, which is fine by me
did you not followes the argument? Lumima says this in direct response to Tails and Sonic talking about the dreams and they looking lile flat projections, aka she is saying that what they are seeing ARE ITETALLY THE DREAMS

As has yet to be actually proven, so I'm very confident in my stance
no, your assertment is the one that needa to be proven, don't shift the burden of proof here, i already provided more than enough proof/evidence to fill my burden

If there's no developments (like additional scans and the like), I don't see this changing
Ok, then agree to disagree

DragonClover is right, you don't need to prove that space is infinite, what you need to prove is that the extra axis is infinite.

A structure with infinite 4-D structures with a 5th axis is not infinite at the 5th axis because what the verse shows us is that only the 4th axis is infinite.

So it's not something that you can achieve by saying, “It has the 5th axis and we've been shown that it's infinite, so it's Low 1-C”.
Good thing that i have the other argument as well for support.........will wait for more staff input then

I had a look at the discussion and yes, no matter how infinite a space with a 5th axis and infinite 4-D structures is called, it does not mean that the 5th axis is infinite. On the other hand, a space at this level should already be infinite, so the extra “infinite” doesn't change anything. What you need is a contexts or a direct statement as to whether the 5th axis is infinite or not, holding 0 volume in multiple 4-D structures. A direct statement is usually not available, so you need to look for supporting contexts.

Note : I don't know the context and situation in the verse, I just said a few things about general standards

Tbh I was never really in support of the idea of MW containing an infinite amount of 5-D dreams, I could only think of 2-3 max and the rest rely on alternate timeline stuff which I’m iffy on

Back