• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A DBZ calc

Status
Not open for further replies.

Antoniofer

VS Battles
Retired
So the way that this calculatio were done seems a little weird: first, is calculing like the entire planet is moving in one direction at that speed, however, the mass of that planet were dispersed in an volume of 16*10^21 m^3 (according to the calc itself) and great part of the matter were reduced to dust or atomized (you can see how a great volume of matter remain in the center); and second, not as problematic as the first one, but the size of the planet Vegeta weren't never stated, so that could change significally the speed of the calc.

I ask for this since this method weren't never used here, and even if it was, it seems questionable, so, can someone take a look and see is this method is viable, and if there other calcs that use it too?

Personally, this method doesn't seems accurate at all, but I would prefer to wait for the Calculators and see what they think about it. If we not use this method, better to use the GBE equation, but the result would varie according to the radious used, that is unknown.

If we use GBE, what would the result be. (Also, I know for a fact that a few admins would not like having to rescale the DBZ characters again)

I know I checked over that or a similar calc for the same feat in the past and there was a big discussion regarding that and scaling and stuff with a bunch of staff members... Lets see if I can find it...

The new GBE would be determined by the equation: 3*R^3*g^2/(5*G), using the radious of some planets:

• Smallest planet radious: R = 2 255 334 m ==> GBE = 993.1*10^30 J = 237.36 Zettatons
  • Earth sized: GBE = 22.38*10^33 J = 5.35 Yottatons
  • Biggest planet radious: R = 145 467 342 m ==> GBE = 266.5*10^36 J = 63.7*10^3 Yotta

DontTalk said:
Here is one, though I think there was another one before that one.
That happened when that calc were corrected, but only the time frame and other details, the same method were used. I was in there tho, but didn't take a look at the calc enough time (maybe cuz were a little unexperienced here)

I'd like to highlight this, but I don't want some people putting bias in. I personally can't tell if it's legit or not, but I trust the calc group. If it isn't legit, use GBE and I'll help decide scaling but I can't help determine.

So, when should be a good moment for highlight? maybe I as worried as you for that, but don't think that wait or pm any member would be the better idea...

Antoniofer said:
The new GBE would be determined by the equation: 3*R^3*g^2/(5*G), using the radious of some planets:
  • Smallest planet radious: R = 2 255 334 m ==> GBE = 993.1*10^30 J = 237.36 Zettatons
  • Earth sized: GBE = 22.38*10^33 J = 5.35 Yottatons
  • Biggest planet radious: R = 145 467 342 m ==> GBE = 266.5*10^36 J = 63.7*10^3 Yotta
Oh, so now the GBE of the Earth is Large/Multi-Planet level or what?

See the equation, now I'm using the gravity of planet Vegeta (98.1 m/s^2), the GBE of the planet Vegeta (assuming that has the Earth radious) is 100 times bigger than Earth's

The gravity is 10 times bigger, so, with relation with the equation grom above: (10*9.81)^2 = 100*9.81^2; in conclusion: x times bigger gravity, x^2 times bigger GBE.

Back to 5-A again huh, dbz lower tiering has proven to be a pain seriously how many times have we revised their stats now.

AidenBrooks999 said:
Well... At least something is sure

SPC is 4-B
That for sure, he has the solid statement; but now, if no one has nothing to say or there's no other calc that should be revised, we should proceed to discuss in what Tier should we put the other characters, should we made a thread a part or this still work?

The real cal howard said:
About that...that heavily relies on High 5-A Base Frieza... 5-A has a GINORMOUS gap...
Heavily?

Really? Not. AT ALL.

Just a little bit, just to proof that PL still bull****.

Antoniofer said:
That for sure, he has the solid statement; but now, if no one has nothing to say or there's no other calc that should be revised, we should proceed to discuss in what Tier should we put the other characters, should we made a thread a part or this still work?
i could make one.

Pretty sure reescale wouldn't be a total trouble, the biggest trouble would be to edit all the profiles.

Again, I wouldn't mind. I'm doing nothing tonight. Also, my bad about Fan's blog. Haven't seen it in a long while.

The real cal howard said:
Again, I wouldn't mind. I'm doing nothing tonight. Also, my bad about Fan's blog. Haven't seen it in a long while.
It's ok.

I mostly suggested to do it by myself cause...

Well, as a non-content moderator, I can really make any... relevant changes.

Saikou The Lewd King said:
Well that may get rid of those goddamn Low 4-C, 4-C and High 4-C rating, but not 4-B DBZ I'm afraid.
Not necessarily since we might be able to abuse the Kaioken and back track from Cell.

Don't know if we can retroactively scale like that.

Also, maybe we should move this again to Staff Discussion, even though I would like CP, Fan, and Saik to continue to respond.

Antoniofer said:
Again, it using the same method of calculating like the entire planet is moving in one direction, when most of the mass has been reduced to dust and the entire mass has been dissiped in all that space.
Less in one directon, than with the same velocity actually. The current version we are using is a low end based on the expansion velocity of the remaning gas, I believe. That in itself is already a good bit of a lowball, since it doesn't include the a lot faster moving solid parts that were catapulted outwards.

All in all I can say that I still have no problems with the current version.

Cell is still 4-B, the Boo saga has a trillion universal statements and only one planetary feat which is inconsistent. This actually works to my advantage as the calc proving Cell is 4-B way back actually works. Power in DB always fluctuates, nothing is inconsistent with 4-B cell, but it is with 4-C Freeza.

I just realized we are around the 1 year anniversary of Cell being 4-B.

@DontTalk, even if it correct to sum any KE of any of those planets fragments, the result would be far less since all those part are just a fragment of that planet, how we can see a great part of the planet matter remain in the center of the explosion; would be more safer to just use the GBE of find any other calc that is using a more common physic

SomebodyData said:
Just to summarize, whats wrong with the calc?
Is using the KE of the entire mass of the planet moving at the speed of it fragments, when most of the mass were reduced to just dust or atomized, also, this doesn't seems to be an accurate method; but we still discussing about it, before re-scale anything, just to make sure

Wait...

So its not even calcing the explosion? Just the KE of the entire planet's fragments?

Something about this seems... off. Perhaps the calc was misunderstood? I find it hard to believe we accepted it under such a blatantly wrong premise.

EDIT: Oh...

We did huh...

The main problem with scaling comes with... Cell.

The thing is that SPC couldn't much more than twice stronger than Perfect Cell

And if Frieza got downgraded to 5-A, the power gaps would become inmense

Welp, is only 1rt form Frieza that would got the 5-A, I think that 100% Frieza would be Low 4-C... at most, 4-C the Android 16, 17 and 18 along with Imperfect Cell and the Saiyans, anyone that is above 16 or 2nd form Cell would be High 4-C

Yeah, but, that's between "seasons", not between to continous arcs. Even with 4 years of training, we can't have such a massive gap

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back