• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
And for people who say that Raphtalia wouldn't be aware of cancer (Which might not matter given her speed, but I'll bite); she owns a legendary weapon.

A weapon which displays ones own HP, MP, and SP as well as makes the user aware of any status afflictions they've encountered or cancellation of their abilities.

If her sword considers it a monster, it might even display its name.

Edit:

I mean hammer, not sword, since this is WN Raphtalia.

i would guess he's similar, im pretty sure he works similarly, he'd just be setient and probably smarter than real life cancer.

well i would say "if she can figure out what part of her has cancer in a early she could cut it out." but she has the legendary hammer not a sword so i dont think she can do that.

(Set up scenario)

(Raphtalia uses "illusion magic" to locate her enemy, which is somehow a cancer cell)

Raphtalia: Oh my foot grows a malignant tumor.

(uses her hammer or even her pressure point strikes to smash on her foot before the cancer on her foot spreads)

Raphtalia: Ouch... that'd hurt... but all done.

Raphtalia wins.

As silly as it sounds this may be exactly the winning situation of Raphtalia.

Of course there is a chance the cancer cell starts at somewhere Raphtalia cannot attack precisely without killing herself, but considering the volume of vital organ versus the rest of the body, Raphtalis wins more times than not. Surprise.

Cancer cell are natural and grow in everyone's body.

So she sends her attack back in time and kills it before it grows. via Hengen Musou or otherwise.

i dont think you can crush cancer. im like 90% certian that is not how cancer works. if you could cure cancer by crushing it, it wouldnt be such a problem and a lot less people would be dieing of it. but to be fair this isnt real life cancer so.... mabye?

I seriously doubt a hero can kill themselves via wacking themselves with their own weapon. Usually harmful stuff like that is reserved for curse abilities and such.

The legendary weapons themselves are made up of souls/spirits which have a will of their own. They wouldn't intentionally harm their holder. Other weapons have been known to do things like go intangible or flat out not work correctly in some instances depending on how much they value their holder.

Alright, imma be honest, pretty sure her immune system would fight back against the cancer.

It can conceal itself from the cells that made up the guy he was in in the anime, but no amount of verse equalization will be enough to make rapralia's cells think that a humanoid thing is part of the system.

So this is pretty much weather cancer can be good ol' Neutrophil among others.

So... it's kind of upto luck, since if the cells in her body detect the anomaly fast enough they will be able to swarm him and any attack he can do just ends with him getting sucked up but... more times than not he still wins due to being far smarter and agile then her immune system.

And Jason... no. You can't kill a bacteria by hitting yourself. It's literally too small for Thatto work. And her clairvoyance doesn't tell her about every bacteria and virus in her system either.

Bob8999 said:
i dont think you can crush cancer. im like 90% certian that is not how cancer works. if you could cure cancer by crushing it, it wouldnt be such a problem and a lot less people would be dieing of it. but to be fair this isnt real life cancer so.... mabye?
Real life cancer can be incapacitated by removing the cancer tumor from the body fast enough before it spreads. This is medically called the cancer cell removal surgery. People lost some organs (or in luckier cases removed some tummies or have a flat breast) for having their limbs/organs containing the cancer cell removed.

The same would go for Raphtalia.

And also, no, it's not more likely that it starts in anon-deadly place. All of the stomach and chest, neck and her are auto dead points because the forced needed to kill it instead of just pushing it away due to her flesh contracting faster would crush waaaay too many organs in her.

Her armpits, and upper tights, would also cause her too bleed out.

Jasonsith said:
Real life cancer can be incapacitated by removing the cancer tumor from the body fast enough before it spreads. This is medically called the cancer cell removal surgery. People lost some organs (or in luckier cases removed some tummies or have a flat breast) for having their limbs/organs containing the cancer cell removed.

Real life cancer can t freely move around in the body with legs, can't intelligently search for food and has to get fed by the system, and it doesn't know which parts of a human contain the food.

None of that is true for anime boi.

And that was with surgery. You can't stab a cancer out of yourself, especially not with tier 2 ap, and expect to not bleed out.

Jasonsith said:
Bob8999 said:
i am well aware of it, i even said something similar earlier, but you cant do that with a hammer and you cant crush cancer.

Cancer fra tough. Neutrophil and other parts of the immune system would need to luck out to catch the cancer.

Well, it's been a while since i read the WN (About 5 years), so I don't remember if this was the case.

But, Raphtalia in the LN can use potions which heal severe wounds and gets rid of toxins, diseases, death curses ect.

How is Cancer supposed to get around teh speed advantage though, Raphtalia can literally do an infinite number of moves before cancer does anything and she can practically spend as much time as she wants trying to figure out a way to get him out, literally an infinite amount of time.

she herself has 10-C durability, individual cells are probably less durable than her as a whole and cancer has 10-C dura so i think he'd be fine.

She only has 10-C durability in relation to tanking attacks, her body can still withstand the force of her own attacks, her speed, jumping, and falling among other things. This is due to the weird game mechanic-like powers of the verse.

Isn't cancer just regular cells in a "corrupted" way?

This should be true normally, but in terms of a battle like this, these are two foreign characters from two foreign franchises. Assuming one of them is innately part of the other is beyond strange.

initially he would be from another verse but then he would corrupt her cells and those wouldnt somehow magically become some elses cells.

InfiniteSped said:
Isn't cancer your own cell by default? Can you "get" cancer from somewhere else?
Normally, but this cancer is a humanoid able to find it s own food. Whose dna the cancer has can't be affected by verse equal, and it can spread and kill others without it due to it's abilities in the anime/manga.

Jasonsith said:

(uses her hammer or even her pressure point strikes to smash on her foot before the cancer on her foot spreads)

Raphtalia: Ouch... that'd hurt... but all done.

Raphtalia wins.
That... isn't how you remove cancer from your body. For two reasons actually: 1, Cancer can't "develop" inside an individual foot, and 2, the idea that you could somehow just remove the body part infected by cancer and not have any leftover infected cells is optmistic unless we are talking about best-case scenarios. There's a reason on why even after finishing a treatment a patient must still be under care of doctors until they are 100% sure it's gone.

Also, given that even a baby could kill her, wouldn't her own 2-C strikes instagib her 10-C body?

YungManzi said:
I seriously doubt a hero can kill themselves via wacking themselves with their own weapon. Usually harmful stuff like that is reserved for curse abilities and such.
The legendary weapons themselves are made up of souls/spirits which have a will of their own. They wouldn't intentionally harm their holder. Other weapons have been known to do things like go intangible or flat out not work correctly in some instances depending on how much they value their holder.
^

Back