• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A likely error in our Regeneration page

Looks good, but Mid and High-Mid looks the same by comparison. But wasn't regenerating entire body from just the head or brain also added to a list of mid examples?

Looks good, but Mid and High-Mid looks the same by comparison. But wasn't regenerating entire body from just the head or brain also added to a list of mid examples?
Dante for example is put on mid for regenerating from being shot in the head (this being one of the arguments for mid). At the same time, if you can regenerate from bisections, you should also be able to regenerate the head, right?

I personally think that our current definitions mostly seem good enough to keep using, and that the suggested new versions have recurrent grammar and structural errors, such as repeating the same word several times in a single sentence.

It would be much preferable, and more easily overviewed, if Arnold can make each suggested change one at a time with the connected justifications, and also make a greater effort with his text flow.

Last edited:
Mid regeneration is basically either one of two things; growing your entire head/brain back, or growing the rest of your body from the head or brain. Where as High-Mid regeneration is growing the rest of the body from a small piece besides the brain.

Last edited:
Prolly start looking for appropriate feats to show case what each type of regen looks like.
Is it necessary to add fracture types or other skeletal injuries (and internal damages to the workings of the machine) to some of the descriptions?

If not then no point reading all this

Maybe, slightly changing this

Low: Merely an accelerated healing ability for normal wounds, allowing the character to heal wounds that would normally take days, weeks, or even months much more quickly, sometimes even in just seconds. For machines and vehicles, this would just be regenerating basic exterior damage.

Mid-Low: The ability to heal wounds that would normally leave large scars, such as severe burns or deep injuries. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating damage that would normally leave large dents and openings.

High-Low: The ability to regenerate severed fingers, toes, or ears, minor organ damage, and even potentially reattach lost limbs. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating some interior damage, along with some minor critically damaged or destroyed parts.

Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, limited brain damage, and even severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart.

to this

Low: Merely an accelerated healing ability for normal wounds and internal injuries, allowing the character to heal injuries that would normally take days, weeks, or even months much more quickly, sometimes even in just seconds. For machines and vehicles, this would just be regenerating basic exterior damage and slight interior damage.

Mid-Low: The ability to heal wounds that would normally leave large scars, such as severe burns, or the ability to heal from from complex fractures. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating damage that would normally leave large dents and openings or internal damage that would cause some weakness in the damaged area.

High-Low: The ability to regenerate severed fingers, toes, or ears, minor organ damage (of which may be caused by severe bone fracture), and even potentially reattach lost limbs... For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating some minor critically damaged or destroyed parts.

Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, limited brain damage, and even severe organ damage or destruction (some of which may be caused by multiple severe complex endo-skeletal fractures), including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating the total loss of minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation or severe brain damage. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a bone, finger, or the heart.

Also,

where do you classify the types of regen from decapitation? such as generating an entire body from the head or regenerating an entire head from the body
These ones, I think.

It's fine as is
Anyway, so Mid is gonna be revised to cover regenerating from decapitation or being blown off to pieces.

While High-Mid is gonna be revised to cover regenerating entire bodies from organs other than the brain, or regenerating bodies from limbs and smaller, like regenerating an entire body from a leg/arm/hand/fingers, correct?

And something about adding feat examples.

It would be much preferable, and more easily overviewed, if Arnold can make each suggested change one at a time with the connected justifications, and also make a greater effort with his text flow
My apologies, I will do my best to make the sentences flow better and try again before I go to bed.

Anyway, so Mid is gonna be revised to cover regenerating from decapitation or being blown off to pieces.

While High-Mid is gonna be revised to cover regenerating entire bodies from organs other than the brain, or regenerating bodies from limbs and smaller, like regenerating an entire body from a leg/arm/hand/fingers, correct?
That's what I want. This is technically how it already is, I just want it to be clearer. Examples are less necessary.

Well, this is how the Regeneration Page currently looks like

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart.

So with the changes would be something like this?

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation, severe brain damage or being blown to large pieces. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine, or regenerating from being blasted to large pieces.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to small pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as singular limbs, or a finger, or the heart.

before I begin correcting my proposal, are you guys really okay with adding levels of skeletal fractures to their respective tiers?

i'd like to add regen from bone injuries from Low to mid and adding "bone" to one of the small pieces in High-mid description.

What do you think about KLOL's suggestions, Promestein?

Basically I added a few things related to skeletal injury to each category as well as what I think the machine equivalent of skeletal injuries.

Low: Merely an accelerated healing ability for normal wounds and internal injuries, allowing the character to heal injuries that would normally take days, weeks, or even months much more quickly, sometimes even in just seconds. For machines and vehicles, this would just be regenerating basic exterior damage and slight interior damage.

Mid-Low: The ability to heal wounds that would normally leave large scars, such as severe burns, or the ability to heal from from complex fractures. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating damage that would normally leave large dents and openings or internal damages that would cause some weakness in the damaged area.

High-Low: The ability to regenerate severed fingers, toes, or ears, minor organ damage (of which may be caused by severe bone fracture), and even potentially reattach lost limbs... For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating some minor critically damaged or destroyed parts.

Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, limited brain damage, and even severe organ damage or destruction (some of which may be caused by multiple severe complex endo-skeletal fractures), including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating the total loss of minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a bone, finger, or the heart.
I actually like this idea.

KLOL's suggestion works.

I dunno if we need to focus on the skeletal stuff.

It’s no biggy, just a suggestion.

I feel like people would be interested in knowing what tier of regen it would be to heal from… let’s say… “breaking every bone in your body.”
From what I typed out earlier I would say, Low-mid.

I also have a very.. slighttt… issue with machinery but I only care about the bone thing for bow

KLOL's suggestion works.

I dunno if we need to focus on the skeletal stuff.
So, would Low-Mid also include disembowelment as well, where your torso has a big gaping hole which would undeniably **** up your digestive system?

I think that what Promestein accepted above can probably be applied.

Basically, go with this:

This is how the Regeneration Page currently looks like

Low-Mid: The ability to regenerate lost limbs, limited brain damage, and even severe organ damage or destruction, including traditionally fatal wounds and disembowelment or horizontal bisection. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating minor parts and more extensive internal damage.

So these would be the new changes.

Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation, severe brain damage or being blown to large pieces. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine, or regenerating from being blasted to large pieces.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to small pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as singular limbs, or a finger, or the heart.

Hmm. Perhaps something like this instead?

"Mid: The ability to regenerate from decapitation, severe brain damage or being blown to large pieces. For machines and vehicles, this would be regenerating from the destruction of critical parts, such as the engine.

High-Mid: The ability to regenerate from being blown/cut to small pieces, brain included, or from a small piece of the user's body, such as a finger, or the heart."

Your suggested fhe first text column contained repetition, and the second one contained regenerating from a singular limb as being a qualification, which I am uncertain of, as it is not a small piece.

Back