• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A depressed janitor vs the strongest man to have ever existed

It's not NLF if fear is an "effect" on the body, and his profile says it redirects all "effects". It's using common sense. Yoiu can say it doesn't redirect effects, but at the end of the day it's on his damn profile. You need to make a CRT.

Than please explain why his depression is not reflected? And again, all effects is nlf. A profile can say it can bypass durability, but that doesn't mean it can hurt 1-As because it bypasses their durability

Because depression is a mental illness? You wouldn't be able to see it reflected? I guess it would just make a person sad while they're under his influence, but you wouldn't be able to tell. Also, adrenaline > depression so you really wouldn't be able to notice. It's why it's reccomended to run or go for a jog.

Fear is an physical effect, HtH re-manifests all physical effects.

Hormones are a physical thing. Reflecting the effects of physical things is consistently demonstrated by this stand. That's not NLFy.

Wokistan said:
Hormones are a physical thing. Reflecting the effects of physical things is consistently demonstrated by this stand. That's not NLFy.
Depression is also physical. And it is caused by hormones as well.

No, the kind of depression thunder has makes him suicidal, which is obviously not true for the characters affected by HtH. And thunder himself was alright with dieing despite the adrenaline, so the same should be true for others.

Depression is subjective to each person, when TMQ is depressed he feels the need to escape via suicide, when I'm depressed I feel the need to work out and shit. Just because TMQ is suicidal and depressed doesn't mean everyone who it's reflected onto has to be depressed and suicidal. Nice try tho

Sadness actually is subjective lol

Ricsi-viragosi said:
By that logic feeling sad is subjective, and king reacts in a "fake it if you can't make it" when afraid
Uhhh... yeah sure? End of the day this is still inconclusive. TMQ gets paralyzed by fear, second ability dictates that King literally cannot move either and he is afraid as well, they both stand there in an infinte feedback loop so long as TMQ stays paralyzed by fear.

Then you two seem to be in agreement. Depression's a little different. There's a subjective aspect as to what reactions it will evoke, and there can be depression for reasons other than chemical imbalances in the brain, but that physical component is a big part. Is the argument that TMQ is reflecting his own depression on to King? That seems strange.

It's an argument that reflecting fear would not paralyze king, as he reacts differently to fear.

And it makes people give up and turn themselfs in, the paralyzis only lasts a few seconds

I mean, its still inconclusive if King runs away.

He doesn't really do that, well, not unless faced with monsters.

He simply tries to argue the other into submission while acting cool

Yeah he's saying it doesn't reflect hormones because it would have reflected TMQ's depression onto others in JoJo... which we have no way of telling since depression is subjective and doesn't have to affect your actions.

If TMQ is suicidal of course he'll stay if he thinks King is the fastest way to die... and if King doesn't do anything then he'll eventually realize that King won't do shit to him, so he'll probably just walk away and drown himself, drowning King as well.

King's reputation only gets him so far, if King hadn't run away against every opponent they would have killed him.

King's reputation only gets him so far, if King hadn't run away against every opponent they would have killed him.

And you are arguing that everything below is wrong:

King has fear paralysed(in a sense) the monster association's heavy hitters at once and made them second guess themselves. They included Kuroi Seishi, Homeless Emperor, Evil Natural Water and Gums. He routinely fear paralyses wrongdoers of varying power levels without effort. Notably, Evil Natural Water and Gums are mindless enemies lacking intelligence, but they still got stalled by the Engine. TMQ should be affected.

He has genuine fear manipulation as far as anyone who knows about him

No because he it's not him causing the fear, it's his reputation. No fear maniupulation, just fear induction via reputation. In the case of ENW and Gums, well they heard his heart racing and they stopped out of instinct.

Putting King in most versus battles will have him lose, why? Because it's still a fight to the death. Eventually after enough in-action with nobody to come back King up, someone's going to take a swing at him and he's going to die. He always has backup to take care of the job before things ever escalate to that point. Not in this fight though.

My other points still relevant.

Yeah, which is why iit works againt ones that know him.

That is far from true. It is not to the death, there are several other methods to kill, and the characters are overall in-character

He has been shown to stare oponents down into submission. And him being suicidal does not make him unable to feel fear.

I have been asked to clarify something about McQueen's abilities

McQueen's position sharing only works based on the restriction of his movements, not on them in general. If McQueen suspends himself, then you also get suspended. If He gets trapped, then you get trapped. But if he holds still, then the enemy will not be held still. Make sense?

Things like emotion will not be shared, however, other mind hax and pain may be shared depending on what they are

that is all.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Yeah, which is why iit works againt ones that know him.
That is far from true. It is not to the death, there are several other methods to kill, and the characters are overall in-character

He has been shown to stare oponents down into submission. And him being suicidal does not make him unable to feel fear.
It is a fight to the death, you can just win via other ways. SBA is both characters want to murder each other, TMQ is just so suicidal that he tries to kill himself first.

The reason King can stare people down is because it's essentially just stalling. Sooner or later, one of three things will happen, the enemy will eventually say "**** it" and attack, King will eventually say "**** it" and make an excuse/run away, or King will stall them long enough to the point where an additional hero (like Saitama) can come in and save the day, doing work on his "behalf".

Let's put TMQ into those scenario's. In the first one, TMQ's suicidal tendencies would override him wanting to attack King, but after a while of being stared at, he'll eventually say "**** it" and go drown himself or something, resulting in an inconclusive. King making an excuse and running away is a forefeit, so it'd result in a a win for TMQ. There's nobody coming to back King up, so option three is instantly disregarded. Therefore, the only valid answers to this fight are either TMQ wins, or inconclusive. King can not win this.

Personally I think this is inconclusive.

unless king can walk away and tmq is still paralyzed by fear, no.

its a mutual incap, both of them are standing still doing nothing.

You're right, I vote inconclusive

edit: with these "Victory Conditions: Killing the opponent, removing the opponent from the battlefield for at least one week (BFR), knocking the opponent out for at least one hour, or incapacitating the opponent by putting him in a state in which he can not harm the other fighter(s) for over a day, are to be assumed as victory conditions." unable to be fulfilled

I would give the edge to my favorite suicidal janitor though haha

@Asuka I don't know if there are any valid ways for king to win looking at the win conditions, and the reasons above don't elaborate on that. Can you?

DragonEmperor23 said:
King's fear manip would be reflected back him via HtH resulting in incon
Iapitus The Impaler said:
I have been asked to clarify something about McQueen's abilities
McQueen's position sharing only works based on the restriction of his movements, not on them in general. If McQueen suspends himself, then you also get suspended. If He gets trapped, then you get trapped. But if he holds still, then the enemy will not be held still. Make sense?

Things like emotion will not be shared, however, other mind hax and pain may be shared depending on what they are

that is all.

I mean King can't really scare Thunder into not killing himself. Thunder is suicidal so if he saw someone really scary then he would try to get into a fight with that person so he could kill Thunder.

Back