• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A Creepy Lookalike (Rai Batenkaitos vs Sucy Manbavaran)

Peppersalt43

They/Them
The Archbishop of Gluttony : 7
The Creepy Little Witch : 0
Incon : 0

Sucy has access to all her potions, Strange Notebook, and the Judgement Rod
Sucy has 5 minutes of prep time
Speed equalized
Starting distance is 100 meters
Warlock Rai used

While searching through Re:Zero for some usable characters because apparently not all of them are insane haxlords like Regulus, I came across Rai. His picture instantly reminded me of Sucy (And while her profile doesn't show it, she does indeed have sharp teeth in some scenes) and so in an impulsive gamble (And need for more LWA matches), I have decided to make this

Last edited:
This looks like it could work
So, assuming she figures out his authority she wont speak her name and may even give a wrong name to incapacitate Ley
He could also just think of her as not being much and might not go to eat her altogether
He massively outskills but his buffs will be negated by her debuffs so they are useless
How would she deal with teleportation + dura neg btw?

your link doesn't work
and Rai's ESP seems to be rather unspecific so maybe Illusion may work.
Ley can still fight on instinct as Elsa can fight with all of her senses cut off and her mind floating in a void
She also has a tendency to use poison gas while being resistant to it herself
yeah thats a wincon
Also she does have Resistance to Dura Neg in the magic section
His dura neg is physically striking at your organs which isnt magic

I mean he still could just close his nose, it would be pretty easy for him to sense that the air around you is malicious/dangerous
The justification does say it kills on-contact and during its uses, it did activate immediately upon touching its target

Also about the forcefield?

Just realized that Sucy does have homing attack though I'm going to assume Rai has a skill feat to deal with that

The justification does say it kills on-contact and during its uses, it did activate immediately upon touching its target
That would be death Manipulation, if its a gas type poison i am assuming it needs to be smelled and causes instant death if that happens
Also about the forcefield?
Isnt that for preventing magic? Otherwise he can just powernull it
Just realized that Sucy does have homing attack though I'm going to assume Rai has a skill feat to deal with that
He dodged the homing Meteor so yeah he does

he just dodges or catches it easily-
It shatters on impact. She doesn't have to specifically throw it at him
He will sense the intent and stop breathing🗿
OK wait a minute all this time he's been figuring this out with his ESP? I thought that's just for killing intent, it works like precog too?

And as I said, it works on contact, not on inhalation

It shatters on impact. She doesn't have to specifically throw it at him
Then he just teleports
OK wait a minute all this time he's been figuring this out with his ESP? I thought that's just for killing intent, it works like precog too?
Yeah its on his profile, even an untrained Emilia could dodge stuff via reading people's Intent
in his case he can also sense hostility
And as I said, it works on contact, not on inhalation
correct me if i am wrong but isnt poison the stuff that needs to be circulated in the system for it to have any effect?

Then he just teleports
I mean currently we're discussing whether or not Rai can land his dura-negging melee so if he has to avoid the gas, that's already an advantage that I've been gunning for
Yeah its on his profile, even an untrained Emilia could dodge stuff via reading people's Intent
in his case he can also sense hostility
How does that even work? Hostility doesn't tell how someone is gonna harm you, it just tells that someone's gonna harm you. Honestly you should probably list that as precog on your next verse upgrade
correct me if i am wrong but isnt poison the stuff that needs to be circulated in the system for it to have any effect?
Yeah, some poisons can be absorbed through the skin, that's what I've been talking about

I mean currently we're discussing whether or not Rai can land his dura-negging melee so if he has to avoid the gas, that's already an advantage that I've been gunning for
True, how much of these can she spam and how much is her stamina?
How does that even work? Hostility doesn't tell how someone is gonna harm you, it just tells that someone's gonna harm you. Honestly you should probably list that as precog on your next verse upgrade
Precognition (Superior to Emilia, who could dodge a rain of arrows by reading the shooters intent[8].
It has been listen as precog on some profiles and on others its under Analytical Prediction.
Well both are precogs so thats fine
Yeah, some poisons can be absorbed through the skin, that's what I've been talking about
Makes sense

I mean, there is the feat of spending hours outdoors in a Finnish winter
Even average humans can do that.
In a particular scene, her friends basically take all of her potions with Akko in particular carrying all of them and Sucy shouldn't be too far off. It's in the 1:15 mark

Thats like 30?
Ley can just have her waste all of her potions then

Ley can just have her waste all of her potions then
Keep in-mind that poison gas does tend to linger so it should last a good while

Also uh, maybe at this point we should actually start talking about what Rai can do when he's not trying to melee his opponent?

Keep in-mind that poison gas does tend to linger so it should last a good while
He can just run away for a bit and hang out then come back when he senses the gas going away
Also uh, maybe at this point we should actually start talking about what Rai can do when he's not trying to melee his opponent?
Well his magic isnt worķing but could he overpower the barrier with enough hits?
He could also throw stuff at her but thats kind of ooc however he is smart enough to do smth like that
I think his current wincon of outlasting her is the most likely one, he COULD predict all of her moves and then teleport behind her and before she can move, dura neg her dealing huge damage and then leaving because he is an opportunitistic bastard who doesn't take any chances

Well his magic isnt worķing but could he overpower the barrier with enough hits?
Wait, what barrier? I thought Rai can't get close due to the poison
I think his current wincon of outlasting her is the most likely one
He can just run away for a bit and hang out then come back when he senses the gas going away
Ah yeah about that. Sucy actually has empathic via her taunt (Makes enemies target her out of anger or something) and it's straight up empathic manip, it works on animals and mindless creatures. Not sure if it makes this worse or not

Wait, what barrier? I thought Rai can't get close due to the poison
He has magic and his AP is higher, so he can just spam attacks from a distance till her barrier breaks or smth
Ah yeah about that. Sucy actually has empathic via her taunt (Makes enemies target her out of anger or something) and it's straight up empathic manip, it works on animals and mindless creatures. Not sure if it makes this worse or not
He resists Empathic Manipulation of Sirius and The witches
The witch's miasma also causes mabeasts to go hog wild so they are comparable

He resists Empathic Manipulation of Sirius and The witches
The witch's miasma also causes mabeasts to go hog wild so they are comparable
Huh, that's odd. Maybe you should change that as he's only currently listed to resist fear
He has magic and his AP is higher, so he can just spam attacks from a distance till her barrier breaks or smth
Ah finally

So Sucy has attack reflection (Via Sandstorm oddly enough) and magic absorption (Which has an AoE like this). Also she can likely get around the AP disadvantage via various stat amps and some dura-negging spells (Like petrification and sleep manip)

Last edited:
Huh, that's odd. Maybe you should change that as he's only currently listed to resist fear
Ah yeah its listed under madness manipulation
Madness Manipulation (Type 3; Witch Factor holders are unaffected by Witch's Miasma that drives people mad)
Ah finally

So Sucy has attack reflection (Via Sandstorm oddly enough)
huh, she is a game character???
Yeah that would deflect most of his direct magic attacks however stuff like his intagible layered invisible wind blades would still work which wouĺd restrict her movement and due to the massive AP gap and slicing properties would cause parts of her to be sliced to pieces

For example, he sets up those wind jails around her then teleports to behind her to hit her with his dura neg. Then she would proceed to try and throw the potion/posion bottle but her hand would strike the blades and cause it to be lopped off
and magic absorption (Which has an AoE like this).
Link doesn't work
Also she can likely get around the AP disadvantage via various stat amps and some dura-negging spells (Like petrification and sleep manip)
Whats the range of her petrification? he probably resists sleep manipulation though
Oh and also if they are spells then Ley can straight up powernull them with his bare hands
Stat amps are great and all but he can amp himself as well and the AP difference is almost 3x

Last edited:
Huh, and how quick does he resort to that?
He uses it often enough that its one of his first moves after the opening teleport + fist of the palm king gg tactic
That's actually what I was asking. Y'know, like how stands have +1 intangibility due to ghosts not being able to touch them
Oh you mean how they got it?
Well the intag is due to the fact that the attack is literally just stand still air,
the invisiblity layering comes from the fact that Ley and Ram who upscale from Julius who can block attacks he can't sense on instinct, Elsa can attack her opponents vitals while all of her senses have been cut off etc.
Ram can straight up dodge invisible balls in a tight corridor yet neither of them could sense it and kept on using it on each other

Well, Sucy does have NPI
It can turn itself into regular air so regular NPI probablybdoesnt work + he can just switch it to some other place
Also I just realized you said those are wind-blades. Is that just in name or is that straight up Air Manip? Because she does resist damage from air manipulation
It is air manipulation but it would be kind of NLF to say that she just ignores the slashing damage that is 3x her AP due to having a resistance to the general element

Also even though i said that he waves his arm to do it, he actually can do it mid combat without Ram even realizing it so it wouldn't really be weird if Sucy gets caught off guard and gets caught off guard

It can turn itself into regular air so regular NPI probably doesn't work + he can just switch it to some other place
But that's the thing, Sucy's attack reflection is via sandstorm which as I've shown in the scan, does protect from all directions and being a tornado would probably do well against other wind-based attacks
It is air manipulation but it would be kind of NLF to say that she just ignores the slashing damage that is 3x her AP due to having a resistance
Is 3x really that big of an AP gap? I remember 5x was when it was getting to one-shot territory if it hits the right place. Plus wasn't piercing damage the one that increases damage?

But that's the thing, Sucy's attack reflection is via sandstorm which as I've shown in the scan, does protect from all directions and being a tornado would probably do well against other wind-based attacks
He can spawn it directly on her, like right below her neck
Is 3x really that big of an AP gap? I remember 5x was when it was getting to one-shot territory if it hits the right place. Plus wasn't piercing damage the one that increases damage?
Slashing and piercing both have limited dura neg/damage increase

Back