• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

Izuku Midoriya (Deku) Vs. Kai the Collector

Izuku Midoriya (Deku) Vs. Kai the Collector

• Fight Location: Jaku City
  • Battle Music
  • Starting Distance: 50 Meters
  • Final Act Arc 30% Deku will be used
  • Win by death, KO, or Incap
  • Speed Equal
  • Both in Character
Deku:
200w.webp

Kai:
kung-fu-panda.gif

Inconclusive:

Kai has the advantage in close-combat, as he's fought on-par with Oogway, the creator of Kung Fu and one of the greatest fighters in the series, not to mention he was capable of defeating several masters of kung fu by himself. I think that Kai also has the advantage in LS, since his rock moving feat is 4.6x10^7 kg, while Deku upscales from 2.9x10^6 kg, I believe, meaning that Kai could just restrain him using his chains. While Deku's extremely high stamina is often one of his deciding factors in his fights, here it's not gonna do him any good because as a spirit, Kai's stamina is limitless, so he can easily outlast Deku in a fight. Kai's long chain blades can be used as long-distance weapons as well which he could throw at Deku. Kai also has Type 2 immortality, meaning he can just continue fighting even with life-threatening injuries.

Deku's advantages here are his Danger Sense coupled with his analytical prediction, which could allow him to better evade Kai's movements. He could use Smokescreen to make it harder for Kai to track him and let Deku land a few surprise attacks. Deku has greater maneuverability thanks to Blackwhip and Float, which would allow him to fly above the city and snipe Kai with Air Force. He can increase the force of his attacks using Fa Jin, and combine it with Blackwhip to create a powerful slingshot attack.

Overall, I think I've gotta give this one to Kai. His greater AP and LS, limitless stamina, weapons and mastery of kung fu is better than Deku's advantages, and I think eventually Deku would just be worn out.

A couple things I do wonder. Can Kai use his Jombies, since they often appear on his belt as small figurines, cuz if he can, that just gives Kai an even bigger advantage. Also, can Kai just absorb Deku's power? Or does it not apply to Deku due to being from a different world? Even if it did, I wonder if Deku would resist it because of OFA's resistance to being stolen, as well as the wills of the other users now backing him up?

Kai has the advantage in close-combat, as he's fought on-par with Oogway, the creator of Kung Fu and one of the greatest fighters in the series, not to mention he was capable of defeating several masters of kung fu by himself. I think that Kai also has the advantage in LS, since his rock moving feat is 4.6x10^7 kg, while Deku upscales from 2.9x10^6 kg, I believe, meaning that Kai could just restrain him using his chains. While Deku's extremely high stamina is often one of his deciding factors in his fights, here it's not gonna do him any good because as a spirit, Kai's stamina is limitless, so he can easily outlast Deku in a fight. Kai's long chain blades can be used as long-distance weapons as well which he could throw at Deku. Kai also has Type 2 immortality, meaning he can just continue fighting even with life-threatening injuries.

Deku's advantages here are his Danger Sense coupled with his analytical prediction, which could allow him to better evade Kai's movements. He could use Smokescreen to make it harder for Kai to track him and let Deku land a few surprise attacks. Deku has greater maneuverability thanks to Blackwhip and Float, which would allow him to fly above the city and snipe Kai with Air Force. He can increase the force of his attacks using Fa Jin, and combine it with Blackwhip to create a powerful slingshot attack.

Overall, I think I've gotta give this one to Kai. His greater AP and LS, limitless stamina, weapons and mastery of kung fu is better than Deku's advantages, and I think eventually Deku would just be worn out.
A couple things I do wonder. Can Kai use his Jombies, since they often appear on his belt as small figurines, cuz if he can, that just gives Kai an even bigger advantage. Also, can Kai just absorb Deku's power? Or does it not apply to Deku due to being from a different world? Even if it did, I wonder if Deku would resist it because of OFA's resistance to being stolen, as well as the wills of the other users now backing him up?
I don't see it listed as his equipment, so I guess not

I don't see it listed as his equipment, so I guess not
Kai would 100% be able to use his Jade zombies, he has the abilities that are gained from them listed like Summoning and Telepathy, them not being listed in his "standard equipment" could just be a minor error of the profile

Kai doesn't absorb the users power, he absorbs their Chi which turns them into a Jade emblem that he can use in combat as a Jombie at the cost of the Chi he gains from them, so yah Deku can have his Chi absorbed but not his actual Quirk

I don’t think that really will be something that happens. Because unless this fight takes Months to conclude, Deku will keep on going.

And how will Kai counter his Kilometers of OFA range, if he gets one hit off and Deku knows he has no chance in CQC, he will back off and start fighting From a range. And with Analytical prediction which lets him dodge 6 homing attacks from a master sniper under heavy rainfall while tired, damaged, and which were all faster than him, Kai can’t really stop him from leaving and taking the fight from a range

(Also Cisco Deku’s 30% LS follows similar logic to Ryukyu and Nejire’s LS & AP (who he scales to) here:
aka 3.333 x 3230 tons)

His afterimages and true flight are also massive issues for Kai, giving him an unprecedented mobility advantage and meaning Kai isn’t hitting him if he doesn’t want him to
and Kai’s list of abilities is tiny compared to Deku’s.
Smokescreen prevents Kai from seeing him at all while danger sense still lets Deku know of any attacks, Fa-Jin is an amp which will Keep letting Deku outspeed and out muscle Kai at multiple points.
Float again let’s Deku have more mobility.
Blackwhip is a wonderful tool for all around just everything.
you get the point I’m going with here.
also the mountain+ dura mid gauntlets and High 7-A dura Iron soles but that’s just a quich thing

Last edited:
Kai would 100% be able to use his Jade zombies, he has the abilities that are gained from them listed like Summoning and Telepathy, them not being listed in his "standard equipment" could just be a minor error of the profile

Kai doesn't absorb the users power, he absorbs their Chi which turns them into a Jade emblem that he can use in combat as a Jombie at the cost of the Chi he gains from them, so yah Deku can have his Chi absorbed but not his actual Quirk
I don’t think that effects Deku, this might be a similar case to Naruto threads where if a character isn’t stated to have spiritual like energy (Chi, Chakra, Ki etc) then it won’t work

Kai's long chain blades can be used as long-distance weapons as well which he could throw at Deku.
Cisco I don’t know how to tell you but dozens of meters isn’t as long as kilometers (meant to be a joke)
Kai also has Type 2 immortality, meaning he can just continue fighting even with life-threatening injuries.
And the solution is just to hit harder, Like AM did against the USJ Nomu

I don’t think that effects Deku, this might be a similar case to Naruto threads where if a character isn’t stated to have spiritual like energy (Chi, Chakra, Ki etc) then it won’t work
SBA says otherwise "Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen."
Deku has Chi cause of Verse Equalization so that Kai can use his techniques
Cisco I don’t know how to tell you but dozens of meters isn’t as long as kilometers (meant to be a joke)

And the solution is just to hit harder, Like AM did against the USJ Nomu
Deku has greater range, true on that part.

All Might had to break his 100% limit against the USJ Nomu to even get past the Shock absorption and durability, Deku's only real way of hitting harder is Fa Jin other then that he's left with the gap being 2x in favor of Kai alongside Immortality type 2, limitless Stamina, and being just as skilled as Deku means actually harming Kai is gonna be a a pain to do

Kai is gonna have just as hard a time hitting Deku thanks to his Precog + analytical prediction and overally greater mobility thanks to Flight but Kai has dealt with opponents who can Fly like Crane which he made up for with his Chains being able to wrap around the opponent

other then that Kai should take this pretty easily with the AP and Durability advantage, Immortality type 2 + Limitless Stamina making him way harder to take down, LS meaning that Kai just needs one of his jade chains to wrap around Deku and its gameover since Kai well start to absorb his Chi and transform him into a Jade emblem just as he did with Oogway, being just as skilled if not far superior due to matching Oogway the literal creator of Kung Fu for several eons in the spirit world and easily defeating several kung fu masters like nothing. his only real problem here is going to be hitting Deku which could be troublesome but once he gets close or gets a chain around him its basically game over

SBA says otherwise "Verse equalization: Similar supernatural aspects of verses get equalized in a reasonable fashion. So a supernatural energy that almost everyone in a Verse has, which is necessary to fight the characters of said Verse, will be assumed to be the equivalent energy that the opponents use in their techniques so that a proper fight can happen."
Deku has Chi cause of Verse Equalization so that Kai can use his techniques

Deku has greater range, true on that part.

All Might had to break his 100% limit against the USJ Nomu to even get past the Shock absorption and durability, Deku's only real way of hitting harder is Fa Jin other then that he's left with the gap being 2x in favor of Kai alongside Immortality type 2, limitless Stamina, and being just as skilled as Deku means actually harming Kai is gonna be a a pain to do

Kai is gonna have just as hard a time hitting Deku thanks to his Precog + analytical prediction and overally greater mobility thanks to Flight but Kai has dealt with opponents who can Fly like Crane which he made up for with his Chains being able to wrap around the opponent

other then that Kai should take this pretty easily with the AP and Durability advantage, Immortality type 2 + Limitless Stamina making him way harder to take down, LS meaning that Kai just needs one of his jade chains to wrap around Deku and its gameover since Kai well start to absorb his Chi and transform him into a Jade emblem just as he did with Oogway, being just as skilled if not far superior due to matching Oogway the literal creator of Kung Fu for several eons in the spirit world and easily defeating several kung fu masters like nothing. his only real problem here is going to be hitting Deku which could be troublesome but once he gets close or gets a chain around him its basically game over
No, that's not how Verse Equalization works. It doesn't give the character who doesn’t have it the energy his opponent has.

oh then thats my fault, if you dont mine me asking how does it work?
It essentially means Ki Shit that requires Ki to work would work just as well on something like Chakra since they're basically identical to each other. What it doesn't do is make shit like Chakra and Haki equivalent to each other because Chakra is a Life-force Style energy while Haki is some weird ass Abstract Willpower Energy. Same goes for Quirks, they're not even any of the above, they're just a biological/genetic ability that has some strange subset of a soul to itself.

Difference being crane went in for Melee, Deku realizes he isn’t beating Kai in melee? He’s never going back in

It essentially means Ki Shit that requires Ki to work would work just as well on something like Chakra since they're basically identical to each other. What it doesn't do is make shit like Chakra and Haki equivalent to each other because Chakra is a Life-force Style energy while Haki is some weird ass Abstract Willpower Energy. Same goes for Quirks, they're not even any of the above, they're just a biological/genetic ability that has some strange subset of a soul to itself.
so would Kai still be able to transmute Deku which he does through absorbing Chi

Difference being crane went in for Melee, Deku realizes he isn’t beating Kai in melee? He’s never going back in
Crane went melee and immediately tried to retreat after seeing Crane was turned into a Jade emblem, if Deku goes CQ first then tried to retreat Kai isn't gonna let it happen and try to restrain him with his chains the moment he tried

Crane went melee and immediately tried to retreat after seeing Crane was turned into a Jade emblem, if Deku goes CQ first then tried to retreat Kai isn't gonna let it happen and try to restrain him with his chains the moment he tried
And Deku’s analytical prediction+smokescreen makes it nearly impossible to grab him.
Kai can’t see him, nor can he really grab someone who can track 6 homing attacks all faster than him.

Also the distance is 50 meters, so Kai’s gonna be shot with dozens of air bullet’s wearing him down before the fight even starts

And Deku’s analytical prediction+smokescreen makes it nearly impossible to grab him.
Kai can’t see him, nor can he really grab someone who can track 6 homing attacks all faster than him.
then how does either actually put the other down? Kai lacks any actual way of hitting Deku cause of Precog+analytical prediction+smokescreen but Deku doesnt have any ways of meaningfully harming Kai cause of greater durability+Limitless Stamina+immortality type 2, if this comes down to a stamina battle then Kai wins thanks to limitless to superhuman which is a boring way of winning but its something or just restraining Deku which is unlikely but something that could happen

Also the distance is 50 meters, so Kai’s gonna be shot with dozens of air bullet’s wearing him down before the fight even starts
wearing Kai down? immortality type 2, greater durability, limitless stamina, and the fact Air Pressure is supposedly weaker then his actual punches means Kai is gonna laugh these off like nothing, and kai could always just yknow dodge these attacks with his greater skill in combat/experience and mobility with chains.

then how does either actually put the other down? Kai lacks any actual way of hitting Deku cause of Precog+analytical prediction+smokescreen but Deku doesnt have any ways of meaningfully harming Kai cause of greater durability+Limitless Stamina+immortality type 2, if this comes down to a stamina battle then Kai wins thanks to limitless to superhuman which is a boring way of winning but its something or just restraining Deku which is unlikely but something that could happen
A stamina battle in which a Deku who scales far above 5.8 KT with a Way of storing energy from his movement and attacks to fire later is continually shooting him with attacks which will damage and bring him down.
Just because he has type 2 doesn’t mean he isn’t able to go down, 1. His immortality is stated to come from being immune to age & disease, nothing about damage, 2. It’s directly stated that they have ”Different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed”.
wearing Kai down? immortality type 2, greater durability, limitless stamina, and the fact Air Pressure is supposedly weaker then his actual punches means Kai is gonna laugh these off like nothing, and kai could always just yknow dodge these attacks with his greater skill in combat/experience and mobility with chains.
The 5.8 KT IS the air pressure attack potency, his 30% is just far superior to 20% who’s air pressure and physical attacks both scale to baseline 5.8 KT. Also I do want to see him dodge kilometers worth of attacks, sounds fun.
Also apologies but Kai ain’t no spirit warrior anymore (unless he Died again before being killed in the spirit realm), so no his stamina isn’t limitless

A stamina battle in which a Deku who scales far above 5.8 KT with a Way of storing energy from his movement and attacks to fire later is continually shooting him with attacks which will damage and bring him down.
Just because he has type 2 doesn’t mean he isn’t able to go down, 1. His immortality is stated to come from being immune to age & disease, nothing about damage, 2. It’s directly stated that they have ”Different levels of effectiveness and can be bypassed”.

The 5.8 KT IS the air pressure attack potency, his 30% is just far superior to 20% who’s air pressure and physical attacks both scale to baseline 5.8 KT. Also I do want to see him dodge kilometers worth of attacks, sounds fun
alright then how does Kai win then? if his immortality isn't that good and Deku can just range spam then what can Kai exactly do? he lacks Range to hit Izuku and can just get ranged spammed like no tomorrow

alright then how does Kai win then? if his immortality isn't that good and Deku can just range spam then what can Kai exactly do? he lacks Range to hit Izuku and can just get ranged spammed like no tomorrow
Don’t ask me, I didn’t make the match.
i think his win con is to try and get into melee range, but I’m not sure

No, it’s stated on his profile he has Type 1 and 2 Immortality. Type 2 immortality is the resilient immortality which allows the user to continue living even when taking grievous damage. So yea, I don’t see how Deku’s gonna be able to wittle away his stamina with weaker attacks. It’s like Android 17 vs Piccolo: even though Piccolo could hold his own against the android, he would eventually lose because 17 wasn’t being worn down at all.

No, it’s stated on his profile he has Type 1 and 2 Immortality. Type 2 immortality is the resilient immortality which allows the user to continue living even when taking grievous damage. So yea, I don’t see how Deku’s gonna be able to wittle away his stamina with weaker attacks. It’s like Android 17 vs Piccolo: even though Piccolo could hold his own against the android, he would eventually lose because 17 wasn’t being worn down at all.
Then show me where it states his type 2 comes from being able to take a whole lot of damage.
And also the part where it states that type 2 can be overcome by different circumstances like hitting it hard

Don’t ask me, I didn’t make the match.
i think his win con is to try and get into melee range, but I’m not sure
then Kai doesn't exactly have a win-con. getting up-close is so unlikely to happen cause Deku way better mobility with flight and insane range advantage alongside a plethora of ways to escape means Kai is never gonna get in to melee for long or get in to do anything meaningful

then Kai doesn't exactly have a win-con. getting up-close is so unlikely to happen cause Deku way better mobility with flight and insane range advantage alongside a plethora of ways to escape means Kai is never gonna get in to melee for long or get in to do anything meaningful
Yeah that’s what I mean.
or we can say it’s Incon cause the two can’t kill each other very well (joking)

And has Fa Jin been shown to be capable of increasing the AP of the user more than twice? Maybe if he's at 100%, but I don't see Fa Jin giving him such a tremendous advantage. I also don't see how Fa Jin can translate into increasing the power of Air Force. Will Kai just let himself be sniped for so long either? I still don't see Deku finishing Kai off with a strong enough attack to end him, because that's what it'll take to bring him down.

And has Fa Jin been shown to be capable of increasing the AP of the user more than twice? Maybe if he's at 100%, but I don't see Fa Jin giving him such a tremendous advantage. I also don't see how Fa Jin can translate into increasing the power of Air Force. Will Kai just let himself be sniped for so long either? I still don't see Deku finishing Kai off with a strong enough attack to end him, because that's what it'll take to bring him down.
What can he do to stop Deku from shooting him.
and again, type 2 can be brought down with enough time, effort, and hits.
and also yes,he can do a fa-Jin + black move to hit Kai. Made him go from 45% to 100% before, so take that as you will

Let me put it like this, Frieza has Type 2 Immortality that let's him survive as literal chunks of himself, including his head being cut into several pieces and he could get winded by Goku punching him in the gut so hard that he coughed up blood and struggled to move for a few seconds after that.

Let me put it like this, Frieza has Type 2 Immortality that let's him survive as literal chunks of himself, including his head being cut into several pieces and he could get winded by Goku punching him in the gut so hard that he coughed up blood and struggled to move for a few seconds after that.
Yeah, because frieza’s type 2 is incredibly good.
notice the part of that section where it said they had “different levels of effectiveness”

Back