• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Hat in Time Fixes & Revisions Part 1

Status
Not open for further replies.
Time Pieces:
Firstly let's start with the time piece reasoning:
"Multi-Solar System level (Her powers appear to come from the Time Pieces themselves. Uses a single Time Piece to create a pocket dimension that composes of countless starry structures and nebulae. This dimension as well begins to collapse when her powers start disappearing, and completely vanishes upon her defeat)"
While this is all well and good I have one major problem with this:
"Uses a single Time Piece to create a pocket dimension that"
She does not use a single time piece, she has to use multiple, the single time piece creates the black void which then causes all the other time pieces to fall and make the actual dimension with countless starry skies.

"Multi-Solar System level (Superior to her previous form. Utilizes Death Wish Time Pieces this time around, which not only creates another starry dimension, but can create a Time Rift with several distant stars)"
The "Time Rift with several distant stars" is a time rift that's based off the Twilight Bell:

Which sends Hat Kid to a separate universe^
Dunno if that gives a legit upgrade or not but that's just to give further context.

Mafia Goons:
Why are Mafia goons 10-B? They easily break through the glass hull of Hat Kid's ship that's glass strong enough to withstand space's vacuums and survive a fall onto their planet:

Their entire thing also is that they're physically tough guys

They should also have
Longevity (Mafia members have lived on the island for over thousands of years),

Telekinesis (Shown here)

Speed:
Apparently speed's listed as unknown so mayhaps this can help?
I don't have the direct scan for this but anyone with AHIT boot up Chapter 2 conductor's side where he's trying to make you a diva and you can briefly outpace the electrical currents while restricted on a tightrope, no idea how fast that's considered.

There's also the Mafia Member tagging Hat Kid's ship while it was flying at full speeds:

And the cast tagging her ship while it was taking off here:
https://youtu.be/24Hag8-CCMg?list=PLHLhcULPCm0ydUxmXlLqkGQFxQtAC5bG7&t=2217

Hat Kid also can outrun The Empress' rocket launchers and dodge them easily and The Conductor can swing his knife so fast it leaves creates multiple knives so there's that.

Hat Kid's Intelligence:
Hat Kid's intelligence should be upgraded
She built and fixed her rumbi by herself, and no it didn't come with an instruction manual or anything you can see it in the storybook:

She made her spaceship:

Which includes devices like an alternate dimensional transporter:

Was able to escape all the cats in New Metro City trying to catch her with a one million dollar bounty, all the while avoiding rocket launcher shots from

Was capable of convincing Snatcher to give her soul back along with the last time piece of Subcon Forest

Infiltrated Dead Bird Studios with it's heavy security

She also easily understands the fuel and name of it used for the Mafia Rocket engine:

So she should be far higher in intelligence with this.

That be all for now.

Last edited:
Yeah, I definitely agree with this. I think you might've put it better than I did when it came to applying the justification to the Multi-Solar System level rating, although I would argue that the Death Wish time piece feats are legitimate. Sure it's based off of the Twilight Bell but it wouldn't be out of the question that those stars are realistic.

Speed was always a titan to tackle when it came to the Hat in Time verse. The electrical current feat could work, but like you, I wouldn't know what that would put Hat Kid. If not that, then they could all scale to the Conductor, who attacks at blurry speeds to the point of creating afterimages, which would definitely account to Subsonic attacks speeds.

Yes, DEFINITELY upgrade her intelligence. Creating all these nifty, futuristic machines would definitely grant her Genius-level intelligence, if not, Extraordinary Genius.

Uh Magolor I wasn't questioning the validity of the Twilight Bell feat I'm saying it might be higher.

What about the ship tagging feats?

I must've misread, then. I wouldn't be so sure about that. Unless this universe was confirmed to be universal in size and an actual parallel dimension, then I don't know if we should apply that.

While yes, on the monitor it is showing that she is amid the course of returning home, the spacecraft appears to be stationary when we are given a shot of the Mafia Goon, and the planet. This is a debatable matter, so best we wait for more input.

Yes, I would agree on Extraordinary Genius as well, but perhaps not Supergenius. Supergenius would imply she has massive amounts of knowledge over many other fields of science than just the ones she is current adept in which already warrants an Extraordinary Genius rating. She would as well probably be able to outsmart and see through other intelligent figures like The Snatcher, yet she didn't see through his manipulation and attentive analysis over her.

I think it's moreso stationary because of a gameplay limitation since the monitor and the announcer both indicate the ship's moving.
The official story art in the game manual also shows she looks at the progress bar of her ship moving:

And the end game shows her ship is actively taking off and the cast grab it mid take off. But ye more input helps.

From what I read on Supergenius doing things like creating physics defying/reality warping gear gives one Supergenius (dimensional transporter and space-ship are examples of this), also Snatcher moreso manipulated her in the fact that he took her soul and rewarded her with time pieces for doing the task, it wasn't directly manipulation and she overtime just outsmarts him back.

I agree with what Giver has proposed. As for the Hat in Time line part, I actually tested that and found Hat Kid to be a little faster than it. However I have no footage of it.

So wait, I'm confused. Is it a downgrade for the bosses who use a single Time Peace or an upgrade for Mustache Girl specifically? The Mafia Goons should be 9-B scaling from other fodder enemies at least.

For speed, I agree a lot of speed upgrades have potential. Machine generated electricity is at least Mach 1.6 according to Lina's calc. What speed feats does her ship have though.

I think Extraordinary Genius is safer. Supergenius is mostly for extreme levels of reality distorting technologies from scratch. Such as Subjective reality technologies or Tier 2 and above Reality warping technologies.

So wait, I'm confused. Is it a downgrade for the bosses who use a single Time Peace or an upgrade for Mustache Girl specifically? The Mafia Goons should be 9-B scaling from other fodder enemies at least.

For speed, I agree a lot of speed upgrades have potential. Machine generated electricity is at least Mach 1.6 according to Lina's calc. What speed feats does her ship have though.

I think Extraordinary Genius is safer. Supergenius is mostly for extreme levels of reality distorting technologies from scratch. Such as Subjective reality technologies or Tier 2 and above Reality warping technologies.
No it's just re-clarifying the feat since it was not done with a single time piece. Now if that counts as a downgrade is up to discussion. I agree with the Mafia Goons being 9-B, that was what I was going for with the feats.

Her ship is what she uses to travel through space and travel through light years in a small timeframe, and we see it do this, so I'd assume MFTL+.

She made her ship and the dimensional transporter from scratch. Wouldn't alternate dimensional transporters count as such?

I was iffy on making every single boss scaling from Mustache girl, so I suppose those who aren't her or Hat Kid may be downgraded.

I suppose the ship is Massively FTL+ but I'm super iffy about a fodder enemy having the best combat speed feat in the verse; if Bayonetta taught us anything, that's the textbook definition of outlier. Not to mention, I know the video said full speed, but it doesn't even look like it's moving in the background tbh.

Portals that travel to alternate dimensions isn't really extensively big enough to be Supergenius. Extrodinary Genius is fine though.

What should they be downgraded to then?

It wasn't only the fodder enemy that did that, a later feat shows the entire cast do the same feat, so it's consistent and not just a fodder enemy. Also I already covered the background not moving part, in the official opening comic book in the game manual it shows that she's watching the progress of her ship move and then the ship stops once the Mafia member knocks, and again it's supported by the end feat of everyone tagging the ship.

Also part of me doesn't know how to feel about labeling off Mafia Goons as "fodder enemies" they're considered enough of a threat to Hat Kid where they can adapt to her fighting style and she can't physically harm them by punching them. Most of the "fodder enemies" in the game she can one-shot except for the Mafia Goons. Note that I'm definitely not saying they should be 4-A, far from it, but I don't think labeling them off as fodder enemies works as much.

Could At least Extraordinary Genius work?

I can't think of many other feats, so perhaps At least Wall level, likely far higher.

That may just be typical gameplay shenanigans + I also know people like Queen Vanessa are in the same boat that they can oneshot Hat Kid. Although she's a very unique obstacle above a lot of the other mooks.

If you can gather a list of feats to prove consistency, that would be good and I might accept it then.

I'm fine with that, but some staff get iffy about adding At least to most intelligence ratings.

I'm fine with wall level, likely far higher but I'd like to see what EMagolor or Adam think of this since they initially started the 4-A upgrade

Vanessa one-shots Hat Kid through a use of some kind of darkness and not exactly physical AP from what I remember. In this case Mafia Goons are seen as physically strong brutes and not like, say, Goombas from Mario. Hell, a regular Mafia Goon is seen as a boss fight.

I'm assuming you mean for MFTL+?
Mafia Goon tags the space ship moving at full speed:

Later cast tags the spaceship as it was taking off:

Mustache Girl amped by the time pieces made a realm move so fast it made the stars blurry:

From what I understand all of the lower feats are done superbly casually and there's no real anti feat I can think of.

Alright.

I mean, not fodder fodder, definitely not Goombas. But they are mooks similar to some Bayonetta enemies. But okay.

I saw that first example, but the stars scrolling example is actually something Kep and Matt brought up multiple times on other threads and blogs about those being commonly things we avoid using as an Argument for Massively FTL+ stuff. The second Mafia goon feat might be enough to show consistency however.

The star scrolling one was just moreso for a supporting feat then anything. If it's not useable, that's fine though.

Assuming this is enough, I'd assume something like "Supersonic travel speed, with Massively FTL+ Reactions and Combat" works? Also reminder that the non-fodders did the second feat too.

Was capable of convincing Snatcher to give her soul back along with the last time piece of Subcon Forest
Nah, she totally just bullied him and he came with the idea in giving it back so she could leave him alone. I think her reaction to having her soul taken was that she didn't feel much difference.

Nah, she totally just bullied him and he came with the idea in giving it back so she could leave him alone. I think her reaction to having her soul taken was that she didn't feel much difference.
Snatcher literally couldn't social influence or talk his way out of it, he had every way possible and he even noted her as a hard negotiator.

Hard negotiator? Her demand was for Snatcher to be her BFF and he totally dodges her by only giving her soul back. What a rip off.

? Then what does "contract still in effect" mean? It takes place further in the game's timeline?

I am fine with Medeus' conclusions and a regular Extraordinary Genius rating.

That would only be via Cherry Bombs, so probably, "At least Wall level, likely far higher. Multi-Solar System level with Cherry Bombs"?

You can apply what has been accepted by the staff at least, yes.

I was iffy on making every single boss scaling from Mustache girl, so I suppose those who aren't her or Hat Kid may be downgraded.
Wait, I just realized this. I'm unsure if we should go through with this since none of them are fodder and are counted as major opponents and characters that genuinely give Hat Kid a challenge in battle. With this logic, many Kirby characters shouldn't scale to Kirby himself or those who possess the 4-A feats, or the same for many Mario characters.

Boss battles like the Outhouse, Mafia Goons, and the Nyakuza Metro secret boss would all likely fit the criteria for being 9-B despite fighting Hat Kid since they can be dismissed as fodders themselves due to being standard opponents Hat Kid has to deal with and as "mini bosses". They aren't exactly major characters, either.

Last edited:
Should Hat Kid instead get a early game to end game key? Or should Mustache Girl's 4-A reasoning change? It seems odd to scale them all with a single time piece to a feat that was done using multiple time pieces at once.

Last edited:
Should Hat Kid instead get a early game to end game key? Or should Mustache Girl's 4-A reasoning change?
It doesn't work like that. There isn't evidence of her gradually getting more powerful as the game progresses, this sort of tiering usually works when a character canonically gets more powerful through the duration of a game (especially RPGs) or show.

I propose the major bosses all keep their 4-A rating considering they're in the main cast of the game and that in a canonical sense give Hat Kid an overwhelming challenge, with the minor bosses scaling to fodder- We can make profiles of said minor bosses to cite an example of this type of scaling, even. With that, Queen Vanessa should be sidegraded to unknown.

I've seen other profiles that have that but alright, though looking further into it I have a problem with the 4-A scaling in general, since it's all being scaled from Mustache Girl who does the feat over-time by dropping hundreds of time pieces. So I don't know if there's enough reason she should scale to this physically.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back