• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Creepy Lookalike (Rai Batenkaitos vs Sucy Manbavaran)

Is there really anything Sucy can do in this situation? Kind of just seems like she gets countered hard at every turn.

Is there really anything Sucy can do in this situation? Kind of just seems like she gets countered hard at every turn.
Actually I have a question I wanted to ask. How do the elemental shields work? Is it a flat number or percentage based and does it go up to 100%?

Also I was kinda worried to bring this up as I couldn't find it in the profile but couldn't Sucy just transmute those wind blades into less harmful objects? I recall it can be used in the form of a wave but I'm not sure if it's something everyone can do

Actually I have a question I wanted to ask. How do the elemental shields work? Is it a flat number or percentage based and does it go up to 100%?
Percentage based.
Also I was kinda worried to bring this up as I couldn't find it in the profile but couldn't Sucy just transmute those wind blades into less harmful objects? I recall it can be used in the form of a wave but I'm not sure if it's something everyone can do
She cannot transmute wind blades, and the wave needs to make physical contact with something for it to work.

Just in case, do you have the game or did you figure everything out with playthroughs?

Also is the teleportation spell exclusive to Akko or is it something everyone can do?
Playthroughs.

Also it’s an Akko exclusive.
Currently for Rai, it's the wind blades though I'm trying to figure out ways around it

For Sucy, it's petrification or transmutation
Btw, Petrification can only be activated as a side effect of landing an earth attack which is easier said than done against this opponent. Even then, there’s still a chance it might not give the status ailment.

Possible wincons foe Sucy that haven't been brought up yet:
Power Nullification (Can inflict the Silence status)
Putting aside the fact that it is a chance type thing, what does it do?
Rz characters can fight with their mind and senses cut off on instinct alone. Sleep manip wont stop him
Ley powernulls
od is boththe mind and soul so she would need to be able to move the mind as well and we cant really verse equalize that
Ley resists extreme temps
Attack Reflection (Due to attacks like Sandstorm being able to redirect and deflect projectiles. Via this)
Yhat is specifically for projectiles
Probability Manipulation (Can increase her chances of landing and evading critical hits with various accessories)
Supernatural Luck (With the Emerald Charm)
doesnt have that in this fight
Too vague to amount to anything

Sucy has like zero wincons, why is this considered a valid match? 😭
Can you please stop that?! Every time there's a MU where you're involved the moment your character loses you immediately claim it's a stomp
See I was gonna tell you to delete this because you're apparently in no way knowledgeable or even read the scans and I don't want to have to debate this again but here we go....

Can you please stop that?! Every time there's a MU where you're involved the moment your character loses you immediately claim it's a stomp
Because the characters involved are usually either skill or hax gods? Sucy legitimately has no way to win here and it’s just common sense not to have it be considered a fair matchup.

Ley powernulls
Doesn't he do that with his hands? Against a black hole?
Actually we've discussed this before. The bigger problem is that Rai just summons the blades way too close to Sucy which is the part where I gave up. Honestly if I just gone on, I'd say the tornado-like properties of sandstorm combined with how it's summoned would seem to still work on most wind-based attacks

And did you look at the scan? I saw one of the girls deflect an attack from the boss to the boss.
My mind is split on this arguement lol. I agree with this and the rest of your arguements in your reply. Tho, the same thing can be applied to the other arguements since I barely seen feats of Rai's verse.

Putting aside the fact that it is a chance type thing, what does it do?

Rz characters can fight with their mind and senses cut off on instinct alone. Sleep manip wont stop him

Ley powernulls

od is boththe mind and soul so she would need to be able to move the mind as well and we cant really verse equalize that

Ley resists extreme temps

doesnt have that in this fight

I'm pretty sure that prevents Rai from casting spells.

So Re Zero warriors can Sleep Walk(Fight)?

Ok that covers Fire/Burn) and Ice(Freeze) and maybe Lightning(but I don't think it prevents Shock though), but not Slow or Petrify. It also doesn't cover Matter Manipulation and Life force/Magic absorbtion either.

Fair enoug, but wouldn't an AOE spell be able to blow away the wind blades since their just invisible?

I see, alright then just ignore the last three.

Doesn't he do that with his hands? Against a black hole?

Actually we've discussed this before. The bigger problem is that Rai just summons the blades way too close to Sucy which is the part where I gave up. Honestly if I just gone on, I'd say the tornado-like properties of sandstorm combined with how it's summoned would seem to still work on most wind-based attacks
yin magic also has black hole creation and apparently he can powernnull all magic with his hands so yeah he can do that
(worth mentioning that the black hole was created just for it get cut apart, ReZero truly want to fodderize black holes 😭 )

I'm pretty sure that prevents Rai from casting spells.
eh well not that big of a deal considering he is a martial artist, plus the chance of landing also matters and he could just dodge with leaper
So Re Zero warriors can Sleep Walk(Fight)?
they dont need their mind or senses to target your vitals and attack you, yeah
Ok that covers Fire/Burn) and Ice(Freeze) and maybe Lightning(but I don't think it prevents Shock though), but not Slow or Petrify. It also doesn't cover Matter Manipulation and Life force/Magic absorbtion either.
btw he should be able to powernull these
Fair enoug, but wouldn't an AOE spell be able to blow away the wind blades since their just invisible?
they are also intangible and technically just normal air and only hurt you when you come into contact with them

yin magic also has black hole creation and he can null it too bbg
No I'm not questioning if he can null it, I'm questioning the safety of it because getting into melee range with a black hole seems extremely dangerous
yeah and he manipulates any air at any point, even if you change the air he can still cause you to be cut when you move there after it
What?! So nothing you can do will ever get rid of those things?!

No I'm not questioning if he can null it, I'm questioning the safety of it because getting into melee range with a black hole seems extremely dangerous
He can powernull it with his hands so that shouldnt be an issue
What?! So nothing you can do will ever get rid of those things?!
Void manipulation or turning the area around her to vaccum would work

Void manipulation or turning
Oh... So like a black hole?

Also I'm really getting suspicious of this. Can you give me some scans for the wind blades? Mostly about how they can be used this way and why they're so hard to get rid of?
He can powernull it with his hands so that shouldnt be an issue
Y'know what, I'm just gonna ask for some scans of Re:Zero characters powernulling a black hole at melee range

Back