• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B+ Tournament Semifinals match 2 (Nia Teppelin vs Brad Armstrong) (0/7/0) GRACE FINALLY

Brad got a pretty significant AP advantage especially since the 12.7 megajoules feat was done rather early on, and he gets considerably stronger over the course of the game, through both battling and equipment. He can even amp himself with Joy to continue to contend with Nia once she starts to evolve.

Brad's also inhuman stamina-wise. Not only can he heal himself with items, but he's chock-full of insane durability, stamina, pain and wound tolerance feats. He can fight without both his arms, can fight while crippled by the agonizing pain of said lost arms, can fight while being heavily debuffed by severe withdrawal, can still fight with efficacy even while on fire, poisoned and under other status effects. Heck, when he was really motivated, becoming a porcupine of spears, arrows, bullet wounds and entire swords driven into his body didn't really impede his fighting ability.

Brad should easily be able to avoid Nia's Energy Shots since they're Transonic while her Combat Speed is Supersonic+ (So Brad's gonna be almost 3 times faster than her Energy Shots) and he also has The Range Advantage

Last edited:
Brad should easily be able to avoid Nia's Energy Shots since they're Transonic while her Combat Speed is Supersonic+ (So Brad's gonna be almost 3 times faster than her Energy Shots) and also has The Range Advantage
Wouldn’t they both be supersonic+?

He can even amp himself with Joy to continue to contend with Nia once she starts to evolve.
Can the amping ability get better over time?
Brad's also inhuman stamina-wise. Not only can he heal himself with items, but he's chock-full of insane durability, stamina, pain and wound tolerance feats. He can fight without both his arms, can fight while crippled by the agonizing pain of said lost arms, can fight while being heavily debuffed by severe withdrawal, can still fight with efficacy even while on fire, poisoned and under other status effects
Nia herself also has really good tolerance towards pain. When Antispiral was examining her, it created holes around her entire body, and would get bigger over time. While this was going on, she was still trying to regenerate. This went on for most of the time in the war against Antispiral. Or High-Low regeneration
Brad should easily be able to avoid Nia's Energy Shots since they're Transonic while her Combat Speed is Supersonic+ (So Brad's gonna be almost 3 times faster than her Energy Shots) and he also has The Range Advantage
Nia may not do well against opponents with energy shots because of the speed of them, her skill in hand-to-hand combat should still be very good, as she’s easily defeated Viral, who is a trained soldier of Lordgenome’s army, and was one of the elites; he could fight on par with Simon, who was stated to become quite proficient after 3 years of training. She even has instinctive reaction for dodging an attack she seemingly wasn’t aware of, has instant thought based teleportation, and has Mid-Low regeneration negation. Can see beings who are abstract and invisible, and can touch type 1 abstracts

Can the amping ability get better over time?
No, but Brad isn't the type to let a fight drag out. Brad would want to end fight quickly, especially after taking Joy
Joy also fully heals Brad, doubles his attack, defense, critical hit chance, and makes him completely insensitivite to pain
her skill in hand-to-hand combat should still be very good, as she’s easily defeated Viral, who is a trained soldier of Lordgenome’s army, and was one of the elites; he could fight on par with Simon, who was stated to become quite proficient after 3 years of training. She even has instinctive reaction for dodging an attack she seemingly wasn’t aware of
Brad invented an entire martial arts style, and those taught to use it are by far the most efficient fighters in all of Olathe. He has beating champion-class wrestlers in direct combat and has beating up to five people at the same time, with them not being too much weaker from him physically. Not only that, but he could learn other styles and incorporated their teachings just by reading their scrolls.
So Brad should be at least comparable to Nia Skill-wise
Is that in character for her? Using teleportation in combat? It shouldn't be much of problem either way, since her only projectile is slower and has less range than Brad's

Last edited:
Mind you that Brad can still fight even multiple people at once even with both arms chopped off at the shoulder, that's another notable feat. I would say he's way better than Nia if that's all she's got

No, but Brad isn't the type to let a fight drag out
I guess Nia has an advantage over this, since her Reactive Evolution becomes more potent overtime.
Brad invented an entire martial arts style, and those taught to use it are by far the most efficient fighters in all of Olathe. He has beating champion-class wrestlers in direct combat and has beating up to five people at the same time, with them not being too much weaker from him physically. Not only that, but he could learn other styles and incorporated their teachings just by reading their scrolls.
Nia should be able to adapt to this fighting style, so I think maybe she has the edge in terms of Martial Arts
Is that in character for her?
It is in character for her to use teleportation to dodge attacks
It shouldn't be much of problem either way, since her only projectile is slower and has less range than Brad's
She doesn't only use it for firing, which she only does when she's up close, she also uses them while they remain on her hands
Mind you that Brad can still fight even multiple people at once even with both arms chopped off at the shoulder, that's another notable feat. I would say he's way better than Nia if that's all she's got
I mean she still has High-Low Regeneration, so she should be fine

I guess Nia has an advantage over this, since her Reactive Evolution becomes more potent overtime.
Not really, the AP gap is too huge to bridge so easily and definitely not fast enough with Brad's aggressiveness
Nia should be able to adapt to this fighting style, so I think maybe she has the edge in terms of Martial Arts
The showings you've mentioned are nowhere near his level so no
It is in character for her to use teleportation to dodge attacks
Doesn't mean she can do so too effectively with the skill gap
I mean she still has High-Low Regeneration, so she should be fine
What are the actual feats for the regen? Profile does not list them

Not really, the AP gap is too huge to bridge so easily and definitely not fast enough with Brad's aggressiveness
Right. It might be a really long battle
The showings you've mentioned are nowhere near his level so no
Regardless, she isn't easily outclassed in this regard, she could still do alright in Hand-to-Hand Combat
Doesn't mean she can do so too effectively with the skill gap
She has Instinctive Reaction with thought based instantaneous teleportation. It'll be difficult to hit her with those two abilities coupled with each other
What are the actual feats for the regen? Profile does not list them
here. The video shows the damage she regenerates from. The video also reminded me of how Nia could also move her arm, even when it's severed (so really it should be Low-Mid regeneration, but like I said before, her profile is outdated)

not on profiles + doesn't seem that good
So just because it's not on an outdated profile, means she can't do it? Plus, thought-based instant teleportation is like one of the best types you can find. So how is Brad going to hit her? Even if he hits, how can he overcome her Regeneration? And with the video showing her moving her severed arm, which would give her really good Supernatural Willpower, and therefore, really good Reactive Evolution, she could catch up faster than what was initially presented. With RE, she could also adapt to fighting styles, so she isn't going to be outskilled the whole time

So just because it's not on an outdated profile, means she can't do it? Plus, thought-based instant teleportation is like one of the best types you can find.
Does she just go through the entire series hitless? Cause that's what you're making it sound like

Does she just go through the entire series hitless? Cause that's what you're making it sound like
As Messenger Nia, yes. I mean, she’s been hit by a blitzkrieg, but mainly because it wasn’t a problem to her and she was completely unaffected by it. She’s dodged an out of nowhere attack from Yoko’s Rifle, and teleported out of the way of Arch-Gurren Lagann’s drill

But considering she's wounded in the scan you showed me, I would assume she gets hit at a later point?

But considering she's wounded in the scan you showed me, I would assume she gets hit at a later point?
In the vid I showed, she isn't in her Messenger Nia state of mind. After episode 22, the mentality is gone
Simon did tell her to get out of the way before using using his drill tho
Arc Gurren Lagann is still really fast, and it did seem like she dodged the drill last minute

In the vid I showed, she isn't in her Messenger Nia state of mind. After episode 22, the mentality is gone
Do her powers leave too? Otherwise it doesn't matter. Anyway

The "Instinctive Reaction" you presented barely counts for that if at all, she's just blocking a shot and being surprised, could have just heard the sound or something. Definitely not evidence she'd be impossible to hit.

As for the regeneration it doesn't happen at all and as such its speed and timeframe are unknown. Definitely not something that'd let her last indefinitely

Do her powers leave too? Otherwise it doesn't matter. Anyway
No, because even if her mentality is gone, her physiology and knowledge remains the same
The "Instinctive Reaction" you presented barely counts for that if at all, she's just blocking a shot and being surprised, could have just heard the sound or something
It can’t be that she heard the sound. Yoko’s bullets are Supersonic (should be Hypersonic because that’s explicitly how fast they are, which is consistent with her rifle being a railgun), which is already faster than sound. Even though it’s fiction where characters can hear stuff past sound speed, TTGL is a verse that explicitly uses a lot of irl physics. She didn’t block it, she got her hand out of the way of the bullet
As for the regeneration it doesn't happen at all and as such its speed and timeframe are unknown. Definitely not something that'd let her last indefinitely
Yes it does, it happens right after Simon frees her. Before Simon freed her, she was still damaged, and literally right after that all the damage is gone. So her regeneration is like really quick

Last edited:
Doesn't really need instinctive reaction to do that tho (She's faster than Yoko's Rifle and the bullet already hit her Energy Shot)
Even if she's faster, it's out of nowhere to her, and she would be unable to react to a bullet through its sound because its faster than sound, and its appearance because she isn't looking that way

Wouldn't she see a bullet hitting her energy shot and dispersing it?
Her energy and hand are like really close to each other. Even if she saw it happen, it would've already touched her hand. Nia's reaction speed and Yoko's Superconducting Rifle's bullet speed aren't even that far apart for her to just dodge right when she notices the energy is dispersed

How does he overcome Nia's teleportation, regeneration, and Reactive Evolution?
With speed equal and experience against fast opponents and general martial arts knowledge (which by itself requires a certain level of prediction even in real life), Nia isn't going to be untouchable to Brad, who can also leap and move quite nimbly and quickly.

High-Low regen isn't incredible, Brad's AP and fireballs should quickly overcome it.

Last edited:
With speed equal and experience against fast opponents and general martial arts knowledge (which by itself requires a certain level of prediction even in real life), Nia isn't going to be untouchable to Brad, who can also move quite nimbly and quickly.
Idk, Nia’s speed can eventually become too much
High-Low regen isn't incredible, Brad's AP and fireballs should quickly overcome it.
Nia regenerated from her limbs disappearing, she should have Low-Mid

Back