• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Human & the Controller of a Reality gets a Pet Cat

Cueball of XKCD decides that after eternity, he wants a pet that he doesn't have to move rocks to take care of it or even live. By some twisted miracle, a Domestic Cat is created & brought into the rock simulation, as capable of interacting with the rocks & Cueball that operate the simulation as Cueball is. Yay, pet cat!

Unfortunately, there's no way out of the rock simulation, & the cat is an ordinary one, who, unlike Cueball, was cursed with the "abilities" of hunger & thirst, & there's nothing to eat except Cueball.

The cat starts perfectly healthy, but with nothing in its stomach other than what would be normally present according to its biology.

Cueball gets no prep time other than what his own observations of the cat cause him to have; Assume he doesn't suspect its hunger or thirst -since he never had any himself here- until the cat's behaviour causes him to suspect it.

Combat begins when the cat decides it wants to consume Cueball or when Cueball decides to begin combat. By sheer coincidence, they start 5 meters away, regardless of how it begins.

Hopefully this is fair.

@ProspectX: My intent in how I made the OP was to avoid just such a scenario. I admit, my wording was a bit poor. My exact words were a "a Domestic Cat is created & brought into the rock simulation, as capable of interacting with the rocks & Cueball that operate the simulation as Cueball is. "

Yes I also said before that, that he wanted a pet, but I deliberately avoided saying he created it. I'd say it was more a wish conveniently & inexplicably granted to arrange this.

This match takes place with both cat & Cueball inside the realm where Cueball operates the rock simulation.

& as I understand it, Cueball, inside the Rock Simulation is practically a God.... To anyone inside what he's simulating. If he's anywhere else, or to anything not in it, he's Human Level, as per his "Outside the Rock Simulation Key".

In his own origin comic, he says "I was able to build a computer. Each new row of stones is the next iteration of the computation." & "After a while, I programmed it to be a physics simulator".

My intent is that the Domestic Cat in this match was created & brought to Cueball independently of Cueball & his "physics simulator in his computer" & exists in the same world where Cueball runs his physics-simulating-rock-computer.

And presumably, he doesn't simulate himself, nor the rocks he uses. Ergo, he doesn't control time, space & other aspects of reality where his computer is. Which is where this fight is taking place, with the cat that I should be more clear on the matter of him not having created, much less being in control of.

Okay, i have grasped it. Though the cat itself is still just a by-product of cueball's formula, hence it's not that much of possibility that he can make the cat consent to it's own conscious will.

This battle can't be realized if cueball isnt capable of such dictation. He can reshape physics to his will, though not the concept of it.

Anyhow, he is a human and the cat is regardless just a usual cat. What would the conclusion be if ? The human just kicks it and knocks it out.

@ProspectX: I meant that the reason I said he DIDN'T create it was because I meant that he didn't make it. It would be far more accurate to say an outside entity created the cat. With that in mind, how would it still be a product of his own formula, especially if it was never a part of his simulation & came to be in the same reality that Cueball lives in?

Although I suppose it is a bit unfair, statistically. If the cat were in the simulation, they'd be on the same tier, but Cueball is apparently smaller than subatomic particles in that key, so that'd probably end up inconclusive even if he couldn't hax stomp.

Attack Potency: Below Average Human (Far smaller than even subatomic particles, and possibly quantum strings.)

Why is he assumed to be so tiny again? In any case, if that size DID apply to him in the simulation it'd probably be inconclusive, so it'd only be fair if we somehow gave him his Inside stats & made him regular human size, or had the cat be cat-size relative to Cueball or something.

I doubt any of those are viable options are they? Is it too late to change the opponent?

The cat's only real advantages would be Superhuman speed in short bursts, arguably better senses, & possibly being hostile before he knows it.

Okay so, by your account this just implies that a "possibly" outside entity just manifested this cat into existence. A matchup should only consist of two observed opponents.

Also his profile itself is vauge and only has one panel, not really arguing how his size will be a factor here.

By the way, what do you mean only one panel? You have seen the comic I linked, that he originates from, right? Apologies if you have.

The point of the entity is for... "plot convenience". For the sake of arranging this. As you mentioned, if Cueball did make the cat, he'd have an advantage. I wanted to provide context to the scenario without giving Cueball an advantage, so I had an otherwise intended-as-non-participating party create the cat, rather than him making it; As far as I can tell, Cueball operates his simulation within an infinite desert expanse of rocks & maybe sand, so to me, other life existing there already seemed improbable & implied not to be the case.

Plot convenience huh? Well if this is such a matchup, then the versus thread board should be switched with funs and games. This wikia regulates matchups in a way for opponents to battle each other, not by "possibly"exterior means.

The only thing you actually regulate is the matchup battle stage, and maybe some legitimate restrictions that doesnt favor either side.

Either ways, the size itself is some wierd application to his profile. Better to ask the one who inputted that.

Fair enough. I figured since opponents usually don't just meet characters from other realities/settings & circumstances of meeting are sometimes dictated in an OP....

Nonetheless, it may be better to choose a different opponent for Cueball, & since I'd be doing that & it may be difficult or tedious to get this moved, it may be better just to make a new thread.

That said, I appreciate your patience & discussion with me. Sorry for the erroneous thread.

No problem, i'm not really sure where that 10-C rating came from either. Or why he is treated as a sub-atomic particle, better to ask first to the one who most contributed to the profile.

Back