• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 1: Austin Theory vs Burtonverse Batman

The whole point of me mentioning IR is that even when you think Theory is down for the count, he instinctively retaliates back with his own offense. Theory can legit attack when Bats least expects it.
IF Theory gets in close, which is the whole discussion here

This isn't IR, but Theory is really good at dodging/timing his opponents' attacks. A Batarang seriously isn't anything crazy.
Again, being good at dodging punks and kick does not equate to dodging a batarang, being a skilled martial artist doesn’t automatically make you capable of dodging projectiles you’ve never seen before. The batarangs are more than valid offence for Batman

and I seriously do not see Batman paralyzing Theory at all thanks to what Pika said earlier.
Well, I don’t know how much I stand by that argument anymore since someone argued cinematic timing and I can buy that, but we’ll roll with it sure

I genuinely feel like y'all overestimating Batman's equipment. It's seriously nothing crazy.
Batman’s equipment isn’t the greatest thing ever, but it is perfect for keeping distance, which is all Batman needs to do against Theory to null his offensive abilities completely.

That paralysing machine looks... iffy

it takes like over a second to cross a room, we’re in an entire stadium, and if Batman doesn’t start with it Theory can just get up close, Batman won’t have time to pull gadgets out of his utility belt while he’s actively engaged in hand to hand combat.

It could take a few wins in a classic 100 matches situation but I wouldn’t call it a major factor against any fighter worth their salt
That's literally just a case of special effects problems

IF Theory gets in close, which is the whole discussion here
And Theory can most certainly get in close. A few Batarangs isn't going to cut it.

Again, being good at dodging punks and kick does not equate to dodging a batarang, being a skilled martial artist doesn’t automatically make you capable of dodging projectiles you’ve never seen before. The batarangs are more than valid offence for Batman
This whole Batarang argument seriously isn't all that. Do the Batarangs move faster than Theory can react? You're making it seem like these Batarangs are nigh-impossible for Theory to dodge, which is far from the case. It's a simple projectile, that's all it is.

Batman’s equipment isn’t the greatest thing ever, but it is perfect for keeping distance, which is all Batman needs to do against Theory to null his offensive abilities completely.
And that equipment isn't good enough to keep distance. I need scans of these weapons in action.

I need scans of these weapons in action, because just saying it makes it really hard to believe.

While Theory is breaking out of the ropes, couldn't Batman hit him with the paralyzing device?
I... guess? He’d have to be very, very quick about it, as Theory would be able to power out of those ropes in no time, if they even tripped him up, AND it depends on how often Bats uses the paralysing device, but it could be a possible win-con sure

I... guess? He’d have to be very, very quick about it, as Theory would be able to power out of those ropes in no time, if they even tripped him up, AND it depends on how often Bats uses the paralysing device, but it could be a possible win-con sure
It also depends on how it works. I need scans of these weapons in action to see if they're really all that, because that Batarang argument is seriously not convincing me whatsoever.

y'all put gadget batman against a dude and restrict most of his gadgets wtf is this lol.

Here's an idea. Batman grapples into the rafters of the stadium and pelts Austin with batarangs and the stun gun. It'd be difficult for Austin to close the distance or even get up to the rafters at that point and it gives Batman a lot of time to strategize.

Here's an idea. Batman grapples into the rafters of the stadium and pelts Austin with batarangs and the stun gun. It'd be difficult for Austin to close the distance or even get up to the rafters at that point and it gives Batman a lot of time to strategize.
Would that count as leaving the battlefield or nah?

The first one hit 3 people before getting stopped. What's stopping Theory from just catching it? Plus, it legit takes him a few seconds for him to activate the Batarang and throw, which gives Theory plenty of time to swoop in and get some clean hits in.

Theory can easily dodge these? The villains in those scenes didn't see those attacks, while Theory will see those attacks coming in plain sight.

The first one hit 3 people before getting stopped. What's stopping Theory from just catching it? Plus, it legit takes him a few seconds for him to activate the Batarang and throw, which gives Theory plenty of time to swoop in and get some clean hits in.

Theory can easily dodge these? The villains in those scenes didn't see those attacks, while Theory will see those attacks coming in plain sight.
They were literally looking at him when he did it what do you mean they didn't see those attacks coming.

Would that count as leaving the battlefield or nah?
It's part of the stadium. He's not leaving the building. He's just going to where the audience would be

at least the stun gun and the rope batarang are clearly just establishing shots and even then these are actions that are quick and easy to perform it's not like he's performing some arcane ritual to throw a batarang-
The main problem is that the villains in the timestamps didn't see those coming, specifically the rope batarang.

Batman will have to hit Theory with it when he least expects it, which is going to be hard since Theory is going to be on guard the entire matchup thanks to Batman's equipment.

The main problem is that the villains in the timestamps didn't see those coming, specifically the rope batarang.

Batman will have to hit Theory with it when he least expects it, which is going to be hard since Theory is going to be on guard the entire matchup thanks to Batman's equipment.
Ain't gonna be on guard forever, cause Theory is literally fighting someone with crazy ass gadgets that he has never seen before

y'all put gadget batman against a dude and restrict most of his gadgets wtf is this lol.

You are limited to the battlegrounds themselves, also I’m pretty sure the grappling gun is restricted

okay but they saw the gun coming. He literally pointed it at them and they were looking at him head on.

Sure he could be on guard but I could also be on guard if someone has a gun. Doesn't mean I won't get shot.

They were literally looking at him when he did it what do you mean they didn't see those attacks coming.
One of the villains were trying to reach for a weapon, and then they got restrained when they least expected it.

The last one shows a guy trying to run away, but Bats restrains him when he least expects it. Are you watching the same video?

Tbf the homing batarang did get caught by a dog lmao, if it isn’t the first Batarang Batman uses Theory should at least be able to nullify that one

One of the villains were trying to reach for a weapon, and then they got restrained when they least expected it.

The last one shows a guy trying to run away, but Bats restrains him when he least expects it. Are you watching the same video?
Trust me, I am. The only one where they weren't looking directly at him was the rope batarang.

Why is the grappling gun restricted? Why is Austin fighting such a neutered version of batman. This feels so sketchy.
Idk I just heard I think Propellus say it was restricted (Don’t quote me though). If you’re insinuating that we’re neutering Batman to give more wins for WWE, which I suspect you are, this is a tournament with 13 other non WWE guys that also benefit, it was done to cause as few one-sided match-ups as possible, and for the people in this tournament who just wouldn’t stand a chance against fully equipped Bats, including people not as skilled or all around powerful as Theory or Finn

Trust me, I am. The only one where they weren't looking directly at him was the rope batarang.
No, in both videos they were not looking at Batman.

One was very clearly trying to reach for a weapon on the ground (something Theory wouldn't do).

The other one shows a guy running away and getting restrained. Why would Theory run away when his whole goal is to get up close?

Idk I just heard I think Propellus say it was restricted (Don’t quote me though). If you’re insinuating that we’re neutering Batman to give more wins for WWE, which I suspect you are, this is a tournament with 13 other non WWE guys that also benefit, it was done to cause as few one-sided match-ups as possible, and for the people in this tournament who just wouldn’t stand a chance against fully equipped Bats, including people not as skilled or all around powerful as Theory or Finn
And yet Bats with barely with much of his equipment is still kicking Theory's ass here lol

And yet Bats with barely with much of his equipment is still kicking Theory's ass here lol
Yet you still have to answer some very important questions.

That homing Batarang isn't doing shit, and that rope Batarang is only going to help if Theory least expects, which is going to be hard considering that Batman is going to be using his equipment for the entire matchup, and Theory will be on guard.

I highly doubt Batman opens with a rope Batarang or his Paralyzing device.

One was very clearly trying to reach for a weapon on the ground (something Theory wouldn't do).
No he was looking at Batman as he fired. He was still looking at him. Batman was even restrained which shows that the weapon is still real easy to use even in strenuous circumstances. As for the series of events. Man picks up a gun. Batman pulls out his gun. Man looks at batman, and then batman fires, which still hits the guy. He was looking at Batman once he pulled out his gun.

The other one shows a guy running away and getting restrained.
YES this was the ONE video I said the guy wasn't looking at Batman. Please read my comments-

highly doubt Batman opens with a rope Batarang or his Paralyzing device.
He doesn't need to open with it he just needs to hit him once with the paralyzing device which is a thing that he obviously uses. I don't know why you think that Austin would immediately expect Batman to pull out weird shit he's never seen before. He's going to be caught off guard.

Yet you still have to answer some very important questions.

That homing Batarang isn't doing shit, and that rope Batarang is only going to help if Theory least expects, which is going to be hard considering that Batman is going to be using his equipment for the entire matchup, and Theory will be on guard.
It's not like Theory's instantly gonna know what Batman's gonna do here, and again, he's smarter. And if anything, Bats can just use a regular Batarang and knock him out.

Back