• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A LARGE amount of questions (Neptunia Feats & Statements)

Hey all.

After getting back to work on this verse's long overdue CRT alongside a few others, we’ve arrived at a point where we’ve got quite a few puzzling questions that we'd like your opinions on. All of this is related, again, to our Neptunia Revisions so input on this would be very appreciated and helpful.

Now strap in boys – because this is going to be a very lengthy thread, as we’ve got a lot of questions to ask.

Question #1: Adult Nep’s Dimension Hopping and the Canonicity of Spin-Offs

First, let’s begin with this section.

In Megadimension Neptunia VII, near the end of the game, you can enter a sequence of cutscenes primarily revolving around Adult Neptune, her adventures, and how she managed to get into the game.

Throughout these cutscenes, there is one particular statement about the various dimensions she has visited, note the part of the statement that says “some that have an idol boom going on”.

Now, why are we mentioning this? Well, in the Neptunia series, there is a spin-off game that fits this exact description of what Adult Nep is talking about. Producing Perfection. The plot of the game is that the popularity of the CPUs has dramatically diminished due to an overabundance of idols that are stealing the spotlight. What does that mean in simple terms? An idol boom.

Dimensional travel between previously non-canon dimensions (like Re;Birth 1’s “Superdimension”) wouldn’t be out of the ordinary for this series, as there is the character MAGES., who has been shown to perform travel to other dimensions before, such as the Ultra Dimension and, again, the Super Dimension.

So, with this in mind, does that mean that Producing Perfection is canon to Neptunia, and by extension, the other spin-off games as well?

Some of these spin-offs would include Super Neptunia RPG, Cyberdimension Neptunia, and the VS. Sega Hard Girls crossover, among others.

Question #2: Parallel Worlds?

In Megadimension Neptunia VII’s remake, VII Realize (or VIIR for short), when you start a new game, you are greeted to this statement here.

Now, this statement is admittingly a little bit vague, but the way we currently look at it is that for every game/game copy (mostly for VIIR, but this can possibly be expanded to every game in the series, or hell even games overall as a whole) sold, there is a world created as a result. Let’s say that 50,000 copies of Megadimension Neptunia VIIR are sold. That means that there would be 50,000 worlds, one world for each copy.

Not only that, but there is a second part to the statement. “And as many parallel worlds as there are players.” This is essentially a similar situation with the first part of the statement, but this is a rather important one. As we know “parallel worlds” can often be considered “alternate worlds”, and this is more so backed up by Adult Nep’s statement of her dimension hopping, which could possibly include the different endings for Re;Birth 2, Re;Birth 3 and VII.

Does this mean that for every game copy and every player, there are at least two worlds created as a result, and are the alternate endings of the main games of the series canon to the series as a whole?

Question #3: Sega Hard Girls Split Timeline Shenanigans (If the first question is valid)

Probably our most important question due to how unsure we are on this.

This is basically only here because of the first question. We have the VS. Sega Hard Girls crossover, a game about going back to the past and fixing events that happened as a result of history disappearing from the Grand Library, which holds the history of the world on its shelves.

As they travel to the past, they begin to encounter characters that we’ve already seen in the main games, like Plutia and Uzume. However, in this game, neither Plutia nor Uzume knows who Neptune is, despite this being the case in the main games.

But, there is a reason for that, and it’s because that Neptune in this game (not the bike version whom we get to know throughout most of the game) is actually from a parallel timeline. When IF and Segami traveled back to the past, they rescued a Neptune that is from a parallel timeline, in which she never became a bike, and thus, Neptune and “Nepbike” meet each other. It also explains why Plutia and Uzume had no idea who she was when they met each other.

With all that context out of the way, this leads us onto the actual question:

Is it possible that by going back into the past and changing something, a parallel timeline is created as a result of said change?

Question #4: Manipulating a “merged” dimension where one is a higher plane

(Quick heads up, in the Neptunia series, dimensions are considered to be universe-sized)

The feat in question here would be Histoire being able to adjust the dimensional coordinates of the “VR Dimension”, a dimension that overlaps between their world and our world, which is just referred to as the “Player’s World”. And before you ask, yes, our world is considered to be a dimension to them.

Here’s the puzzler though. It is stated by Croire (a being who bears a striking resemblance to Histoire who has the ability to traverse dimensions on her own) that our world/dimension exists on a “Heavenly plane”, and thus is unable to visit it.

Since Histy is able to adjust the coordinates of the VR Dimension, which is stated to be mostly influenced by our, supposedly, “higher” world compared to theirs, would this be able to qualify as anything? If so, what would this be?

Question #5: The 9-D coordinates, revisited

Here we are at our last part. Yes, yes, I’m bringing this scene with Nepgear discussing about dimensional coordinates back up again. The main reason why I’m doing so is because I have a question surrounding this.

Before I ask this question, though, I do want to stress that these coordinates are not just “random numbers”, as these were accused of being before the last time this was debated - considering they’re important to the plot throughout almost the entirety of the third arc of Neptunia VII, as well as its remake (Neptunia VIIR) going a step further by expanding on the idea of these “dimensional coordinates”, as well as Neptunia’s overall cosmology, further - so to say that they’re just “random numbers” with no meaning at this point is a bit silly, imho.

Anyway, here’s my question:

Here’s a link to the statements.

[306 : 130 : 873 : 046 : 305 : 830 : 52 : 30 : 93] - These are Hyper Dimension’s coordinates in this supposedly 9-D space.

[306 : 130 : 873 : 046 : 305 : 830 : 52 : 30 : 70] - These were, formerly, Zero Dimension’s coordinates in the exact same space before it was moved by a specific character.

If an object, in this case, an entire universe/dimension, has locatable coordinates and depth in every single plane of 9-D space, does that mean that the object in question encompasses all planes of 9-D space, thus being 9-D?

Just before you ask where this is coming from, I’d like to clarify.

The logic behind my own thoughts on this question is very simple: Every number in these coordinates all have numbers that are higher than zero, which would suggest that there’s depth to every single plane. This is further suggested by Kurome (the character that moved Zero Dimension) only affecting one coordinate out of all nine coordinates when she moved the dimension, showing that she only needed to move it towards one plane, thus indicating that there’s depth.

“But couldn’t the dimensions just be 3-D/4-D in this 9-D space? Wouldn’t that just answer your question?”

Possibly, but that would be highly unusual in this case, considering we have characters like Nepgear, Uzume, Kurome, and most likely Histoire for that matter, who are aware of and are able to track these dimensions moving in this supposed 9-D space, so to say that the dimensions are only restricted to 3-D/4-D when they’re able to locate stuff to this massive degree would be very strange to say the least.

Not only that, but Kurome is shown to be very knowledgeable on dimensional coordinates, being the only person in the series who knows that dimensional coordinates overlapping each other entirely causes a fusion between the two dimensions, thus what her plan was throughout the final arc.

But this is just what I personally was able to come up with when I pondered on this question, and since I don’t consider myself well-versed on our accepted theories or standards on higher dimensions, I decided to ask for opinions on this here.

Much appreciated for reading all the way through, please let me know what you think about all of these questions, if you’re able to answer them.

1. I don't know the series, so I'm probably not the best judge. I think that might just be a reference/cameo, though. Would it matter?
  2. I'm personally somewhat hesitant to mix real life and fiction in that manner. It's not like the author knew the sales. I know we do something like that for Pokémon but I'm not really supportive of that either... Again, would it matter, though? WIthout further evidence, I wouldn't assume these different game universes are included in any "all of creation" feats that the verse might or might not have. Wouldn't assume these are necessarily what she was dimension hopping into either.
  3. I suppose it's possible. When it comes to crossover games it might be a one-sided crossover or something.
  4. I don't think this qualifies for tier 1 if that's what you are going for. It seems to be more so their explanation for the VR stuff it doesn't appear like our world is infinitely superior to them, considering that they can go and do things.
  5. Assuming these are 9 dimensional coordinates I still don't see why you would assume those to indicate those places to have 9-D expansion, instead of being 3D locations in 9D space. I don't see how it would be strange for them to be only 3D just because some characters are knowledgable on them and can sense their position and movement. That can happen to a 3D space just as well.

I don't know the series, so I'm probably not the best judge. I think that might just be a reference/cameo, though. Would it matter?
Adult Neptune has been shown to be and is described as a dimension hopper given she's been using Croire's powers for at least a few years. Her statement of visiting various dimensions isn't without merit, and so a simple reference to the spin-off despite her status and description of where she went (which lines up with Producing Perfection's entire plot and basis) is unlikely.
I'm personally somewhat hesitant to mix real life and fiction in that manner. It's not like the author knew the sales. I know we do something like that for Pokémon but I'm not really supportive of that either... Again, would it matter, though? WIthout further evidence, I wouldn't assume these different game universes are included in any "all of creation" feats that the verse might or might not have. Wouldn't assume these are necessarily what she was dimension hopping into either.
We're not assuming that these are dimensions that Adult Nep has visited, just that they have the possibility to exist given what the first section is about. Yes, Pokémon does something similar, but this is a bit different because it's expressing that with every game and every player, a world and a parallel world are created in the following moment. The players' actions decide what ending is taken, hence why we're inquiring whether or not the alternate endings to the game are canon to the series.
I suppose it's possible. When it comes to crossover games it might be a one-sided crossover or something.
It is possible that this is a one-sided crossover, since the Sega Hard Girls are a very niche set of characters, but even if that was the case, it would still fall in line with the Neptunia series as a whole.

Not gonna touch on the other two things due to my lack of knowledge on dimensionality, so I'll leave that to Kaio.

Bumpity Bump.
I'll touch upon the last two questions in particular once we get more responses rolling in, if possible.

Back