• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A life wiping parasite fights the best man

Numbersguy

VS Battles
Retired
Well, this will be the human's hardest fight I think

The Thing (John Carpenter)

Composite Human

They fight in Alaska, in a forest in the middle of spring

The Thing has 3 hours of prep time (Aka it has 3 hours toinfect anything it wants before the fight starts. It can infect even multiple animals if needed)

The Human is armed with the following weapons: Katana, M16, AK-47, Flamethrower. It has 10 magazines for each gun and one gallon of fuel for the flamethrower. If it is unblanced, he can get a M1 Abrams tank.

The Human knows there is something supernatural in the forest, but doesn't know what is it

They are separated by 10 miles of terrain

I'm going inconclusive. The Human would be able to hold off Thing for a while and quickly figure out what it's weakness is, but seeing as The Thing survived an explosion of a base, it's only a matter of time until The Thing is able to kill CH. The only reason why I don't immediately give it to the thing is because CH is an extraordinary genius, and could figure out a way to make some sort of makeshift explosion, or he could cause a forest fire. I feel it's safer to go inconclusive.

The composite human is extremenly smart and stuff but without even knowing that he fights a highly infectious lifeform and the thing has even prep time against him he has no way to win this.

Imagine the thing infecting hordes of wild life or even insects plus moment of surprise. No chance..

Another bumb

Votes:

-Inconclusive: 1 vote

-The Thing: 5 votes

-Human: 0 votes

human via Flamethrower, there is no way the thing can regenerate when being burned alive, which, regardless of losing a piece of your body, (because it doesnt, it burns you,) the thing will be fried, the animals are useless,

altho, its not 7 votes yet, lets change some ppl into thinking composite human winning instead,

Yeah might be considerable if not for the following points..

1. Composite Human has to know somehow that the Thing is vunurable to fire.

2. Composite Human has to know that anything organic could be the Thing and therefore needs to be burned. (btw with such limited fuel there is not that much room for experiments.)

3. Composite Human has also to know that the thing is pretty intelligent. Acting innocent for a while and than striking. Imagine some birds flying around in the sky...

If Composite Human knows that three points from the start i say he probably takes it but without knowing that stuff i really don't see the Flamethrower as a game changer.

Raffney said:
Yeah might be considerable if not for the following points..
1. Composite Human has to know somehow that the Thing is vunurable to fire.

2. Composite Human has to know that anything organic could be the Thing and therefore needs to be burned. (btw with such limited fuel there is not that much room for experiments.)

3. Composite Human has also to know that the thing is pretty intelligent. Acting innocent for a while and than striking. Imagine some birds flying around in the sky...

If Composite Human knows that three points from the start i say he probably takes it but without knowing that stuff i really don't see the Flamethrower as a game changer.
maybe because of knowing tht she can regenerate after finding that out, with other weapons

People made a stalemate in the movie just because they were in Antarctica. But here we have a middle of spring. The thing may infect some insects and start to spread. Humans need to detonate many nukes here pretty fast. But it wouldn't be done probably.

So the Thing wins.

Back