• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

A (4┬║ Raikage) vs Misaka Mikoto

If the Raikage has a Maximum output before he's overwhelmed I'd say Mikoto. (Actual Lightning seems generally more powerful this Ninjutsu lightning as shown in the Sasuke vs Itachi fight.) If not Mikoto might be able to pull a win if she sourronds herself in Iron Sand. Biggest concern is 4rth Raikage's speed.....Mikoto kept up with a Saint but it was difficult.

5/10. Raikage takes half for raw power, Mikoto takes the other half if she is smart and opens with her best moves and plays defensive.

first round is 90/100 wins for raikage, he is really fast and even a severed arm didnt make him lose his cool, i doub that some fragile iron-sand sword will defeat him...

R2: i give it to the riakage due to higher intelligence and a possible dodging of attacks, otherwise mikoto wins if she hits with a fewof her strongest attacks...

I think misaka can keep up against Raikage speed, after all she able fight equally against Brunhild in her base form and can block Mugino Meltdowner, also Raikage using electric shield to increase his speed so it will be easy for misaka to predict Raikage movement. For her iron sand, she can block 1 High Priest Mud Hand with her iron sand, so i dont think her iron sand is fragile.

Also it's not just an iron sand sword, it'd be an Iron Sand Tsunami/Cyclone if she surrounds herself with it then Raikage will have to basically dash through a cloud of chainsaws that can cut tanks like butter and even Brunhild didn't want to take a chance with tanking it.

GreatestSin said:
first round is 90/100 wins for raikage, he is really fast and even a severed arm didnt make him lose his cool, i doub that some fragile iron-sand sword will defeat him...
R2: i give it to the riakage due to higher intelligence and a possible dodging of attacks, otherwise mikoto wins if she hits with a fewof her strongest attacks...
Did u just state that the Raikage has greater intelligence than Misaka? REALLY? A person who outprocessed her world's best supercomputer, hacked into several supercomputers with her mind, and can pretty much predict the outcome of any battle... Seriously now...

I'd give it to Misaka for both rounds (Pre-Level 6 Shift and level 6 Shift).

Pre-Level 6 Shift: Reason is that Misaka can control Electrons, not just lightning itself (basically meaning she can control Raikage's lightning as well). She has better versatility (can control the organs of opponents, combust oxygen particles, turn anything into ions, has electromagentism (can control gravity because of it), and my favorite, can create an Ozone which she can then use to suffocate her opponent or even better, that Ozone can give people Hyperoxia, poisoning them to death (very creative ways of killing people), etc.) and has Massively Hypersonic reactions with very very high intelligence.

Level 6 Shift: Gunha couldn't even come close to her and she completely overpowered him. Misaka breaks Touma's Imagine Breaker, forcing the Dragons to come out (pretty much overpowered Imagine Breaker) [In my knowledge, the only power that has overpowered Imagine Breaker is Gungnir (which is a Universe level power) and Fiamma, which also absorbed the right hand]. At that time, maybe, Misaka has the latent power of somewhere near 5-B (about the power of Fiamma). Might just be a False Analogy though:/.

Cavvage said:
GreatestSin said:
Did u just state that the Raikage has greater intelligence than Misaka? REALLY? A person who outprocessed her world's best supercomputer, hacked into several supercomputers with her mind, and can pretty much predict the outcome of any battle... Seriously now...
Book smart =/= battle smarts, mikoto isnt as experienced in fighting and doesnt have years of killing people...

Raikage maybe more experienced in fightning than misaka, but I dont think he know about misaka power. Furthermore, misaka more experienced in fightning against enemy with different ability concept (brunhild, high priest, and salome for example).

^misakas abilitys are not really that difficult to figure out :/ exspecially not if magnetism and electrikinesis are already a known thing for A...

^however I dont think raikage know about railgun, also misaka has better knowledge about electro physics. In my opinion chakra and AIM is very different, chakra based lightning has diferent laws than normal lightning (for example weak against wind) so if raikage assume that misaka lightning is same with ninjutsu it will be disaster for him.

^even if he assumes it i dont see how it would help him, he never showed wind-jutsus, and unfortunatly since As lightning is different than normal lightning misakas knowledge of it wont be helpful either :/ all in all, in smarts regrading battles i give it to A...

But lightning has electric current is it? If not, it cannot be called as lightning. Also misaka had ozone creation, oxygen detonation, and plasma creation. Misaka could use ozone creation to suffocate raikage. Also misaka has better attack range than raikage and she has massively hypersonic reaction.

^lightning that is created via a energy that exists by fusing "the energy that is created by the boys cells aka physical energy" and "the energy the mind produces aka spiritual energy" is surely anything BUT normal lightning :)

as for ozone: im not sure but i doubt it works instantly, and if that is the case than A with flashstep should easily evade it, as for attack range: raikage didnt flich by losing a arm, im sure he would be able to survive a lot of injuries...

Itachi was pretty messed up from a real lightning strike, and Mikoto's lightning is actual lightning that is stated to move light speed.

Iron Sand was going to harm a Saint, Don't see how 4th Raikage is not going to turn into swiss cheese.

She can mess with people's internal organs, tell me how Raikage is going to laugh off his kidney/lungs/heart/brain/liver failure, that is entirely different then losing a limb.

She was able to keep up with a Saint, so he isn't speed blizing her, not to mention being covered by electricity makes him EASIER to sense.

She was experience fighting people with lot's of killing experience Brunhild and Mugino are examples.

^itachi=/=raikage, and real lightning is not lightspeed, and the novels part is seen as hyperpole otherwise it would be mentioned in her profile...

didnt the attack fail? it is not like A would wait until getting hit...

at which point did she do that?

she was at most sensing her with help through a ironsand-field, his lightning should make this strategy a bit hard to use...

mugino killed a lot of people, that isnt the same as a battle hardened shinobi, brunhild comes closer to that :/

I don't think it's hyperbole and it doesn't matter, point is ninja's in Naruto get messed up with an actual lightning strikes (As oppose to inferior Charkra lighting.) The use the same hyperbole multiple times for even the sisters. The Saints are also lightning timers yet Mikoto was able to tag Brunhild with her Lightning. (Correction the Saints BLITZE people that are lightning timers like the Knights of England.) Even if her lightning is only as fast as natural lightning can do dodge a strike. (It's also shown she can use her lightning in an AoE even if he can dodge linear lightning.)

The attack only failed because that Saint blew it away with a Shockwave. The Saint didn't want to risk it connecting.

In the first maybe second light novel Mikoto has a tantrum and tries to kill Touma in every way, the narration explicitly mentioned one of her attacks was a pulse that targeted people's organs, Touma negated it due to imagine breaker and she simply doesn't usually use it in character due it her morals of not killing.

How does being covered in electricty make him harder to sense I'd think it'd make him easier, What's to stop her from using the Iron Sand trick + radar on him? She also reguraly deflects/blocks point blank explosions, one person even teleported a bomb right behind her point blank while she was detracted and holding back to not kill them.

Mugino was part of an Group of esper's from the Dark side of Academy city employed to take out problematic people more or less a black ops group, I don't see how this isn't considered battle hardened. Mikoto also fought Salome who is a serial killer, (While having self-esteem issues.)

^not sure what you mean here, yes, kamachi uses hyperboling phrases a lot of times, and yes, itachi got problems from a lightning strike, does this mean naruto at the end of the series would too?

so we dont know how effective it would be...

i think you mean the third novel with the sisters but there touma never blocked a attack from her...plus, her profile doesnt mention such a ability...

his lightning isnt really "lightning" but some chakra bs, but ok, lets say she can sense him with iron sand or otherwise, there is still a speed gap, A is MHS while mikoto has High HS+ reactions with her sand, she wouldnt be able to react...

she is a lvl5, most of her fights end with her lasers destroying her target, she may kill a lot of people but that doesnt make her battle hardened :/

^that means this fightning is depend from misaka intention is it? If both of them had no intention to killing each other, it will be harder for raikage because most of his power depend on lightning shield.

Then for iron sand, misaka usually surounding herself with iron sand during battle and at least it could slowing down raikage or maybe can hurt him, after all her iron sand could manage 1 High priest mud hand (in theoretically it more heavier than normal iron sand). Brunhild could manage misaka iron sand because she has saint body.

Back