• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A lot of Dragon Ball stats seem off to me. Please explain?

A lot of Dragon Ball characters' tier listings seem off to me. For instance it seems strange to me that Majin Buu and Cell would be the same tier, or even that all the different versions of Buu would be the same tier. It also seems strange to me that SS4 Goku and Vegeta, Omega Shenron, and SS4 Gogeta are all the same tier. Also the speed stats for many Dragon Ball characters seem low to me. I always thought that they were already pushing FTL in the Namek/ Frieza saga, and I see no reason not to assume this. Could someone please explain these things to me?

Tiers are incredibly wide. A character could be a dozen times stronger than another character who is star level and still only be star level. The higher tiers go, the wider the gap becomes. SSJ4 Gogeta could be 100 times stronger than Omega (which he likely was not) and still be 3-C.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
Tiers are incredibly wide. A character could be a dozen times stronger than another character who is star level and still only be star level. The higher tiers go, the wider the gap becomes. SSJ4 Gogeta could be 100 times stronger than Omega (which he likely was not) and still be 3-C.
I understand that there could be a massive difference between individuals within a single tier, so I suppose it makes sense that SS4 Goku and Vegeta could be the same tier as Omega Shenron even though he easily trumped both of them together, but if I remember correctly Omega Shenron was only able to even touch Gogeta with his strongest move.

The Correctionist said:
I understand that there could be a massive difference between individuals within a single tier, so I suppose it makes sense that SS4 Goku and Vegeta could be the same tier as Omega Shenron even though he easily trumped both of them together, but if I remember correctly Omega Shenron was only able to even touch Gogeta with his strongest move.
That's perfectly possible.

Even if Gogeta was 10x stronger than Omega, that would apply. As I said before, he could have been 100x stronger and still been 3-C.

Azathoth the Abyssal Idiot said:
That's perfectly possible.

Even if Gogeta was 10x stronger than Omega, that would apply. As I said before, he could have been 100x stronger and still been 3-C.
True. But I honestly feel that 3C is a bit low for all of them.

Back