• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Magical Psycho Witch VS A demon for hire

Status
Not open for further replies.
I'ld like to say that all of the arguments for Dante (which I won't dispute) I can't see it from the profile, and all the SMT powerscaling requires knowledge of the verse more than evaluating the match through profile comparison. I don't know how to formulate an argument against "everything in SMT is that poweful", which may be perfectly true, but hard to be fair without a profile update

@Akumura I know and I agree completely.

To those not familiar with SMT or Nocturne, evaluating this stuff would indeed be hard. There are a number of SMT profiles that indeed need working, and Dante's is one of them.

I joking about madoka LOL. Also does it overwrite common sense of something?

@Akumura Dante may get acausal with the review (SMT in general gets it)

FateAlbane said:
@Akumura I know and I agree completely.
To those not familiar with SMT or Nocturne, evaluating this stuff would indeed be hard. There are a number of SMT profiles that indeed need working, and Dante's is one of them.
yea i had big problems due to that as well.

Wait, what? Everything used here is already comproved. We don't need a CRT.

Besides if you look at the vote count Homura is currently winning anyways.

Homura: (Chaos, Me, Monarch, Homu, Gar)

Dante: (Red)

@Red

Do you mean something like instinct of self-preservation? If so, the main purpose of mind manipulation in PMMM is forcing people to commit suicide, so it definitely overrides it

I don't think he was ever mind manipulated and I also don't think mind resist equals memory resist which affects abstracts (especially considering Goddess Madoka shouldn't even have a memory in the same way as us).

The reason I feel iffy about scaling Dante to that stuff is simple: He is a one time cameo as opposed to the demons who literally appear in every game and usually get all the feats shared by virtue of being the exact same kind of beings.

That's why Dante is comparatively easier to affect when compared to any other of the Big Guns they have.

That would look like a rather strange sort of scaling if we say he has resistance on the level to nope memory hax on the level of Homura when he lacks any manner of resistance shown and is entirely different from other demons of the series in nearly everything.

Like, he's simply not the same kind of existence, so unlike all other demons he can't get all that scaling, immortalities, resistances and whatever unless he shows it.

I was more along the lines of saying, if he fought a demon who has mind hax and that demon couldn't do anything against then would he not have a resist?

Not sure if hes even fought one though.

@Chaos

That's about as valid as "Homura for reasons below"

@Gar

No. Staph. We have other magical girls, use them (not against the Demi Fiend tho)

Gargoyle One said:
Inb4 Demi Fiend vs Homura
unless those SMT characters get an update on their pages so we can stop relaying on scaling arguments iam out :p....i simply do not want to hear someone saying ALL SMT CHARACTERS HAVE THE X TRAIT OR HAVE DEALT WITH THE Y ABILITY IN A PREVIOUS BATTLE ahhh *deap breaths*deap breaths*

Kaltias said:
@Chaos
That's about as valid as "Homura for reasons below"

@Gar

No. Staph. We have other magical girls, use them (not against the Demi Fiend tho)
well..i guess you are right :p but i pointed out so to be out of the way....

I mean, most of the abilities not working on Dante's kinda common sense.

Time stop doesn't work on someone who's immesurable unless proven otherwise and 4D beings are acasual by default

Gargoyle One said:
I mean, most of the abilities not working on Dante's kinda common sense.
Time stop doesn't work on someone who's immesurable unless proven otherwise and 4D beings are acasual by default
why dante is 4D?

>>>> Literally provided a bunch of reasoning in the thread in regards to both characters.

>>>> Somehow my vote shouldn't count just because I said I'd side with the majority.

What

Then I guess I'll vote for Homura since there is nothing to indicate Dante has any resists to her other than assuming it from scaling.

He actually resists all (as I already explained above) save the Memory stuff which kinda is her best thing anyway.

Monarch Laciel said:
Actually, being Tier 2 simply requires 4-D power, it doens't actually require being 4-D
I thought anyone who was 2B was basically 4D by default, huh.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back