• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A bunch of Big Boi Feats for Dr. Doom.

Status
Not open for further replies.
So I've recently noticed and gathered a bunch of feats for Doom (my favorite comic villain, BAR NONE) that mostly orbit around the Tier-2 zone of power (most notably 2-A), albeit with at least half of them being with magic or prep. Still, I think that they all deserve to be looked at, so here goes:

Other feats I'd just like to add that don't apply to "main" Doom

Also, two of Doctor Doom's statements could mean a few characters get buffed:

1. Even after multiplying his armor's power reserves by a factor of ten, Doom still couldn't match Strange without using magic powers of his own. This means that Dr. Strange's High 6-C would be multiplied tenfold from Doctor Doom's normal High 6-C, and probably be a low 6-B.

2. Calls Ultron "powerful beyond measure", heavily implying that Ultron is even stronger than him. IMO quite the nice feat to add to Ultron's write-up.

So, to sum things up, I think Doctor Doom's "base" should be "High 6-C, up to 4-B, possibly 2-A with technology, magic, and preparation (since Doombots count as technology, and they only apply to his 4-B self so to make things simpler I'm just considering them "technology")

Thoughts?

Last edited:
If we’re doing this we’ll just ditch the 4-B altogether (it’s really wonky as is), and go “Up to 2-A, possibly Low 1-C” like Reed Richards’ file.

I’ll check the feats in a while, just posting this to follow it

If we’re doing this we’ll just ditch the 4-B altogether (it’s really wonky as is), and go “Up to 2-A, possibly Low 1-C” like Reed Richards’ file.

I’ll check the feats in a while, just posting this to follow it
I agree, except without the "possibly Low 1-C" part, since Reed only goes up to a 2-A on his page with prep, not to mention that normal Doom even with prep and magic only goes up to a 2-A himself.

Well, asides from him effortlessly absorbing Nightmare, who can go up to a Low 1-C

This feat's kinda wonky by this page alone, Galactus looks like he isn't even trying to resist, what's the follow-up page to this?
Other feats I'd just like to add that don't apply to "main" Doom
What if feats aren't usable.
Meh Strange can be far lower too in terms of durability
1. Even after multiplying his armor's power reserves by a factor of ten, Doom still couldn't match Strange without using magic powers of his own. This means that Dr. Strange's High 6-C would be multiplied tenfold from Doctor Doom's normal High 6-C, and probably be a low 6-B.
Not really, the way we list Strange is that his weakest offensive spells are High 6-C, which is true. His higher spells can be whatever
2. Calls Ultron "powerful beyond measure", heavily implying that Ultron is even stronger than him. IMO quite the nice feat to add to Ultron's write-up.
Meh this is too speculative to bother listing.

Rest are fine, but link exact issue numbers for these scans, as per wiki standard

This feat's kinda wonky by this page alone, Galactus looks like he isn't even trying to resist, what's the follow-up page to this?

What if feats aren't usable.

Meh Strange can be far lower too in terms of durability

Not really, the way we list Strange is that his weakest offensive spells are High 6-C, which is true. His higher spells can be whatever

Meh this is too speculative to bother listing.

Rest are fine, but link exact issue numbers for these scans, as per wiki standard
1. Ok you were right about that Galactus one, I checked and in the next panel he effortlessly breaks free. My mistake. Though if anything this is more of a feat for Galactus since those Bands are pretty high in power IIRC.

2. Ok, did not know that when I posted that what-if feat, my mistake. Ngl, it's still really cool.

3. True, but I just knew that he can also go up to 2-A/Low 1-C, so I thought that I should at least post it.

4. On his page, all it says is that at minimum he is a high 6-C, nothing about it being only with his weakest spells. This one could go either way IMO. It's not major to Strange's profile but I still think it's worth noting.

5. I can see that, but just the fact that Doom found Ultron powerful enough to make into a bodyguard speaks volumes about how much he views Ultron's power (since Doom is...well, a narcissist).

6. Lemme see what I can do:

7. Also, I found a few more potential feats for Doom:

's all fine, although I think you should probably wait for the Marvel Cosmology thread to resolve before applying this :v

Some of this lack sources, so that's needed.
  • (With what is either magic and/or prep IIRC): Makes Mephisto his b*tch. And this was in hell, where Mephisto goes up to a 2-A.
See here.

Also with how much Mephisto gets f*cked up in this own realm I easily find more likely that he can become up to 2-A there but isn't on that level just by being there 100% of the time, like when a super cat cut him to ribbons but then he quickly healed and became too much for his foe, overpowering it (Avengers West Coast Vol 2 52), or how Doom threw him an anti-matter bomb at him and he disappeared or something (maybe he got destroyed) and then he came back giant. I'm sure that with help this idea can be backed up.

Actually Mephisto's power should depend on how many souls he is in possession of at that time, so some inconsistencies aren't pis. But yeah, we should probably avoid scaling doom from him at all.

Typically Hell Lords don't vary in power so much under typical conditions so it's not an amping thing, at least I've never seen any kind of evidence pointing towards that.

1. Yeah, I agree that the thing with Doom beating up Mephisto via fisticuffs was not very reliable, especially with that weird context (and the fact that Mephisto was probably playing with him).

2. That said, he and Strange together still damaged Mephisto with their magic (even though they were in Hell, where Mephisto is far stronger) in another story (as I linked to above).

3. Him absorbing the powers of Nightmare, Hyperstorm, and the Rogue Watcher are pretty consistent with other absorption feats of his.

4. Him enduring attacks from the Mad Celestials (with preparation, of course) is an incredibly good feat that even by itself likely puts him at 2-A with technology and/or prep time. Seriously, even holding his own against 4 of those bad boys is a definitely 2-A feat for his technology/prep time abilities even with downscaling.

4.5. Besides, if Reed Richards with Prep Time is a 2-A, I see no reason for Doom (who with prep time has done similar stuff) to not be one as well.

5. Even though that Scarlet Witch statement isn't totally accurate, that (and him holding his own against Morgan Le Fay, who is >= Strange) show that his magic is most definitely comparable in power to Strange's. Hell, his magic might even be more powerful, just not as varied/skilled as Strange's.

To be quite fair, Reed genuinely has the highest feats out of most comic super-scientist, so saying Doom compares to Reed Richards face-value, is disingenuous, since every one of their conflict concludes with Reed triumphing over Doom intellectually.

It should be case by case imo, but eh. In any case, I am just using it as an example, I am not trying to change anything on his file rn.

Actually about that "Scarlet Witch" statement, considering that (from what I've read online in other sites recently) Doom apparently let Strange win on purpose so that Strange would owe him a favor, this only supports Doom's magic power being >= Strange's and being above Scarlet Witch's.

And we all know how monstrous Scarlet Witch can be.

And about Doom surviving a combined blast from 4 Mad Celestials for 28 minutes, do remember that a casual blast from just one of the normal Celestials (who are equal to the Mad Celestials) badly hurt the heavily buffed 2-A Destroyer Armor (which was WAY above Odin, as stated on its Vs battles profile), and 8 combined Celestials melted the Armor in one combined blast, and Doom held out against 4 Mad Celestials for 28 minutes, so were he to face the same combined blast that the Destroyer Armor did, he still would've probably held out for 14 minutes (since it's twice the combined firepower).

with 2-A feats, feats of matching herald tiers and counter feats of losing to the thing, shouldn't doom get lobo treatment?

The what treatment now?

Also Doom's base stats are different than him with magic and prep.

Lobo treatment would be just saying that he's so inconsistent that nobody should scale to him, which is something we currently do for Lobo. But as I understand it Doom's power level is relatively stable, it just varies between the various things he can do.

Lobo treatment would be just saying that he's so inconsistent that nobody should scale to him, which is something we currently do for Lobo. But as I understand it Doom's power level is relatively stable, it just varies between the various things he can do.
1. Thank you for explaining.

2. Yeah Doom's feats are relatively "stable" as far as "flexible" comic power levels go.

I mean, he literally has a feat of enduring multiple Celestial blasts at once that scales well above the Destroyer Armor, that got badly damaged from one Celestial's casual blast and melted in seconds when all 8 or 9 of them hit him at once.

Even if Doom had been hit by all 8 or 9 Celestials at once, him holding out against 4 Celestials for 28 minutes means he'd have been able to hold out against all 8 or 9 of them for 12-14 minutes.

Directly scaling his prep-time durability FAR above the 2-A Magically-Buffed Destroyer Armor.

with 2-A feats, feats of matching herald tiers and counter feats of losing to the thing, shouldn't doom get lobo treatment?
Lobo is different actually plus the thing now is very powerful tbh as his like in thor and hulk's level currently in current thing comics.

Btw, I think that with all the 2-A feats (and the few Low 1-C absorption feats proposed), it might be a good time to suggest that we look at Doom tanking the Infinity Gauntlet as a prep time durability feat.
This is wrong for many reasons, Doom didn't prepare himself anything to be able to take that and we know Thanos was playing around with everyone while going somewhat easy with them, to the point of getting tagged by and harmed by a kick from Spider-Man and tagged by Wolverine.

With feats taken this out of context I don't support any notable change or addition on Doom's profile.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back