• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A completely different yet related issue to the OPM FTL calc below/above

Golden_Void

VS Battles
Retired
Original feat

I forgot my Wiki account details, so I'm not making a blog.
----

The calculation assumes uniform speed over the entire timeframe.
This calc doesn't intend to provide a solution but to illustrate a problem.

The best way to visualize it is by measuring the density of the cross-section of they fight they provide us.

From 0.0000 - 0.0001 seconds (0.0001 seconds), there are 16 lines. 16L/0.0001s
From 0.0001 to 0.0007 (0.0006 seconds) there are 60 lines. 10L/0.0001s
From 0.0007 to 0.0011 seconds (0.0003 seconds) there are 191 lines. 63.66666L/0.0001s
From 0.0011 to 0.0013 seconds (0.0002 seconds), that massive wall of OP's numbers...the computer says there's 3525 numbers.

3525 - 267 (minimum) = 3258 lines. 1634L/0.0001s.

Then you divide everything by 2.

According to that giant wall of numbers, the average line pixel length in the constellation is 43.2px. The 191-line panel alone is 1.01c. Most of the measurable work done is in the 3rd timeframe, with the most lines per timeframe.

The glaring flaws with both calcs​

The first flaw with this is that you can't see all the other lines from these zoomed-in shots. If we were to get a zoomed-out show for each panel in the left scan, these numbers could go either way, depending on the line density.

The second flaw is that I assume each frame is a unique set of lines (which is possible but can't be proven), which would require me to subtract the running total from the next amount of lines. This would be more accurate, but still subject to the issue of the first flaw. However, given the narrative that they were both constantly accelerating, I personally don't have much of an issue with this, as it displays what we are told.

The biggest flaw is I assume the total number of lines made subtracted by the few lines we can see is the amount of lines that were made in the last timeframe, which has the above two flaws.

The issue with the original calculation is that it measures the lines as being the sole creation of Garou and PS while also including the original lines of the structure, which had FF's contributions. The timeframe started after FF exited the fight, but his lines remained.

3000+ lines is unbelievable

Last edited:
It is assumed that Flashy's lights disappeared after be was defeated and that's why Garou and PS started creating more on that first panel, where you can visible see the lights were not as dense in the beginning but quickly started to become more and more dense with the following panels.

Also, even the panel itself says this: The lights, now just two, sped up even more", meaning we are only seeing the two lights from these two characters.

The original calc measures all the lines and use the whole timeframe on-screen, it's irrelevant how many lines were created during between those timeframes as you said yourself, the panels were zoomed in.

The only thing wrong with the original calc is what it uses to measure the lights, they should be using my calc instead.

Last edited:
It is assumed that Flashy's lights disappeared after be was defeated and that's why Garou and PS started creating more on that first panel, where you can visible see the lights were not as dense in the beginning but quickly started to become more and more dense with the following panels.

Also, even the panel itself says this: The lights, now just two, sped up even more", meaning we are only seeing the two lights from these two characters.
This does not preclude FF's lines from existing. Garou states it's just him and PS and two panels up on the same page; the lights from the previous fight still exist.
aHR0cHM6Ly8xcHVuY2gub25saW5lLw%3D%3D

The original calc measures all the lines and use the whole timeframe on-screen, it's irrelevant how many lines were created during between those timeframes as you said yourself, the panels were zoomed in.
It's relevant, but it's just not useful since we can't use it. The timeframes are clear indications of increased speed as the timeframe drew to a close. Garou at the beginning of that timeframe would be blitzed several times over by Garou at the end of it.
The only thing wrong with the original calc is what it uses to measure the lights, they should be using my calc instead.
I think an average of both is best. I think I see why you made that, and it's because the reference points are further from the reader than in this scan.

might be wrong about it but is the structure from flashy flash's fight still there to begin with?

that structure is stated to be both new and denser than the one from those three created, so logically it should be a different structure that doesn't include it.

what's the point of saying there are denser as well if the lines didn't even disappeared, they would be denser than before in any case.
More density = more speed = increased lines. The scan says nothing about an entirely new constellation. The continuation can be above/overlap the old one. It wouldn't make sense for FF's to disappear if they were going faster anyway.

Last edited:
Back