• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A couple of Good Boi's fight to the death - Izuku Midoriya vs Kenichi Shirahama

Highly accredited mixed martial artists with advanced training in Karate, Muay Thai, Chinese Kenpo, Ju-Jitsu, Kōsaka Style, and Fürinji Style, so well trained that he can compete with other disciples who have been training their whole lives and even a few low level (emphasis on low) masters, despite only having a year or 2 of training.

He has a pretty good control over his ki, which specializes in hiding his intention to fight, and let's him focusing on sensing his environment, and then releases it quickly in response to danger.

He can use his sei ki to enhance his senses to set up a field around his body or skin tight that, when an attacker enters it, he can divert and block their attacks. Though, if someone with greater speed, skill or ki comes at him, it's effectiveness will suffer slightly.

He can also "flex" his ki to the point where some have confused him for a master. He can even increase his reflexes and get stronger if his life control is strong enough.

That's a summer up version of his skill set.

And the ball is rolling

And you should totally read History's Strongest Disciple if you can, really fun read with some pretty cool characters. Oh, and awesome martial arts manga

Izuku relies on studying his opponents and waiting for a good opportunity to attack which will result in the fight stretching out a bit, This is relevant because it allows Kenichi to fight at his best when the battle goes on for too long ,

Kenichi has experience in dealing with attacks much faster than his own, so speed equal will benefit him more than Izuku,

This is without even getting into the massive difference in combat ability between the two.

So yeah, my vote goes to Kenichi.

>Sees Kenichi thread

I H A V E B E E N S U M M O N E D

>Using a guy who can create explosions out of his hands from long distance against a guy who only has martial arts

Vote counted

By the way how good is the Anime relative to the Manga?

Only watched part of the anime, but it was meh from what I remember. The OVAs were pretty good, but only covered a few chapters after the Ryuto battle, and they never make it to the island tournament arc

Oh.

I've only watched the Anime. And a little bit of it at that.

Yeah I only watched a small part of the anime, and all of the OVA's, tho imo, the OVA's had better animation, which made the fights much more fluid.

I've read 3/4 of the manga tho. Really fun read with some pretty cool characters, a little heavy on the fan service, but besides that, pretty good art. Solid 8/10 from what I've read so far

>A little heavy on the fan service

I don't think you know what 'little' means.

That's a necro bud

Plus, these guys have shifted tiers so much I don't even think a match between them is possible anymore.

Back