• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a controversial question.

And yet a jump with less than a thousanth the travel capacity of that is able to travel to any point in the world very casually. Such a gigantic river existing is even more of an inconsistency.

There are many contradicting things in it, going from tens of miles being a major distance to them being a casual stroll in the park. And no, it wouldn't, nothing even implies earth is anywhere near that.
first of all, wukong said only with a leap he could travel 36000 miles but you missed the point. That's only his causal leap and that is without him being serious. see the difference? So if Wukong used all his powers into that one leap...OF COURSE it would be much greater than 36000 miles!!!

“Yes, yes,” the Buddha replied, and he stretched out his right hand, which seemed to be about the size of a lotus leaf. Putting away his As-You-Will cudgel, the Great Sage summoned up all his divine powers, jumped into the palm of the Buddha’s hand, and said, “I’m off.” Watch him as he goes like a streak of light and disappears completely. The Buddha, who was watching him with his wise eyes, saw the Monkey King whirling forward like a windmill and not stopping until he saw five flesh-pink pillars topped by dark vapou

see that leap which allowed him to cross the entirety of creation required him to use up all his divine powers.

hol up, why no one told me about this.

but anyway straight to the point as void said. the earth in JTTW is seemingly larger than ours and as well would top ergenverse's star sized planets by a looooooooonnnnnnnggg shot.
Lol, no. Even ignoring the extremely inconsistent sizes, the 3 million mile river statement doesn't really tell us anything about how large it is in relation to the planet anyway.

And 3 million miles is garbage tier for a Xianxia planet.

going from tens of miles being a major distance to them being a casual stroll in the park.
i'd really like to see the context for this and the other inconsistencies, this feels like one of those "character can move at lightspeed but failed to saved there friend who got shot or killed in time" inconsistency types potrayed in basically any medium if you pick and choose, but i havent read it so idk maybe the author really is out of touch.

Look, what I said should still simply hold.

Make a different thread where every quote is presented, and it can be taken there to see whether they hold up or not for the profile to be made. Getting every notable quote from the Journey is a monumental task - well, a time consuming one - so I'd prefer to keep arguments for when that actually happens.

If anybody does do it, just write me up and I'll check it out on my free time.

Look, what I said should still simply hold.

Make a different thread where every quote is presented, and it can be taken there to see whether they hold up or not for the profile to be made. Getting every notable quote from the Journey is a monumental task - well, a time consuming one - so I'd prefer to keep arguments for when that actually happens.

If anybody does do it, just write me up and I'll check it out on my free time.
understood then

Just to clarify on one thing, can't we just make a profile for his Buddhahood key and deal with his Pre-Buddhahood key at a later time? since his Buddhahood form only has one rating used and isn't much of a hassle like the former.

lol np it was a weird thing to ask in hindsight if you dropped me a paragraph of the context why. i probably wouldn't have read it on the spot or today.
With "what I said" I was referring to "another thread with gathered quotes". The argument we're having now I addressed later in that comment, saying that I'd prefer to do it once I know someone actually went through the work to do what's needed for the profile.

Just to clarify on one thing, can't we just make a profile for his Buddhahood key and deal with his Pre-Buddhahood key at a later time? since his Buddhahood form only has one rating used and isn't much of a hassle like the former.
No..? He doesn't lose his powers to have them replaced with being a Buddha, he'd still need to have everything pre-buddhahood indexed in the Buddha key.

Should do as Ricsi said and make a new thread/blog with the statements/feats to address them. I shall mention it now if it is like in the last few threads where the quotes weren't organized, quoted, bolded, or something to distinguish them and to make an easy to follow/read then don't even bother because it will confuse people and create situations where nothing make sense and one person will talk about one thing, another about something else, etc. Take your time, organize them by categories or powers given or in a way so that it backs your arguments. It doesn't matter how much it takes but it matters to have a more organized argument/blog.

I actually intend on buying a copy of JTTW, so I could make such a thing if needed.

Although I think we would have to note which edition is being used for english translation.

Should do as Ricsi said and make a new thread/blog with the statements/feats to address them. I shall mention it now if it is like in the last few threads where the quotes weren't organized, quoted, bolded, or something to distinguish them and to make an easy to follow/read then don't even bother because it will confuse people and create situations where nothing make sense and one person will talk about one thing, another about something else, etc. Take your time, organize them by categories or powers given or in a way so that it backs your arguments. It doesn't matter how much it takes but it matters to have a more organized argument/blog.
alright then.

I actually intend on buying a copy of JTTW, so I could make such a thing if needed.

Although I think we would have to note which edition is being used for english translation.
Thank you for helping out.

You mean at least and not very likely at that. First, they have to get the book, then they have to read the notably long book, meanwhile, they have to comb it for feats which makes reading it even longer, then they have to analyse the feats, then they have to sort the CRT out. All the while doing other things on top of it, being one of the most in-demand users of the site and having their off-site life on top of that.

Yes, it is better if we try to be realistic here.

Back