• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A little pony fights a giant radioactive lizard (2-4-13) (GRACE)

Status
Not open for further replies.
She can use telekinesis at transfiguration at the same time. It has a use besides buying time.

OK, but still. It's only one win-con, as Godzilla has... pretty much any one good hit he lands on her. So we've not made any more definitive revelations.

Yeah, because he tried to get in close range by the looks of it, something Twilight will not do. But, she probably won't even use the telekinesis until later. She's done it in battle, but beams and magic beams are more her style. So, idk why it's being argued. It won't be used until a bit later on.

Twilight would have to teleport all over, because in the OP speed is equalized. If she goes too high up, Godzilla would elect to blast her, maybe throw stuff at her too. And yeah, the TK wasn't my argument either, I was just saying why it's not really worth treating as a wincon.

Fair, but by the looks of it, the difference is Twilight can keep out of range and stay that way, while still having the range advantage. If she decides to play the long game, that means there's nothing Godzilla can do to hit her, while she can keep hitting him, with whatever she wants.

This only makes the incon option look all the more accurate to the question concerning the thread. I was all the way a Godzilla voter, but now starting to see why incon may be the better answer... not that I'm changing at this moment, though. But I can see why anyone else would realize as we are right now and vote that way.

Side question, but how long does it take for Godzilla to fire his beams? Do they need a bit of charging or what?

It isn't instant, but it's not slow either. They'd need a bit but like... emphasis on bit. Considering this key for Godzilla, it should be quicker on the beams than well, several of the movie keys.

OK, but still. It's only one win-con, as Godzilla has... pretty much any one good hit he lands on her. So we've not made any more definitive revelations.
Well aware, just arguing the stuff I don't agree with.
Twilight would have to teleport all over, because in the OP speed is equalized. If she goes too high up, Godzilla would elect to blast her, maybe throw stuff at her too.
Not all over. She can teleport kilometers, going far outside of Ponyville to caves, forests, what appear to be crags, and even what appears to be tropical waters. Additionally, her beam range goes as far as the Moon. Meaning she can go as far as she wants while still having a ridiculous range advantage.

The last thing is that both of them have Subsonic running speed (Flight speed is unknown for Twilight). This makes Godzilla closing the gap nigh impossible after the first teleport, as she'll have widened the gap by tens of kilometers. Even then, the only thing he'll be able to hit with is his beams since to get in melee range, he'll have to run for dozens of seconds at top speed assuming he's 171.5 m/s (No clue how fast his Subconic is, and 171.5 is right below Subsonic+).

All this means she really only needs one teleportation to get massively out of range thanks to Godzilla's movement speed. She won't be all over with it or having to spam it.
And yeah, the TK wasn't my argument either
Well, just to make things clear I didn't say you were. Anyways, we can drop this point since neither of us views it as a wincon.
This only makes the incon option look all the more accurate to the question concerning the thread. I was all the way a Godzilla voter, but now starting to see why incon may be the better answer... not that I'm changing at this moment, though. But I can see why anyone else would realize as we are right now and vote that way.
I'm frankly good with an incon, though being a pony fan I must admit to being partial to a pony win. Better an incon than a loss if I can help it though.
It isn't instant, but it's not slow either. They'd need a bit but like... emphasis on bit. Considering this key for Godzilla, it should be quicker on the beams than well, several of the movie keys.
Well, in any case, it should be easy to dodge his beams at this distance given Twilight has teleported out of beams from opponents many many times closer than her than 4 kilometers (Several meters at best), after they were already fired. If she can teleport out from several meters away then in speed equalized, dodging hundreds to thousands of times farther away will practically be effortless.

Well aware, just arguing the stuff I don't agree with.

Fair, that's why we're here lol.

Not all over. She can teleport kilometers, going far outside of Ponyville to caves, forests, what appear to be crags, and even what appears to be tropical waters. Additionally, her beam range goes as far as the Moon. Meaning she can go as far as she wants while still having a ridiculous range advantage.

The last thing is that both of them have Subsonic running speed (Flight speed is unknown for Twilight). This makes Godzilla closing the gap nigh impossible after the first teleport, as she'll have widened the gap by tens of kilometers. Even then, the only thing he'll be able to hit with is his beams since to get in melee range, he'll have to run for dozens of seconds at top speed assuming he's 171.5 m/s (No clue how fast his Subconic is, and 171.5 is right below Subsonic+)

All this means she really only needs one teleportation to get massively out of range thanks to Godzilla's movement speed. She won't be all over with it or having to spam it.

Hold on, maybe the time you gave us was a blessing in disguise. I checked Godzilla's profile over again and saw he has flight listed. It's the exact same as what Showa Godzilla uses VS Hedorah too. He blasts facing downwards and like sort of propels himself in the air? I'll admit it's pretty unconventional next to just using wings or levitating, but that sort of... well, changes that much; he wouldn't necessarily be stuck on the ground limited to throwing house roofs and blasting beams. (To find it, go on his profile in this thread's OP, go to Notable attacks/techniques, and press the arrow from Ruler Spiral Heat Ray, it took me a couple moments tbh)

I'm frankly good with an incon, though being a pony fan I must admit to being partial to a pony win. Better an incon than a loss if I can help it though.

I'd feel just about the same. If we were to agree on an incon, I could do that. I feel exactly the same as you: just swap it as partial to a Godzilla win. But, with an incon, everyone is happy and the outcome is realistically feasible either way. My one problem is there's so many votes calling for either or.

Well, in any case, it should be easy to dodge at this distance given Twilight has teleported out of beams from opponents many many times closer than her than 4 kilometers (Several meters at best), after they were already fired.

Hmm, not sure how IDW Godzilla has reacted in the face of teleporters, or if he has even met a teleporter. I know Gigan has used it on occasion in games, but that's all I've got - otherwise I can raise durability, which is on a grade that he's not really worried.

Last edited:
Hold on, maybe the time you gave us was a blessing in disguise. I checked Godzilla's profile over again and saw he has flight listed. It's the exact same as what Showa Godzilla uses VS Hedorah too. He blasts facing downwards and like sort of propels himself in the air? I'll admit it's pretty unconventional next to just using wings or levitating, but that sort of... well, changes that much;
That's interesting, but Idk how much that changes as far as range and speed goes. Says he's as fast as Hedorah can move which is only subsonic. Couldn't find an IDW profile, so I went with Showa.
I'd feel just about the same. If we were to agree on an incon, I could do that. I feel exactly the same as you: just swap it as partial to a Godzilla win. But, with an incon, everyone is happy and the outcome is realistically feasible either way. My one problem is there's so many votes calling for either or.
That's fine with me if it puts the debate to an end. Between you and me, I didn't really want to get re-involved until I was directly asked to do so. Most end in the pony side stomping or being stomped (Mostly the latter), and I don't like extended debates. They get exhausting.

Anyways, I guess I'll change to incon fra.

That's interesting, but Idk how much that changes as far as range and speed goes. Says he's as fast as Hedorah can move which is only subsonic. Couldn't find an IDW profile, so I went with Showa.

Yeah, the speed seems awkward to figure out for this. I think another Godzilla supporter will have to fill it in for us; my guess is only as good as yours, but remembering he can fly does seem like it may change a thing or two.

That's fine with me if it puts the debate to an end. Between you and me, I didn't really want to get involved until I was directly asked to re-comment. Most end in the pony side stomping or being stomped (Mostly the latter), and I don't like extended debates. They get exhausting.

I know how you feel, used to VS debate a good amount when I was younger (just not here). It was pretty fun. This one I initially planned to not bother with at all, but seeing grace approach I saw it as my last chance to get a vote in, so here I am. It's been fun though, honestly. We've managed to level with each other and even get to incon.

Anyways, I guess I'll change to incon fra.

Which reminds me: sanic? Change me to incon, I'll change over with Light for sure. From there it's up to anyone else who enters or returns, but, my last real comment will be incon is the best, most realistic outcome we have.

I know how you feel, used to VS debate a good amount when I was younger (just not here). It was pretty fun.
Used to be, then I kept getting in multi-days long arguments that felt like they'd never end. One particular revision thread for MLP (Which I will not be pointing out the details) was arguably the worse of them all and nothing but pure stress the whole damned time. Pushed it through, but by that point, I was mentally drained. Now, I've got very little motivation for debate unless I get roped into it by other people. The stupid thread lasted for almost half a month if I remember correctly.

Yeah, the speed seems awkward to figure out for this. I think another Godzilla supporter will have to fill it in for us; my guess is only as good as yours, but remembering he can fly does seem like it may change a thing or two.

I know how you feel, used to VS debate a good amount when I was younger (just not here). It was pretty fun. This one I initially planned to not bother with at all, but seeing grace approach I saw it as my last chance to get a vote in, so here I am. It's been fun though, honestly. We've managed to level with each other and even get to incon.

Which reminds me: sanic? Change me to incon, I'll change over with Light for sure. From there it's up to anyone else who enters or returns, but, my last real comment will be incon is the best, most realistic outcome we have.
k counted

Used to be, then I kept getting in multi-days long arguments that felt like they'd never end. One particular revision for MLP (Which I will not be pointing out the details) was arguably the worse of them all and nothing but pure stress the whole damned time. Pushed it through, but by that point, I was mentally drained. Now, I've got very little motivation for debate unless I get roped into it by other people. The stupid thread lasted for almost half a month if I remember correctly.

Wow, I can about see that happening to me as well. It sucks, when you're trying to get your side across, and it feels as if nobody's taking it in nor trying to. It's good you at least saw it to the end, but I see why it'd be such a drain. When it literally lasts that long... and most probably parts of you wish it was over, it sounds awful.

This is off track, though, there's always the wall to converse further? I don't really have the DM/start conversation function, due to being a newer account.

Wow, I can about see that happening to me as well. It sucks, when you're trying to get your side across, and it feels as if nobody's taking it in nor trying to. It's good you at least saw it to the end, but I see why it'd be such a drain. When it literally lasts that long... and most probably parts of you wish it was over, it sounds awful.

This is off track, though, there's always the wall to converse further? I don't really have the DM/start conversation function, due to being a newer account.
Ugh, the worst part is it often feels like I'm the only one making arguments. There are so few active MLP supporters. The place was bustling in the past, and now there's like a very small handful who actively comment. Most of us hang on a personal discord with each other now.

The point being, it sucks ass feeling like the only one making arguments 80% of the time. Not to say no one does. Just, I feel like I'm the one who has to argue the most in favor of MLP, and it puts a lot of stress on me. Why the hell would I want to participate in either versus or revision threads when I'm the only one arguing most of the time? As I said, half of my friends prefer to hang with each other on Discord and barely use the wiki anymore.

I can only give so many different opinions and viewpoints. I can only express my words so well, and sometimes my way of saying stuff just isn't enough. I need others to give supportive opinions or express what I'm saying differently to give a different perspective or make things clearer. I barely get that stuff now.

Do you know that thread I mentioned? If a certain member hadn't stepped in and helped out, I probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Bless them for that.

Ugh, the worst part is it often feels like I'm the only one making arguments. There are so few active MLP supporters. The place was bustling in the past, and now there's like a very small handful who actively comment. Most of us hang on a personal discord with each other now.

The point being, it sucks ass feeling like the only one making arguments 80% of the time. Not to say no one does. Just, I feel like I'm the one who has to argue the most in favor of MLP, and it puts a lot of stress on me. Why the hell would I want to participate in either versus or revision threads when I'm the only one arguing most of the time? As I said, half of my friends prefer to hang with each other on Discord and barely use the wiki anymore.

I feel that. There's other verses I'd want to maybe support, but I dunno. It just feels like not all have so much support - like they could be how you describe MLP right now. Until ultimately, I'd feel or seem like just the only guy giving support after a certain time? That's not how I'd want to see it going, especially for CRTs and such. And if more are in disagreement with you than not... it's a pain. In a VS thread, we know how it is, but it's more important in a CRT.

Discord, huh? Oh I have that. Wouldn't mind talking over that, so at least other people come into this thread and get to placing their votes? Wouldn't want to derail too hard.

I can only give so many different opinions and viewpoints. I can only express my words so well, and sometimes my style of saying stuff just isn't enough. I need others to give supportive opinions or express what I'm saying differently to give a different perspective. I barely get that now.

Do you know that thread I mentioned? If a certain member hadn't stepped in and helped out, I probably wouldn't have gotten anywhere. Bless them for that.

It's all fair. And yep, that's one blessed soul.

I feel that. There's other verses I'd want to maybe support, but I dunno. It just feels like not all have so much support - like they could be how you describe MLP right now. Until ultimately, I'd feel or seem like just the only guy giving support after a certain time? That's not how I'd want to see it going, especially for CRTs and such. And if more are in disagreement with you than not... it's a pain. In a VS thread, we know how it is, but it's more important in a CRT.

Discord, huh? Oh I have that. Wouldn't mind talking over that, so at least other people come into this thread and get to placing their votes? Wouldn't want to derail too hard.

It's all fair. And yep, that's one blessed soul.
I’ll change my vote to Incon also FRA (imagine if Twilight could befriend Godzilla tho)

After reading the thread, both of them can easily destroy each other really quickly and do so in character based on what they deal with, so I'm simply gonna leave my vote as an Inconclusive.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back