• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A badass gunslinger fights a highschool girl.

Does she start with timestop?

Also, how long can she stop time for? Profile says a few seconds, but doesn't say anything specific.

MrKingOfNegativity said:
Does she start with timestop?
Also, how long can she stop time for?
Yes, and I would probably say about a few seconds. It is in character for her to use her time abilities basically.

She can act within it as well, using time rewind.

Honestly, considering Roland has the AP advantage to one shot, this is probably the most fair matchup I can come up with.

Depending on how skilled Seraphina is and whether or not she can spam her powers, she can probably use time manipulation to avoid his bullets where necessary. He doesn't have a way to counter it, and if she gets close, she's a lot stronger than him physically. Which is kind of ******* hilarious to think about.

That said, one slip-up and Roland's guns will destroy her beyond repair, and lack of ranged options means she needs to close the distance in order to win, which won't be easy with the sheer volume of bullets that Roland's going to be sending her way.

Sooo...yeah. Can she spam her powers in combat, and is she particularly skilled at using them?

She was Queen at Wellston, meaning she is the strongest female student at school with Turf Wars, which are basically gang warfare.

There is also a flashback that she beat a team of five single handly, but we have not seen it yet.

Sources: https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy/unordinary/episode-17/viewer?title_no=679&episode_no=18

https://www.webtoons.com/en/fantasy...itle_no=679&episode_no=15&webtoonType=WEBTOON

But good news for Roland, her ability is only good for at best a few meters and it has recoil.

And it does seem to have a startup time and can be stopped mid-cast.

But that is about it.

She can spam her powers otherwise though.

Well, that scene of her "beating the entire roster in an instant" looks like she time-stopped in order to do it, so that's one point in her favor. And if she can spam her powers, she should be able to avoid his bullets if she can activate them in time.

But the bit about those powers having a startup time really harms her in the end, as does the recoil from their use. The minute she makes so much as a twitch, Roland is going to draw his guns and fire (assuming he hasn't done so already), and the need for a startup means she probably won't be able to timestop while the bullets are mid-flight, which would have been her best chance against a guy who can spam a ton of bullets that one-shot her several times over.

So yeah, it's a close one, but I think Roland is the more reliable vote to go with. Activation time aside, the distance between them is like a few dozen meters thanks to SBA, so even if she does manage to stop time before she gets shot to hell and back, I'm not sure if she can close the distance before the duration runs out and the recoil leaves her a sitting duck.

I'll agree on the notion of Roland's victory.

Roland: 2

Seraphina: 0

Also might wanna retract the start up time statement. It is a little unclear, and it was stopped midcast by an ability nullifing syringe

But yeah, still legitimate imo.

The syringe was the second part of a plan to kidnap her using a serum that stopped people using their powers.

The first bit of the plan was another person using their ability to supress hers. Hence the start up time in that situation.

Other than that, I don't remember her ever needing a start up time.

Monarch Laciel said:
The syringe was the second part of a plan to kidnap her using a serum that stopped people using their powers.
The first bit of the plan was another person using their ability to supress hers. Hence the start up time in that situation.

Other than that, I don't remember her ever needing a start up time.
Yeah, this was my fault.

I wrote this when I was..really, really tired.

Can memorize the name and abilities in the comic, cant remember an important plot point for the life of me.

(I am actually lowkey ashamed tbh lul)

Edit: You gonna vote?

If there is any, then it's possible that the timestop will run out and leave her open before she gets to him. SBA puts them at a few dozen meters at least (that's her max range with timestop on her profile), so if she "walks" towards him, she's never going to cover that distance before time resumes. And in his eyes, she'll just look like she teleported, in which case he'll be surprised for all of a millisecond at most before he resumes his attempt at shooting her in the face.

If not, then yeah, he pretty much has no way to tag her before she gets close and beats him to death.

[URL='https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/5/56/Recoil.png/revision/latest?cb=20180326054837'][IMG alt="Recoil said:
https://vignette.wikia.nocookie.net/vsbattles/images/5/56/Recoil.png/revision/latest/scale-to-width-down/180?cb=20180326054837[/IMG][/URL]
Monarch Laciel"]
I don't remember any recoil, but that might just be me missing something.
Hey, this one I was right on ovo.

She stated it herself though, probably not combat applicable in an extreme sense.

Considering she got no obvious damage after breaking through arlos barrier, that is.

So...

Roland: 2?? (Not sure if I should still count the two above if they still wanna vote.)

Seraphina: 2 (Counting Monarch for Seraphina)

I'm going to also have to vote for Roland due to reasons above, though I might be able to be swayed.

Going with Sera here. She notably uses Time Stop in character to fight. It actually has no start up time as she got shot with something that weakened her ability. It is in character for her to stop time and finish her foes as fast as possible. Sera has my vote.

Bumping this from beyond the grave as well.

Voting for Sera for reasons above.

Current Vote:

Roland - 4 (MrKing, DMUA, Velox, Aeyu)

Sera - 5 (Monarch, Iap, Dragon, Litentric, Dargoo)

Roland - 5 (MrKing, DMUA, Velox, Aeyu, Jimbo)

Sera - 5 (Monarch, Iap, Dragon, Litentric, Dargoo)

Well then, we may actually get an incon for this one.

I like all you guys keep up with my versus threads more then me. I forgot I made this lol </3 Sera: 6 Roland:5

Back