• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Tournament - Two Worlds Collide Match 1: Austin Theory vs Burtonverse Batman

Fair enough, but Bats should be able to still get a shot at him, given how he's a pretty good strategist.
I'll concede on that argument. Theory isn't that bad of a strategist either. He'll definitely need to strategize more in this fight since his opponent has equipment.

Were they fast enough to respond to a single bullet like Batman has? If I remember correctly, you did tell me the Wrestlers were too slow to react to gunfire.
No, but speed is equalized right? I keep on forgetting how that works.

Well, Theory's gonna have a hard time avoiding that remote controlled Batarang that is pretty much heat-seaking which will be pretty damn difficult to dodge.
At first, this would catch him off guard, but he'll find a way to avoid these attacks. Sooner or later, Bats is going to be forced into H2H, where it's basically gg from there.

At first, this would catch him off guard, but he'll find a way to avoid these attacks. Sooner or later, Bats is going to be forced into H2H, where it's basically gg from there.
How would he avoid those? And I'm pretty sure Theory hasn't fought anyone like Batman with those juicy kinds of equipment, So he's definitely gonna get caught in some of them. Batman could just wrap his legs around with a Batarang forming into a rope to incapacitate him, then get the chance to use another to knock him out or just paralyze him with the device.

Batman could just wrap his legs around with a Batarang forming into a rope to incapacitate him
Does Batman just throw the Batarang at Theory? If so, then good luck with that. Plus, can't Theory use his LS to overpower the ropes, or is it fully restraining him?

then get the chance to use another to knock him out or just paralyze him with the device.
Assuming if Bats can wrap Theory's legs.

Does Batman just throw the Batarang at Theory? If so, then good luck with that. Plus, can't Theory use his LS to overpower the ropes, or is it fully restraining him?
Pretty sure he will, and he's gonna make sure it hits him as if it's a sniper. And given how Theory's LS isn't specified in the OP, those ropes will definitely overpower him given how Batman has superior LS in this segment.
Assuming if Bats can wrap Theory's legs.
He's still gonna make it risky for Theory to try come close to him, and this is where he could close the gap.

Pretty sure he will, and he's gonna make sure it hits him as if it's a sniper. And given how Theory's LS isn't specified in the OP, those ropes will definitely overpower him given how Batman has superior LS in this segment.
What is Bats LS?

Theory's LS is At Least Peak Human, likely Class 5 due to downscaling from the powerhouses of the WWE verse (Class 25).

So Theory has an LS edge.
Is his Class 25 LS specified here? Cause the OP doesn't seem to list this. If not, he's trapped

Theory doesn't have Class 25. He has Class 5 LS.
I misread his LS lol, but anyways, is Theory really gonna take the risk of attempting to get close to Bats? Cause those equipment he has is really gonna screw him over.

Also, considering that Theory has a bodybuilding background (he actually won a bodybuilding competition at the age of 17), Class 5 is most likely pretty casual for him.

I misread his LS lol, but anyways, is Theory really gonna take the risk of attempting to get close to Bats? Cause those equipment he has is really gonna screw him over.
Theory is not going to blindly charge in. If he sees that Batman has equipment, he's going to have to pick his spots at the right time, which he certainly can do.

There's no doubt in my mind that Theory can close the distance.

Theory is not going to blindly charge in. If he sees that Batman has equipment, he's going to have to pick his spots at the right time, which he certainly can do.

There's no doubt in my mind that Theory can close the distance.
And Bats can also throw down smoke bombs to obscure Theory's vision, Bats is also pretty stealthy too. He can use that to distract him and get the chance to use both the Batarang and the device at once.

And Bats can also throw down smoke bombs to obscure Theory's vision, Bats is also pretty stealthy too. He can use that to distract him and get the chance to use both the Batarang and the device at once.
I don't remember smoke bombs ever being added to Batman's equipment. The rules state that his Batarangs and Paralysis device are the only things he can use.

Alright, so restraining is a no no via Theory's superior LS.

So Batman has to rely on using his remote controlling Batarangs and Paralysis Device in order to get the dub. The main problem is that Theory's significant skill and IR advantages make it hard for him to be hit here. Far from impossible, but certainly a tough task. Plus...

That paralysing machine looks... iffy

it takes like over a second to cross a room, we’re in an entire stadium, and if Batman doesn’t start with it Theory can just get up close, Batman won’t have time to pull gadgets out of his utility belt while he’s actively engaged in hand to hand combat.

It could take a few wins in a classic 100 matches situation but I wouldn’t call it a major factor against any fighter worth their salt
If Pika said about the Paralysis device is true, then you can kiss that win con goodbye, as Theory would easily see that coming, and even if he doesn't, his IR helps him dodge it.

So honestly, Bats only way of causing range damage is by using his Batarangs, which will be useful, but Theory will without a doubt close the distance between, forcing Bats into H2H, which Theory wins from there no doubt.

Theory's main problem is trying to close the distance here.

Anyways batarangs and grappling hooks are a completely nutty kind of equipment that the wrestler can't prepare for considering he's never seen them before. If Batman can use the grappling hook to keep a distance then, well, he could keep just pelting the dude from afar or land that paralysis machine.

it takes like over a second to cross a room, we’re in an entire stadium, and if Batman doesn’t start with it Theory can just get up close, Batman won’t have time to pull gadgets out of his utility belt while he’s actively engaged in hand to hand combat.

It could take a few wins in a classic 100 matches situation but I wouldn’t call it a major factor against any fighter worth their salt
clearly more a case of cinematic timing. It's basically just a gun that batman could keep shooting lol. I don't understand how that's not a big thing in this match.

It’s not really a “risk”, for Theory, more his only way of actually fighting bats, he has no ranged options
I don't remember smoke bombs ever being added to Batman's equipment. The rules state that his Batarangs and Paralysis device are the only things he can use.
idk why that’s the case, I only said restricting his car and his explosives was an issue. Smoke bombs are fine
I really dislike WWE matches at this point lol
they do tend to follow the same points I must admit...

Most fights tend to have heavy emphasis on skill, which can easily a boring or circular discussion to be had

clearly more a case of cinematic timing. It's basically just a gun that batman could keep shooting lol. I don't understand how that's not a big thing in this match.
I mean, guns were restricted, something with identical properties except it hands Batman a crap ton of free hits instead of being the hit itself doesn’t really feel worthy of an exception...

This match has really been the experimentation for what should be allowed for Batman huh

So, I’ll not conclude yet as Random has responses to make, but I will say I’m fairly torn on this atm. This match feels more like a game of capture the flag, can Theory get in close to Batman? If he can I’d say he’d win in CQC (even if only by virtue of his wide variety of finishers). But I mean, it IS Batman, closing a gap when he has most equipment is well, tricky. Batarangs especially. Ropes will halt Theory’s momentum, homing batarangs are a guaranteed hit, even ones without special properties are small, fast moving projectiles that Theory simply won’t dodge the first few times, and a well aimed hit from them could knock Theory clean out. Smoke bombs reset any progress made by Theory, if not widen the distance between them to even more than the starting 5 metres, etc. etc.

Theory is skilled, and has Instinctive Reaction which will help him, but Batman could very easily overwhelm him once he realises Theory relies on CQC. I can buy either succeeding in their win-cons, but I’ll wait for Random’s response

Oh, I just realised we can’t restrict the paralysing gun.

Eh, there’s cheesier win-cons in this tournament

Oh, I just realised we can’t restrict the paralysing gun.

Eh, there’s cheesier win-cons in this tournament
How often does he use it in character? Like he seemed to be in a tricky situation there, and normally Batmen hate firearms, so is it a kind of last resort?

Ropes will halt Theory’s momentum
It's not really going to do anything. Theory can easily overpower this.

homing batarangs are a guaranteed hit
True.

even ones without special properties are small, fast moving projectiles that Theory simply won’t dodge the first few times
"The first few times" is an exaggeration. Someone with greater skill and IR is not dodging the first few times? Yeah, I find that really hard to believe. I can say that the Batarangs will hit Theory the first 2 times, but anymore than that is a bit too much. Theory has dealt with wrestlers that have legit shown to blitz other wrestlers, so I don't see the big issue here. I just don't see how someone with significantly superior skill and IR won't be able to dodge "the first few times."

and a well aimed hit from them could knock Theory clean out.
And even a well aimed one can still be dodged due to IR, whether Theory sees it coming or not. Theory can fight on pure instinct, so I highly doubt this is going to mean much.

Smoke bombs reset any progress made by Theory, if not widen the distance between them to even more than the starting 5 metres, etc. etc.
idk why that’s the case, I only said restricting his car and his explosives was an issue. Smoke bombs are fine
I'm going to sound hella biased, but Batarangs, including ones that have a homing target, along with a paralysis device is already a lot for Theory to handle. Smoke bombs make it really unfair imho.

Even then, with how big the stadium is, the smoke bombs probably won't do shit.
Theory is skilled, and has Instinctive Reaction which will help him, but Batman could very easily overwhelm him once he realises Theory relies on CQC. I can buy either succeeding in their win-cons, but I’ll wait for Random’s response
I think you're heavily underestimating Theory's IR here. Maybe the first two Batarangs will hit, but anymore than that is reaching. I just don't see it happening.

Given that both lack sharp-edged weapons, this is a battle that can't be finished in few hits. Theory have better LS that could grant him an advantage in close combat plus seemely better stamina (Batman do not really says anything), but Batman has dampening gadgets and superiro AP, as well as superior intelligence. I believe Batman could win if he keeps the distance with ranged attacks and trapping and paralysing gadgets, plus smoke bombs; plus, it seems Theory is kind of arrogant, a weakness that Batman have exploded... welp, some Batman, not sure if this one in particular did it.

superiro AP
Negligible, plus, Austin Theory's finishers are far above his normal AP, and he has 3 different finisher, so oof for Batman there.

as well as superior intelligence
Fair.

I believe Batman could win if he keeps the distance with ranged attacks and trapping and paralysing gadgets, plus smoke bombs
Batarangs are legit the only thing Theory has to worry about. Trapping Theory isn't doing shit via LS, Paralyzing gadgets isn't doing nothing due to what Pika said about the device, and Batman would most likely resort to smoke bombs if he feels like he's getting overwhelmed, which won't be happening until they engage in H2H combat, and by the time Theory closes the distance, he's going to end the fight as quickly as possible, as he now knows that he shouldn't be approaching this fight arrogantly like he usually does.

plus, it seems Theory is kind of arrogant, a weakness that Batman have exploded... welp, some Batman, not sure if this one in particular did it.
Theory is certainly arrogant, but that arrogance is getting thrown out the window when he realizes the predicament he'd be in here.

It's not really going to do anything. Theory can easily overpower this.
Even though Theory’s LS means he can very easily break out of the ropes, they’re still going to initially bind around him. That’ll trip him up or at least slow him down, killing any offensive momentum he potentially has
"The first few times" is an exaggeration. Someone with greater skill and IR is not dodging the first few times?
Skill doesn’t come into it. Skill isn’t universal across all possible actions, Theory is a skilled wrestler, and as a consequence fighter, but he has never in his life had to counter anything even remotely resembling the properties of a batarang. His IR is useful but will only go so far, it’s not a magic dodging ability, especially since Theory’s profile only shows either offensive IR or IR that only helps him in a Wrestling match, if you can give scans of him using IR to dodge sure, but there’s no proof it will save him from ranged projectiles, though I’m willing to buy it will side him.
Theory has dealt with wrestlers that have legit shown to blitz other wrestlers, so I don't see the big issue here.
speed feat + cap

And even a well aimed one can still be dodged due to IR, whether Theory sees it coming or not. Theory can fight on pure instinct, so I highly doubt this is going to mean much.
Teensy bit of wank for the IR Theory specifically has but I can buy the premise

I'm going to sound hella biased, but Batarangs, including ones that have a homing target, along with a paralysis device is already a lot for Theory to handle. Smoke bombs make it really unfair imho.
After realising paralysing cannot be restricted, I’m happy to keep smoke bombs banned

Given that both lack sharp-edged weapons, this is a battle that can't be finished in few hits.
Theory’s finishers have AP high enough that they can heavily shift the scales of the battle in his favour, and if he’s struggling to get in close to Batman, when/if he does get in close he’ll be sure to make good use of the opportunity, possibly going for them earlier than he would usually.

superiro AP,
I’m not sure the base AP is enough difference to really be much of a factor, but noted.

I’m still not sure who I want to go for, I lean Batman, but only very slightly. I can easily buy Theory winning this as well and am still open to arguments that could shift where my vote is currently headed (though I’m not voting yet)

I’m still not sure who I want to go for, I lean Batman, but only very slightly. I can easily buy Theory winning this as well and am still open to arguments that could shift where my vote is currently headed (though I’m not voting yet)
I also still lean towards Batman.

The AP advantage is not superior enough to grant a free win, but a minor advantage regardless; wouldn't consider it that much. Even yet, for an arrogant dude that falls by one of Batman trick, even if initially, may cost him dearly. Not like he overwhelminly wins this fight, but I see Batman win more than most.

Batman’s interesting because his wacky gadgets won’t work against everyone, just those reliant on melee more than they probably should be. He could well pick up a win here, but against someone like Tsukasa, ehhhh not so much. It’s specific clashes of abilities like these that are gonna make the tournaments format shine!

Even though Theory’s LS means he can very easily break out of the ropes, they’re still going to initially bind around him. That’ll trip him up or at least slow him down, killing any offensive momentum he potentially has
I guess yeah.

Skill doesn’t come into it. Skill isn’t universal across all possible actions, Theory is a skilled wrestler, and as a consequence fighter, but he has never in his life had to counter anything even remotely resembling the properties of a batarang. His IR is useful but will only go so far, it’s not a magic dodging ability, especially since Theory’s profile only shows either offensive IR or IR that only helps him in a Wrestling match, if you can give scans of him using IR to dodge sure, but there’s no proof it will save him from ranged projectiles, though I’m willing to buy it will side him.
The whole point of me mentioning IR is that even when you think Theory is down for the count, he instinctively retaliates back with his own offense. Theory can legit attack when Bats least expects it. This isn't IR, but Theory is really good at dodging/timing his opponents' attacks. A Batarang seriously isn't anything crazy. This isn't Theory vs Violet where Theory had to deal with fighting someone with freaking battle axe.

speed feat + cap
Not cap. Theory has defeated Finn Balor on numerous occasions, the latter of which can defeat Lio Rush, who has shown to blitz wrestlers on numerous occasions. So yes, this is valid.

After realising paralysing cannot be restricted, I’m happy to keep smoke bombs banned
I'm completely fine with that.

Theory’s finishers have AP high enough that they can heavily shift the scales of the battle in his favour, and if he’s struggling to get in close to Batman, when/if he does get in close he’ll be sure to make good use of the opportunity, possibly going for them earlier than he would usually.
What Pika said basically. When Theory closes that gap, he's going to end the fight as quickly as possible.

I got Theory winning this. Batarangs are seriously not as crazy as you guys are making it out to be. It will definitely catch Theory off guard initially, but he's going to quickly adapt to that. Batarangs are seriously not this crazy, out of this world weaponry as everyone here is making it out to be. It's a basic projectile that can be dodged when timed right. Simple as that.

The AP advantage is not superior enough to grant a free win, but a minor advantage regardless; wouldn't consider it that much. Even yet, for an arrogant dude that falls by one of Batman trick, even if initially, may cost him dearly. Not like he overwhelminly wins this fight, but I see Batman win more than most.
Like I said earlier, Theory's arrogance is getting thrown out the window the moment he realizes that he needs to pick his spots right in order to win instead of blindly charging in. Batarangs are nothing crazy, and I seriously do not see Batman paralyzing Theory at all thanks to what Pika said earlier. Restraining Theory only stops him for a few seconds, assuming if Bats is able to do this, since Theory can simply dodge it.

I genuinely feel like y'all overestimating Batman's equipment. It's seriously nothing crazy.

What stops Batman from using his paralyzing device?
Theory dodging it?

Back