• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A kid tries talking a dude out of killing himself.

McQueen kills himself

well shit cause Frisk is dead too

Frisk resets and eventually uses the power of friendship to make him feel not depressed

The Smashor said:
Frisk literally has infinite tries.
Nlf bro, if not then Flowey wouldn't have lost to Sans and there would be no timeline.

I don't get how infinite tries helps. Sure, in a fight that would help because then you could just move out of the enemy's way because you know their movements and stuff. But this would just be suicide, Reset, etc.

Flowey never said he didn't eventually kill Sans. The reason the timeline still exists is he never could reach the SOULS. I feel like Asgore's resolve is a bit higher then McQueen's.

Flowey never said he killed Sans, Flowey said he lost a lot with him. No much to say.

Anyway, using Flowey struggling against sans to say Frisk can't just LOAD as many times as they want is a... flimsy argument at best.

Here's the difference between this and Steven. Steven could restrain or knock Thunder out and then keep talking to him. Frisk can't. So it just ends up being a loop of trying and failing to talk Thunder out of it and resetting forever.

Frisk tries talking him out of it, then fails and he kys, then Frisk resets and tries saying something else, and this continues to happen until Frisk finds just the right words and makes him stop.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
Frisk tries talking him out of it, then fails and he kys, then Frisk resets and tries saying something else, and this continues to happen until Frisk finds just the right words and makes him stop.
Thunder blocks them out. Steven could knock him out and give Thunder no choice but to listen. Frisk can't.

Frisk actually takes this.

Why? Because ACT is stated to be able to calm dow even the most violent enemies, and that every person has a way to be calmed dow.

Even if we don't use Deltarune, Frisk has a huge history of being able to calm people down.

And Frisk didn't have to use SAVE for any of those, which is basically an extremely powerful version of ACT.

Judging by how suicidal Thunder McQueen is or isn't (I honestly don't know), Frisk hugging him might be enough. She basically radiates the ability to perservere through hardship. We don't even know if he'd kill himself with a small child watching him in the first place.

The main problem is that we assume Thunder McQueen is mere seconds away from killing himself when the "battle" starts, which I don't believe is the case.

With infinite retries, they'll end up saying something that makes him stop, even if it takes millions of years, that's the thing about infinity, anything that can happen, will happen.

Ignoring the incorrect gender pronoun since Frisk has no confirmed gender because indie dev SASP is right. Also clearly Thunder wouldn't go commit die right away. Otherwise he wouldn't have lived long enough to even meet the group in Part 6.

Paulo.junior.969 said:
With infinite retries, they'll end up saying something that makes him stop, even if it takes millions of years, that's the thing about infinity, anything that can happen, will happen.
You know how you can't talk down Asgore no matter what you say abd you have to use force? Same here. Only Frisk has no way of forcing Thunder to listen.

Super Ascended Sean Pazdera said:
Judging by how suicidal Thunder McQueen is or isn't (I honestly don't know), Frisk hugging him might be enough. She basically radiates the ability to perservere through hardship. We don't even know if he'd kill himself with a small child watching him in the first place.

The main problem is that we assume Thunder McQueen is mere seconds away from killing himself when the "battle" starts, which I don't believe is the case.
You are right, but not in the way you think. Frisk hugging him would make him want to kill himself. He knows about HtH, he wants to commit suicide and take someone with him. When someone tries to stop him, that makes him happier and more eager to kill himself because he gets to die with a nice person.

Arent the gameplay mechanics in undertale acknowledge as a thing in universe? You know like the whole SAVE and LOAD stuff.

I've always thought that Asgore destroying the MERCY button should be a form of limited power null

Paulo.junior.969 said:
I don't think that's how it works. In multiple verses, there are infinite universes, but it's not like there are infinite of (insert God Tier) in the verse.

Thunder literally finds out new ways or rather reasons to kill himself.

But then again if this is infinitely happening won't this mean this is statemate from the start anyway? I kinda almost feel bad for Frisk since they're gonna die again and again and again. This is Giorno all over agian.

Ah, in that case, Frisk FRA. Although, isn't this a stomp? Thunder can't even inconclusive like he normally does.

I think the win condition for Thunder is to really, end up in a tie.

I don't remember him ever actually winning a match by not dying to force a tie.

The Wright Way said:
Ah, in that case, Frisk FRA. Although, isn't this a stomp? Thunder can't even inconclusive like he normally does.
Yes. Thunder seems to be the exception for that rule though. He's put up against people like Goku, Thanos, and Saitama but there is no win con there. He gets put up against 0 dimensional beings like Monarch of Pointland that he can't even effect so again, no win con. His profile is inflated with matches to make his incon list bigger and his losses are mainly people just spiting him even worse where he can't even get an inconclusive.

Yes. Thunder seems to be the exception for that rule though. He's put up against people like Goku, Thanos, and Saitama but there is no win con there. He gets put up against 0 dimensional beings like Monarch of Pointland, but again no win con. His profile is inflated with matches to make his incon list bigger and his losses are mainly people just spiting him even worse where he can't even get an inconclusive.

Yeah, but he can stalemate them. He can't do that here.

Back