• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A "common misconceptions about the wiki" explanation page?

Well, part of the issue so far is we've only been catering to members up until this point. A FAQ can help a casual visitor become a member, which is honestly what we want. People who are able to join the wiki in a competent manner.

And yes, there will always be people who hate us no matter what we do, that much is true. But that's also true of every institution and object in human civilization, and all of those companies and institutions that are a part of that have realized that doesn't mean we can just ignore external relations.

I won't deny this because that's how it was for me. I first found the vsbattle while searching threads on google on a character vs character and stayed because is the most organised, easy to search look and comes with the best arguments on threads.

How Vs Battles applies tiers

Content revisions. That's pretty much stated on the front page, or was before it was reorganized.

We've always applied stats through CRTs with people showing feats, statements, scans and so on for why they believe characters should be tiered a certain way. However, it wouldn't hurt to make a small note somewhere regarding that practice, I don't mind.

Somehow though, people still believe that staff decide tiering. While this can't fix all problems, it would be a step in the right direction.

It just so happens that staff members are some of the more knowledgeable members in the community, heck that's one of the reasons they become staff in the first place, contributions.

Obviously knowledgeable status is not limited to staff. Some of our most knowledgeable members, like Agnaa, are not staff but very likely can become staff if they chose in the future.

There's also the ridiculous misconception that Ant decides the tiering when he literally doesn't. He offers input and keeps things organized, especially if people are acting up, but he doesn't just say "no or yes" and disapprove or approve a CRT. It's 2019 and people still believe that.

Yeah, it's ridiculous, but that doesn't mean we shouldn't try and prevent the misconception.

Antvasima said:
Also, OnePunchSaitama, please stop derailing.
I am derailing? I think so my previous comments abide with OP's intentions.

@SeraEx
I joined VS wiki in 18. Didn't find its metric very useful, especially with regards to those communities which i am already following. So yeah that was shocker. Even now it is, especially when details like how shape and structure can change the outcome of versus battle.There were also "attacks" which disregard "offensive power", "hardness", or whatever measures which are used on this wiki.

Anyhow what i am trying to point out is people are confused more easily when "details" are just ignored outright. There is a good chance that metrics which were simply thrown out in favor of rigorous tieiring might play an integral role in a particular universe.

Thing is, as long as certain people just hop right into a discussion they will get that impression regardless. I still remember the guy who ranted at the whole site for calling High 3-A Kirby an outlier based on the hyperbolic statement of "infinite power".

Anyway, I am, again, fine with a summarized page of sorts, though my better judgment is telling me otherwise.

Sera EX said:
Thing is, as long as certain people just hop right into a discussion they will get that impression regardless. I still remember the guy who ranted at the whole site for calling High 3-A Kirby an outlier based on the hyperbolic statement of "infinite power".

Anyway, I am, again, fine with a summarized page of sorts, though my better judgment is telling me otherwise.
As I said, we can't fix every issue at once, but this should just be a small step in making better external relations.

I know, I know, and I'm glad you came upfront with it. If people would just do this in general, they'd realize we are some of the nicest people in the entire vs debating world. The other places will cuss you out, call you names, and slander you till Kingdom Come. One of our first discussion rules is to be polite and considerate of others.

Sera does have a point in that our front page already provides a summary with links to our most important instruction pages. Perhaps this is unnecessary after all?

I don't believe so. It would be able to address more then what we have already, and wouldn't really cause any harm.

Sera EX said:
There's also the ridiculous misconception that Ant decides the tiering when he literally doesn't. He offers input and keeps things organized, especially if people are acting up, but he doesn't just say "no or yes" and disapprove or approve a CRT. It's 2019 and people still believe that.
This is true. My content revisions are usually shot down or do not go anywhere. I only put my foot down when there are wiki policy revisions that might be harmful or severely increase my already extreme workload.

Well, I suppose a misconception disclaimer isn't in the same category as general instructions. But Yobo made it clear this isn't about rumors. "Staff decide the stats", however, is indeed a rumor. A bad one at that.

Fair enough. I think that for the sake of trying yet again to open our arms to outsiders, it's worth a shot. But who's gonna write such a page ƒñö

And while we're at it, we should really try and come up with things that need to be on the page.

"That house"? Is that even English? o_O

Anyway, ye, a draft of what should be on the page would be in order first.

We have the already Welcome Message and have Informations link on the VS Battles Wiki page.

I do know some members or critic don't read the first message wall or the rules at all. I got to agree with Sera ad Kaltias's points here.

I feel like having a page that addresses all the shit talk and false rumors we get while trying to defend ourselves from them might not necessarily be the best to new users, especially those not even aware of them. But I guess overall I don't mind?

Saikou The Lewd King said:
I feel like having a page that addresses all the shit talk and false rumors we get while trying to defend ourselves from them might not necessarily be the best to new users, especially those not even aware of them. But I guess overall I don't mind?
That was addressed above. That isn't what we're doing in this page.

Sorry but what are we doing with page exactly? What would be the criteria for something being added into the list?

Anyway, does anyone have a issue with me drawing up a draft, or would anyone else like to do it?

Yobo Blue said:
Anyway, does anyone have a issue with me drawing up a draft, or would anyone else like to do it?
Why misconception, need to be mentioned, as this sound like a point that Sera and Kaltias' points explained why it is uneeded?

Why misconception, need to be mentioned, as this sound like a point that Sera and Kaltias' points explained why it is uneeded?

I'm really sorry Elizhaa, but I still don't understand what you mean.

Back