• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Status
Not open for further replies.
I am back for part 2, just needed to have a little break after finishing up the previous thread. Last thread mostly focused on AP, giving Mafia dudes some abilities and overall revising intelligence for some characters, this thread will just be focusing on the powers and abilities and adding some.

Hat Kid
Some fixes first:
"Limited Creation and Matter Manipulation (Can create and materialize green translucent platforms into solid platforms) and Limited Non-Physical Interaction (Can turn green, spirit-like enemies into solid enemies. Likely not applicable towards ghosts like The Snatcher) (Dweller's Mask)"
Dweller's mask does not only work on green objects, I'm pretty sure that's just a color coding game mechanic, the reasons why is, it can affect objects of other colors:

The Dweller bells, which the Dweller's mask is based off of, have red color coding for taking something out of a dimension:

Anyways, the main important take away from this, this is not creating objects or whatever dweller's mask brings objects from another dimension into focus:

So if anything it's moreso that it's Snatcher being unaffected by the object rather then it's not applicable towards ghost, especially since the very thing that powers the dweller bells, which the dweller's mask power basically are the dweller spirits:

"Can slow down a fall with her Parasol (Hover Badge)"
She can do this w/o her parasol, equip the hover badge, then equip a bat and she'll just use her legs and briefly fly in the air then land

"Dimensional Storage (Can pull her scooters from out of nowhere)"
That should be in her base tabber rather then her hats and badges tabber, she can just naturally store a bunch of objects in one of her pockets.

Now for actual additions
First and foremost, I saw this was brought up in the original upgrade thread for 4-A but never really elaborated on past that,

She is consistently mentioned that she dies and the Snatcher revives her:
https://youtu.be/ksyHlBZSbHQ?t=547

And it's implied it's due the BFF contract forging she did:
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ksyHlBZSbHQ&feature=youtu.be&t=581

Social Influencing, virtually all the previous bosses cheer her on even when she decides to run from Mustache Girl:
https://youtu.be/eI9fDqWY4dI?t=39

All the previous enemies that wanted to kill her basically beg her not to leave:
https://youtu.be/fenLzC-IbwU?t=116

Snatcher gets forced into agreeing with her on contract stuff:
https://youtu.be/9_WX52cA9EI?t=397

Probably further support for aca type 1? She's alright even with 50 alternate timeline versions of herself running around, no idea how that's treated here:
https://youtu.be/B0M28IbhAtY

For further support of her regen so it's not seen as only cause lol crushed flat, she can heal from burns and being frozen (can't find a burn scan but just try to jump into some random lava pit by yourself or something):
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=i35mCrPzXZs&feature=youtu.be&t=234

Hat Kid can get out of time rifts so dimensional travel?
https://youtu.be/OEpiXFALEiY?list=PLHLhcULPCm0ydUxmXlLqkGQFxQtAC5bG7&t=1101

Possession, her soul has this so it should just be noted she does this with her soul:
https://youtu.be/X359hbvGco4

Cause I can't find direct scans, gonna list every badge's ability here
Spatial Manipulation for mirror badge, flips the screen should give her universal range
Perception Manipulation for Nostalgia Badge, Peaceful Badge, Retro Badge, and REDtro VR Badge, makes garbage filters on the screen and turns everything distorted

Resistances:
Resistance to Poison Manip as Hat Kid can resist the poisonous flowers on Alpine Skyline's that can even affect robots like Rumbi
https://youtu.be/jldoJZhrZ38
https://youtu.be/uRzbWwOlZo8?t=29

For further explanation on her living w/o her soul as we know the outhouse is being possessed by her soul and she repeatedly attacks and beats the mess out of it yet she's perfectly fine:
https://youtu.be/X359hbvGco4?t=17

Resistance to Cosmic Radiations and Extreme Colds as she's just kinda pouts after being pulled into space:
https://youtu.be/EaR3aEI2DSU?t=136

Resistance to Extreme Heats as she can go around Mafia Town under laval fine:
https://youtu.be/OEpiXFALEiY?list=PLHLhcULPCm0ydUxmXlLqkGQFxQtAC5bG7&t=500

Mustache Girl
First and most obvious is Longevity as Mustache Girl is over thousands of years old, predating the Mafia coming to the island:

Self-Sustenance as the way everyone gets onto Hat Kid's ship is via traveling up from the planet onto her ship, so basically traveling in space.

Stealth Mastery as she snuck onto Hat Kid's ship

Would this also count as 4th Wall Breaking? No clue

Resistance to Cosmic Radiations and Extreme Colds for the same reason as her Self-Sustenance

Mafia Boss
Resistance to Cosmic Radiations and Extreme Colds for the same reason as his Self-Sustenance

The Conductor
Resistance to Cosmic Radiations and Extreme Colds for the same reason as his Self-Sustenance

The Empress
Empress' swipe can harm Hat Kid even if she slows down time and runs away from her after attacking her, and no this isn't only limited to mods, you can hit her, and then slow down time in the vanilla game to run away from her and she'll still be able to hit you:

Time Pieces
Teleportation as Mustache Girl teleports around during her fight

Time Travel as Conductor was going to use the piece to return back to the one year before he lost his trophy:

Technology Manipulation/Energy Manipulation Time Pieces are a fuel for Hat Kid's ship that restore energy to shut off parts of her ship:

Darkness Manipulation as they create shadow lines that attack and harm their opponent:

Forcefield Creation as Mustache Girl made a forcefield around herself:

Energy Projection:

Light Manipulation, the Time Piece appearing removed all the darkness from Snatcher's realm:

That's about it, lemme know if i missed anything important

Last edited:
Oh forgot to mention in the post, if dweller's mask grabs across dimensions gets accepted would that give it Interdimensional range?

all of these seem good. universal range should probably be labeled as via mirror badge.
@ giver
i'd say that that would work.

Thank you for the evaluation.

I can notify other staff members that helped out previously, if somebody reminds me who they are.

I'm unsure about social influencing
What's the reason for being unsure about it? She turns people that were originally out to kill her into people supporting her as she runs away from the final battle and beg her not to leave at the end of the game and even makes it where Snatcher has her sign a contract that has him win nothing. From what I understand that's generally considered social influencing.

Last edited:
What's the reason for being unsure about it? She turns people that were originally out to kill her into people supporting her as she runs away from the final battle and beg her not to leave at the end of the game and even makes it where Snatcher has her sign a contract that has him win nothing. From what I understand that's generally considered social influencing.
This seems like a good point.

@DarkDragonMedeus what do you think?

Alright, I requested it. Let's hope it gets picked up, calced, and evaluated in a considerable amount of time.

My prediction of the final product? I'd say the feat would be in the tier 8 category. 8-C+ or maybe even High 8-C altogether.

Well, the problem stems from a question. Do we know how Hat Kid converts all those people such as via motivational speeches? Simply inspiring people passively or making a bunch of people have a change of heart after seeing you in action aren't really enough to be considered Social Influencing based on what I heard from others. Especially if it's more so just them realizing they'd prefer the good guy wins when they saw how scary the bad guy is.

I'm not expert on the ability, just asking because I recall other staff members say it needs to be via active methods.

actually i'm pretty sure hat kid doesn't do anything to convince them, i'd say the reason they encouraged her is because she's the only one who can use the time pieces to revert the world.

Well, the problem stems from a question. Do we know how Hat Kid converts all those people such as via motivational speeches? Simply inspiring people passively or making a bunch of people have a change of heart after seeing you in action aren't really enough to be considered Social Influencing based on what I heard from others. Especially if it's more so just them realizing they'd prefer the good guy wins when they saw how scary the bad guy is.

I'm not expert on the ability, just asking because I recall other staff members say it needs to be via active methods.
From what I remember you can get this ability via just your personality alone, characters like Tanjirou have it just because of the "innocence of his eyes".

actually i'm pretty sure hat kid doesn't do anything to convince them, i'd say the reason they encouraged her is because she's the only one who can use the time pieces to revert the world.
That'd be out of character for all of them and the text said originally that you bailing on them would make them extremely mad + the final scene of the game has nothing to do with saving the world and reverting the world yet they still beg her not to leave. Also she isn't the only one who can use the time pieces, Conductor legitimately said he was going to use them to travel back in time to get back his lost trophy before Hat Kid stopped him.

Well not entirely certain who our primary social influencing expert is, but might be a good idea to ask them.

I do not know either. Sorry.

Do you have any suggestions for staff members who might know?

That'd be out of character for all of them and the text said originally that you bailing on them would make them extremely mad + the final scene of the game has nothing to do with saving the world and reverting the world yet they still beg her not to leave. Also she isn't the only one who can use the time pieces, Conductor legitimately said he was going to use them to travel back in time to get back his lost trophy before Hat Kid stopped him.
yeah, it wouldn't be in character for them before hat kid defeated them. they were all beaten easily (or their boss was for the mafia goons), effectively humbling them (as seen from conductor being slightly remorseful and also not killing her in ch. 6) and they had no reason to attack hat kid at that time because she didn't have any time pieces on her. the only person who this could apply to is snatcher + the other fodders and even then none of them can use the time pieces. they beg her not to leave because she literally just saved all of them from being stuck in the lava hellscape for the rest of their lives. that statement means nothing, all conductor knows is that the time pieces can manipulate time, and he never shows himself using them, he just assumes baselessly that it's easy.

yeah, it wouldn't be in character for them before hat kid defeated them. they were all beaten easily (or their boss was for the mafia goons), effectively humbling them (as seen from conductor being slightly remorseful and also not killing her in ch. 6) and they had no reason to attack hat kid at that time because she didn't have any time pieces on her. the only person who this could apply to is snatcher + the other fodders and even then none of them can use the time pieces. they beg her not to leave because she literally just saved all of them from being stuck in the lava hellscape for the rest of their lives. that statement means nothing, all conductor knows is that the time pieces can manipulate time, and he never shows himself using them, he just assumes baselessly that it's easy.
Conductor is the only dude slightly remorseful everyone else doesn't show a true character change. Snatcher definitely doesn't. If anything this would further support her social influencing as they become good upon losing/being defeated by her which in a logical setting makes no sense. The most "saving" she did was reseting time for her own purposes because she doesn't want the time pieces to be misused this translates with her on her diary with how she feels about the main bosses. Also huge no to your Conductor point it is pretty clear what the game and narrative is intending to push, the Conductor obviously knows how to use it as Mustache Girl who has literally just learned about the time pieces were capable of using them. Even if your argument was right it still supports my point on social influencing so idk what you're trying to argue exactly.

Can somebody summarise the arguments for and against that Hat Kid has Social Influencing please?
So far the biggest issue seems to be that the main bosses like her now from the scene I showed which I don't exactly know how that debunks the social influencing. The main thing needed right now is the person who made the page or someone knowledgeable on social influencing to explain if it can be done through regular personality

As far as I understand, it can be done via personality, but has to be truly extraordinary, not just regular social skills.

Conductor is the only dude slightly remorseful everyone else doesn't show a true character change. Snatcher definitely doesn't. If anything this would further support her social influencing as they become good upon losing/being defeated by her which in a logical setting makes no sense. The most "saving" she did was reseting time for her own purposes because she doesn't want the time pieces to be misused this translates with her on her diary with how she feels about the main bosses. Also huge no to your Conductor point it is pretty clear what the game and narrative is intending to push, the Conductor obviously knows how to use it as Mustache Girl who has literally just learned about the time pieces were capable of using them. Even if your argument was right it still supports my point on social influencing so idk what you're trying to argue exactly.
no, it doesn't, if someone was beaten in a fight where they set themselves up to have an advantage (conductor had the express owls chasing hat kid+spotlights, mafia boss had sand bags+mafia goons), then they wouldn't be coming back for more any time soon. the only exception is mafia boss who repeatedly says that he'd kill hat kid if he had a body, which can be written off as him being overly confident/a hothead, plus he was turned into a jar rather than merely KOd. again this only applies to snatcher because he wasn't really beaten at any point. she saved them by reverting the entire world to before mustache girl had turned it into lava, she was never forced to do that, all she had to do was leave with the time pieces. only hat kid and mustache girl have used the time pieces on a planetary scale, plus her knowing how to use them like that could be explained by her having more time to research/learn how to use the time pieces than conductor. she did say that she was gonna collect all the time pieces for herself, and she did reach DBS before hat kid, so she could have gotten time pieces before hat kid. i'm saying that this instance isn't useable as a social influencing feat.

however, making snatcher give her soul and a time piece back would probably work.

i, personally, think social influencing is fine using the reasoning from snatcher, but we should probably wait for more input.

Social Influencing should work, but it would be far lower than the likes of Frisk (which imo is the best example of this). Only Snatcher feat would truly qualify (maybe Conductor's too), and it would be the equivalent of a "baseline" social influencing.

Okay. Thank you for the evaluation. That is probably fine then.

Was gonna write a reply to Rexor but since Social influencing is accepted don't see a need to, I'm currently not on a laptop or computer and will have difficulty getting on one can someone put the changes onto the profiles?

Is somebody else here willing to handle it?

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back