• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

a controversial question.

If one were to arrange feats for him, sure, it can be done.

Of course, the feats would need to be from the story itself, not any other religion you're scaling to. There is for exemple a mountain that in religion is larger than stars, but in the Journey is less than ten miles tall.

Last edited:
And the two that made the profile I was correcting said they would rather it be deleted than "downplayed" so badly.
I mean we could just ignore them. It doesn't matter as long as it is perfectly okay and under the jurisdiction of the wiki anyway. also I hear that there were more people saying that the profile was wanked rather than downplayed who said the transduality thing wasn't legit.

Last edited:
the profile shouldn't be quarantined just because several users on this wiki isn't kin on what the profile is like right now, in fact the definite article is already modified to the point where there are no faults to begin with, so why must we remove it just because a few people didn't like it in the first place.

as someone whos watched multiple variations of the journey to the west series, what was downplayed? im reading the profile and it looks good
Not being 1-A/Low 1-C, mostly.

Anyway, I would be fine with it being made, though the references for the Low 2-C would need to be grabbed for then.

Not being 1-A/Low 1-C, mostly.

Anyway, I would be fine with it being made, though the references for the Low 2-C would need to be grabbed for then.
pretty sure no one is planning a 1A wukong......well the game adaption of the wukong I am working on does have a 1A rating for being superior to a being that governs a space that exists above every existing dimension but still, 1C seems abit iffy yes, but low 2C is probably the best choice.

pretty sure no one is planning a 1A wukong......
Not anymore...
well the game adaption of the wukong I am working on does have a 1A rating for being superior to a being that governs a space that exists above every existing dimension but still,
Game adaptations would be different, so I won't judge on that.
1C seems abit iffy yes, but low 2C is probably the best choice.
Yeah, though I would need to check if it is actually Low 2-C instead of just standard universe.

Because if its the latter, we have no idea how big Journey to the West's physical universe is.

I mean they did mention that Time does exists and they had surpassed it. so wouldn't it justify a four dimensional universe?

That's like the simplest arguement to a 4D standard universe that anyone could think of.

From what I remember of the several pages-long revision, the profile was deleted because the Buddha form was impossible to rate with precision.

Take my words with a grain of salt, as I might misremember something, but most of the rating fell down on interpretation based on existing concepts related to religion, philosophy, mysticism and else, as cosmology and power were left vague by the author himself, whose actual position and ideas are impossible to determine with accuracy.

From what I remember of the several pages-long revision, the profile was deleted because the Buddha form was impossible to rate with precision.

Take my words with a grain of salt, as I might misremember something, but most of the rating fell down on interpretation based on existing concepts related to religion, philosophy, mysticism and else, as cosmology and power were left vague by the author himself, whose actual position and ideas are impossible to determine with accuracy.
Let me ask a more reasonable question, who were the progenitors of SUn wukong's profile anyway? like the main supporters

If one were to arrange feats for him, sure, it can be done.

Of course, the feats would need to be from the story itself, not any other religion you're scaling to. There is for exemple a mountain that in religion is larger than stars, but in the Journey is less than ten miles tall.

This is correct as far as I am aware.

Let me ask a more reasonable question, who were the progenitors of SUn wukong's profile anyway? like the main supporters
I don't know for sure, you should ask people that participated in threads like these.

I also believe @Zaratthustra is quite informed and knowledgeable on the matter.

So couldn't we just use @Ricsi-viragosi 's Wukong test profile? as it is by far the most relevant, reliant and overall the most accurate profile for the monkey king by an electro college landslide.
You should make a separate thread in the form of an actual and proper CRT.

I don't know for sure, you should ask people that participated in threads like these.

I also believe @Zaratthustra is quite informed and knowledgeable on the matter.

You should make a separate thread in the form of an actual and proper CRT.
I checked the ones that participated and I seem to find that one of them actually has made a blog post profile of the formless one or Vairocana. I'll just make a CRT tomorrow that will define the very definite article of the monkey king. through the will of the public

So couldn't we just use @Ricsi-viragosi 's Wukong test profile? as it is by far the most relevant, reliant and overall the most accurate profile for the monkey king by an electro college landslide.
The problem was that the ratings aren't really rock-solid even then, as most all characters use flowery language in abundance (Wukong claims to have an infinite transformation, literally two sentences later he states he has 72). Even Buddha is prone to exaggeration (claims Wukong will be sent to hell, then that he will be imprisoned for the duration of the kalpa - but instead he only stays there for a while) and Buddha also "didn't dare" to refuse an invitation from the Jade Emperor.

There are things like Buddha specifically telling Wukong to get off his palm with a single somersault, which then reaches the pillars of the universe despite it covering "only" thirty−six thousand miles (stated at the very point where Wukong chose to jump off of the palm).

Wukong was still afraid of the band squeezing his head and had to ask for it to be removed and destroyed. Becoming a Buddha is less of a power up and more of a station that he got promoted to... ("The Tang Priest and his disciples were then told to step forward and be given their jobs.""All that was begun has now been completed and you too will be rewarded with high office as the Victorious Fighting Buddha").

I mean, by feats only Buddha would only be 5-A for his palm being thirty−six thousand miles wide and him turning it over... a rather big contrast to Low 2-C.

The problem was that the ratings aren't really rock-solid even then, as most all characters use flowery language in abundance (Wukong claims to have an infinite transformation, literally two sentences later he states he has 72). Even Buddha is prone to exaggeration (claims Wukong will be sent to hell, then that he will be imprisoned for the duration of the kalpa - but instead he only stays there for a while) and Buddha also "didn't dare" to refuse an invitation from the Jade Emperor.

There are things like Buddha specifically telling Wukong to get off his palm with a single somersault, which then reaches the pillars of the universe despite it covering "only" thirty−six thousand miles (stated at the very point where Wukong chose to jump off of the palm).

Wukong was still afraid of the band squeezing his head and had to ask for it to be removed and destroyed. Becoming a Buddha is less of a power up and more of a station that he got promoted to... ("The Tang Priest and his disciples were then told to step forward and be given their jobs.""All that was begun has now been completed and you too will be rewarded with high office as the Victorious Fighting Buddha").

I mean, by feats only Buddha would only be 5-A for his palm being thirty−six thousand miles wide and him turning it over... a rather big contrast to Low 2-C.
yeah flowery language is a bit of a problem when it comes to classic chinese literature, but however we could still decipher some of its archives....just not all of them. and as for the fact of wukong getting afraid of a band, that band was still an item given by Buddha, so it isn't really a counter feat and for all the times he got defeated by many demons weaker than himself, it's just logical to assume he got significantly depowered and weakened and rusty from the imprisonment by buddha.

Okay, this has been done many times - most likely cause people don't know of the previous threads and the like but it can be searched, and as I see the last CRT thread was posted so it can be seen why the profile was deleted and the like. So, I will put it shortly, Profile can be made for him but with actual feats/statements and not those that are flowery language as long the sandbox/blog for the character will be posted in a thread before so users can evaluate the quotes posted. Then the reason it was decided that the profile to be deleted and the CRT to be rejected in the previous Thread is that people didn't want to have a Wukong profile with what we accepted as it didn't work well with the power-level system we have on wiki as its verse doesn't conform well with the modern description of things and concepts.

If the profile can be made with just sources from the novel then it's good but not when sources/concepts, etc that rely on material from outside of it as it will make it fall under the mythology category which is a no.

Basically, if the profile will be made it will be a lot weaker than you expect (the reason that made people accepted its deletion) as most statements fall under flowery language and concepts that don't work with the wiki system meaning they will be rejected.

That is also correct as far as I know, yes.

Imo a verse having flowery language shouldn't be a reason to not have it.
If we can't tell the difference between what's flowery and what isn't then we wouldn't be an index site.

Bruh, I watched a video that says he's the strongest non omnipotent dude in fiction (which is clearly bullshit but whatever) and he ends up 5-B? Does he have any notable hax?
Well, Buddhas never really fight all out, so hard to say just how many of his abilities are appliable to battle.

Still, being able to make millions of clones is pretty neat, and Mid regen plus all his immortalities make him hard to beat.

Well, Buddhas never really fight all out, so hard to say just how many of his abilities are appliable to battle.

Still, being able to make millions of clones is pretty neat, and Mid regen plus all his immortalities make him hard to beat.
Does he have a profile I can read? AnD cAn He BEaT GoKU tHo?

Back