• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
It's not a technique meant to be spammed,
Yes, I know this already. I'm asking how quickly she'll resort to using it. Early in the fight won't do much good, since Rarity will already be in defense mode if things are as you say.
If the shield is damaged enough and human-Rarity is concentrating on it, she is damaged herself,
No, she's not damaged. The shield was badly cracked. The worst that happened to her was getting pushed backward and she had to stop and rest for a moment. No actual harm done unless you count stamina damage.
but the shield remains active for X time or until it's fully destroyed with more damage. And damaged shields can be repaired by feeding them energy. The limit lies in human-Rarity's energy pool/stamina to keep feeding the shields. Do I summarize that right?
Magic pool specifically, but yes for the most part. But since Rarity doesn't need to actively maintain the shield 24/7, waiting inside until the shield runs out gives her time to regain whatever magic she lost.

Unless you strain it too much, their magic reserves will generally refill themselves from empty to full in a matter of minutes or less. Periodically recharging a 9-B+ shield won't be much of a strain on her reserves, if at all.
Can't find other videos, so I made gifs of the scene. Here, here and here. And here is another novel text link.
That honestly wasn't nearly as chaotic as described. Not including her substitution, all of her "teleportation" doesn't look like actual teleportation. It's just a stereotypical "anime flash-step". Useless in speed equal as it requires you to be fast enough to disappear from the eyes vision to begin with.

Last edited:
The clip is from a scene early on, and the fight that's the best translated from novel to anime. The other fights aren't as well translated into anime, or aren't even there. I've already linked some scenes from the novel to compensate that.
It's teleportation the way I see it, and the novel backs it up with the way the fights are.
There's no reason to think she can't use Ryuubi Gaeshi at any time, but it's closer to a one-hit-kill move , used during the heat of the fight, so not at the very start.

If you're implying that Rarity will have omnidirectional shield 24/7 once the danmaku happens and barely anything else, then that means the fight is decided before the danmaku? If that is the case, then, again, I'm not convinced Rarity will be able to properly defend, even with her shields, considering the skill level, maneuverability and options Saras has. Even if the shields don't consume that much energy, no way is Saras going to give Rarity breathing room to recover stamina or magic pool; and since Rarity's profile only says her stamina is average, hers will run out faster than Saras'. And since the shields can be damaged, this opens the option for Saras to break the shield, or at the very least pressure Rarity.
As for before the danmaku happens, I've said my point enough times, I think. Saras will capitalize to any opening Rarity has or any mistake she makes. Considering Rarity isn't a combatant and has far less combat experience on the battlefield than Saras, nor does she seem to have the analysis skills to contunously react to Saras, nor does her profile list anything particular about her personality, intelligence and fighting style, if she even has one, and Saras has all the options and advantages I already listed through text or links, or that exist on her profile, Saras has ample opportunity to defeat Rarity. The x1.5 AP advantage can definitely help, too.

Also, can people start voting, please? Both Lightbuster and I gave arguments, and this has been going for way longer than necessary

The clip is from a scene early on, and the fight that's the best translated from novel to anime. The other fights aren't as well translated into anime, or aren't even there. I've already linked some scenes from the novel to compensate that.
It's teleportation the way I see it, and the novel backs it up with the way the fights are.
If there's no evidence supporting that beyond your own personal opinion then it shouldn't be regarded.
There's no reason to think she can't use Ryuubi Gaeshi at any time, but it's closer to a one-hit-kill move , used during the heat of the fight, so not at the very start.
Well, there we go. As long as it gets used before danmaku, or before Rarity is forced to put up an omnidirectional shield, she has a wincon. Course there's the tiny little detail being that we have no clue which happens first. So, this at best is an argument in favor of an inconclusive. There's no point in arguing a definitive win or loss for either side, over an either-or scenario.
If you're implying that Rarity will have omnidirectional shield 24/7
I never remotely implied that. The only thing I said was that she didn't have to maintain it 24/7. As a way of saying she doesn't have to constantly put all of her focus on it, with no way to take a break and recharge without putting herself at risk.
I'm not convinced Rarity will be able to properly defend, even with her shields, considering the skill level, maneuverability and options Saras has. Even if the shields don't consume that much energy,
Most of those aren't nearly as great as you've been making them out now that I've seen them in action.
no way is Saras going to give Rarity breathing room to recover stamina or magic pool
Rarity has literally twitched her fingers and generated shields strong enough to overpower Applejack, who not only scales to a literally effortless 9-B+, but thanks to the influence of the Geode, has enough strength to appear superhuman in comparison to her classmates. Rarity has plenty of breathing room.

Plus, except for an omnidirectional shield, there's nothing in Rarities arsenal that she has to maintain. Making a tiny shield to push a single classmate backward isn't anything compared to making a shield the size of a trailer.
Rarity's profile only says her stamina is average, hers will run out faster than Saras'.
Rarity is a normal human being, hence why average stamina is given to her. The stamina doesn't refer to her magical stamina which is used to sustain shields, it refers to her physical human stamina. It has absolutely no bearing on her shields.
And since the shields can be damaged, this opens the option for Saras to break the shield, or at the very least pressure Rarity.
Erm, they were only damaged by Gloriosa, who has AP that absolutely ***** all over anything Sarasvati can cook up. She'll be lucky to break her sword on the shield.
As for before the danmaku happens, I've said my point enough times, I think. Saras will capitalize to any opening Rarity has or any mistake she makes. Considering Rarity isn't a combatant and has far less combat experience on the battlefield than Saras,
Irrelevant. Rarity has the tools to deal with her and defend against her, and speed equal negates the flash step.
nor does she seem to have the analysis skills
Do you even know the full extent of her analysis skills? Do you even know if said skills are even combat applicable? Otherwise, I really don't give a shit about them.
to contunously react to Saras,
Analysis has borderline nothing to do with having fast enough reactions to put up a shield.
nor does her profile list anything particular about her personality, intelligence and fighting style, if she even has one,
Aside from fighting style, none of these things are really relevant.
and Saras has all the options and advantages I already listed through text or links, or that exist on her profile, Saras has ample opportunity to defeat Rarity. The x1.5 AP advantage can definitely help, too.
Most of them aren't even the advantages you claim they are or can be countered with proper reflexes, or at worst are straight-up coin tosses in regards to how effective certain strategies will be. I mean, flight? I only saw it used all of one time in all the things you showed. She certainly wasn't using it in combination with "teleportation" to zip around the battlefield as you made it sound. Teleportation? Just flash stepping until I see otherwise.

Speaking of flash step, since I haven't seen anything that suggests it's true teleportation, that means the initial strategy of restraining her with a shield is back on the table. And since her flash step isn't true teleportation, that means she's not going to dodge it as easily as you claim.

Last edited:
Also, can people start voting, please? Both Lightbuster and I gave arguments, and this has been going for way longer than necessary
Now you know how I feel every time I'm forced into these threads. Almost all the time I'm the only one doing the arguing and responding. No wonder I didn't want to participate. This is just "Random thread Lightbuster's been asked to carry #100."

I'm sorry, but still, I feel like I'm the only one participating for the MLP side of things in the versus threads. Sure there are a few people who make comments, but in recent threads, I feel like I've been the one making argument after argument after argument, over and over and over. Just look at this thread for goodness sake. I'm the only one trying to make an in-depth argument for Rarity and questioning the other side.

Do you have any idea how exhausting and lonesome that gets? There's a reason I don't like participating in versus threads anymore unless I have to.

Last edited:
Ok, hate to make a third reply, but if we want to discuss combat in favor or Rarity, Rarity is actually pretty good at predicting moves and paying attention to her opponent. Take her fight with Vignette. Vignette had a phone that could absorb and then teleport people and objects to a different location when taking a photo with it.

That means Rarity would have to either A: Pay close attention to Vignette's fingers and respond in time with Vignette, or B: Straight-up predict when Vignette would go for the camera BFR. All I'm saying is that as far as combat knowledge goes, being able to predict more subtle movements is pretty up there, and certainly not something someone with no combat skills could pull off.

Last edited:
If Rarity has all the options and abilities and combat reflexes/experience you claim she has, which I don't deny can exist, then why is her profile so empty?

If Rarity has all the options and abilities and combat reflexes/experience you claim she has, which I don't deny can exist, then why is her profile so empty?
A severe lack of an proper update. The Humane 7 profiles are... not good. They don't even cover her most iconic ability: Forcefields. They just handwave it under "creation". Not a single mention of forcefields, or her energy whip she used to destroy Vignette's phone, nor how she could use her crystals for restraining purposes.

Her profile is just bad and so are the other profiles of the Humane 7. Applejack has a feat way higher than class 5 via the giant boulder she lifted and tossed like a basketball, yet not a single person has bothered to calc it, and instead, she gets her class 5 for [Checks notes.] partially lifting a bus. To say they need work is a pretty big understatement.

That doesn't mean the feats they've demonstrated don't exist though. The profile could say Rarity can't make diamond constructs for all I care, and I would still argue she could make them and why? Because the series has constantly shown us she has and the profile is objectively full of shit for saying otherwise. This is a hypothetical scenario just to be clear. Not saying the profile actually says this.

Last edited:
I'm sorry, but this back-and-forth is quite long.

Have any meaningful conclusions been reached which should impact my vote?
It seems to me from a glance that Sarasvati now has all the solid advantages.

Well, that's why you don't do things "at a glance". Making judgment based on that is how people jump to the wrong conclusions. I'm not saying my conclusion is the correct one; so please don't take it like that, but people really shouldn't be judging the points and arguments made by glancing over it. That sort of shit makes it very easy to miss important points or worse: Straight up misinterpret what's actually being said.

Well, that's why you don't do things "at a glance".
Which is why I'm not voting and asking for you or someone else to summarize the long argument you and GoldenScorpions have had.
I'm currently trying to figure out Naruto scaling, which is giving me enough of a headache as it is.

Having watched the scenes given to me Sara wasn't teleporting and zipping all over the battlefield being hard to hit. Her teleportation hasn't shown itself to be anything more than an anime flash step or a log substitution, meaning if Rarity lands a hit with the restraining shield, Sara's not going to just teleport and leave the restraints behind. Without Saras being able to maneuver around the battlefield as easily as claimed (She used her flight exactly once from what I was shown), it's going to be far easier for Rarity to react to her attacks or even land a restraining shield on Sara.

Furthermore, the fact that she showed she can generate projectile shields just by moving her fingers, means that she can very readily generate shields. Having an attack or form of defense that forms itself really fast and really easily is a massive boon.

Statements being made about Rarity not being skilled at combat or being analytical was also argued against in this comment. I honestly can't summarize the linked comment any more than I already have. Furthermore, Seras being skilled in combat doesn't mean she'll be skilled at fighting a barrier warrior if she's never or rarely ever fought one. She might've, but if she did, I don't know how that went down. Even then, Rarity doesn't need to be skilled in combat in the same way as Saras to use her skills effectively, which she has. Not all combat is the same.

If worse comes to worst, Rarity can just put up an omnidirectional shield and force a stalemate. It only needs to periodically be recharged and won't take much of Rarities magic reserves. Her shields have also been shown to be far more durable than what Sara can output.

On top of that, trying to put Rarity down via showing her back is really inconclusive imo due to this line of reasoning.
Well, there we go. As long as it gets used before danmaku, or before Rarity is forced to put up an omnidirectional shield, she has a wincon. Course there's the tiny little detail being that we have no clue which happens first. So, this at best is an argument in favor of an inconclusive. There's no point in arguing a definitive win or loss for either side, over an either-or scenario.
Honestly, with how long I've been arguing, I may have missed a few things. This stuff gets exhausting when it's only two people.

Last edited:
Honestly, with how long I've been arguing, I may have missed a few things. This stuff gets exhausting when it's only two people.
Usually, if I find myself in a back-and-forth, I simply stop myself after 2 or 3 replies. Otherwise, they can go for literally forever in my experience.
Whoever has the stronger argument is usually apparent from just a few replies anyways.

Thank you for the summary. I'll wait for one more response from GoldenScorpions (hopefully to this summarized version), then I'll compile my own thoughts and vote.

The anime fight I linked was only one fight, which obviously didn't contain every single possible combat scenario, move or technique she's capable of doing. Furthermore, the fight used Seraphim, the subordinate of Sarasvati to whom she's at least twice as strong and far more skilled. Light reached conclusions from a single animated fight, because they wanted a visual help to visualize the possibilities. They don't believe she displays real teleportation, I believe she does, and I linked parts of the novel to back this up. I linked other examples from the novel with scenes where more combat and battle techniques are showcased. From all those, Sarasvati comes out as a highly-skilled warrior and ninja, capable of fighting characters stronger than her thanks to her extensive combat experience and battle prowess. Saras managed to fight this character on a somewhat equal footing, who stomps Seraphim (the one from the clip) and who can create forcefields and barriers, so she has experience with that.

I will say it again here, but Saras's high maneuverability will help her avoid most, if not all, attacks and projectiles from Rarity. She can get out of restrictions if she somehow gets caught, and even if you don't believe in true teleportation, her substitution would do the trick as that's also a type of teleport. And even with speed equal, Rarity's projectiles will be hard to hit their mark. Saras also her regeneration and much higher stamina to help her fight should she get wounded. I also don't believe, despite Light's claims of Rarity's apparently showcases of combat awareness, that this will suffise to close the gap against someone who's basically an assassin trained from birth for over a century. I stick to my argument that combat experience is vital and one of the important aspects when it comes to VS debating; a gap in combat experience, especially like the one between Saras and Rarity, is a massive boon is Sarasvati's favor.

The worst case scenario for Saras is Rarity putting up an omnidirectional shield, which can force a stalemate. But that will only happen when Saras uses her danmaku, which she never starts with or uses early on. There hasn't been much argument on how Rarity can deal with quick, continuous attacks for minutes on end, like Saras spamming Tsubame Gaeshi, or using her skills in martial arts. Sure, Rarity can be put on or throw shields, but Saras can just as easily move around or to the side to strike from another direction, and she has the ability to continuously do so. Experience in combat, and fighting at least 1 forcefield user who was stronger than her, makes it more likely for Saras to get solid hits than for Rarity to block everything. Remember, we're going for what's the most likely, not what can necessarily work 100% of the time. Finally, if Ryuubi Gaeshi succeeds, which has worked on just as strong fighters as Saras (like showcased in a novel link), it's game over.
Sure, putting up shields doesn't need as much skill as using pin-point accuracy sword techniques, but I don't think that's strong enough an argument to devaluate Saras' own skills and prowess. At least before the omnidirectional shield, I'm not convinced Rarity can block enough attacks from Saras. And remember Saras's attacks can pack stat reduction if they land.

As such, I think Saras has well enough of a chance to beat Rarity before resorting to danmaku, which would force Rarity to keep an omnidirectional shield for the rest of the fight.

Sorry for the long reply. May have missed a couple things, but they're all brought up before.

For the last point of Light, I 100% agree. This back-and-forth arguing with only 2 people got exhausting, and unfortunately not very fun. I like debating, but this got really long.

The anime fight I linked was only one fight, which obviously didn't contain every single possible combat scenario, move or technique she's capable of doing. Furthermore, the fight used Seraphim, the subordinate of Sarasvati to whom she's at least twice as strong and far more skilled. Light reached conclusions from a single animated fight,
Well, exactly how else do you expect me to draw conclusions? I don't watch the anime or read the novels. If you're going to talk about how great her maneuverability is, I'm obviously not going to believe it when the only scene I was given was running at someone, trying to slash at them, then disappearing from view once or twice.
They don't believe she displays real teleportation, I believe she does, and I linked parts of the novel to back this up. I linked other examples from the novel with scenes where more combat and battle techniques are showcased.
Right, and I didn't believe it.
"Let's begin"

With that one word, Sera disappeared. At pretty much the same time, I felt something slice diagonally through my chest.
Of all the novelizations I was shown, this was the closest I was given to something akin to teleportation, which sounds like generic flash stepping. Anyone can disappear and attack near instantly. It happens literally all the time, so why should I treat this any differently?
From all those, Sarasvati comes out as a highly-skilled warrior and ninja, capable of fighting characters stronger than her thanks to her extensive combat experience and battle prowess. Saras managed to fight this character on a somewhat equal footing,
And did she overcome those forcefields? I can't even begin to imagine what "fight" entails.
who stomps Seraphim (the one from the clip) and who can create forcefields and barriers, so she has experience with that.
I need yet another demonstration. Is she a barrier warrior specifically? Does she spam them as projectiles? I know she can trap people within shields looking at the profile. Did she try that on Saras?
I will say it again here, but Saras's high maneuverability will help her avoid most, if not all, attacks and projectiles from Rarity. She can get out of restrictions if she somehow gets caught, and even if you don't believe in true teleportation, her substitution would do the trick as that's also a type of teleport.
No, it's not. Substitution as you've shown has never been a type of teleport. This isn't like Sasuke swapping places with an object thanks to magic eyeballs, this is grabbing a log and replacing yourself with it too fast to be seen as any other ninja has done. If you think it's genuinely blipping another object in place of yourself, then show me the evidence for it.
And even with speed equal, Rarity's projectiles will be hard to hit their mark. Saras also her regeneration and much higher stamina to help her fight should she get wounded.
No, but it does diminish the maneuverability, and Rarities is not much of a wounder. She's mostly attacked objects instead of people when she wants to get destructive. She'll be going for an incap over anything else.
I also don't believe, despite Light's claims of Rarity's apparently showcases of combat awareness, that this will suffise to close the gap against someone who's basically an assassin trained from birth for over a century. I stick to my argument that combat experience is vital and one of the important aspects when it comes to VS debating; a gap in combat experience, especially like the one between Saras and Rarity, is a massive boon is Sarasvati's favor.
If you were more specific with this combat experience and gave more than one scene to work with, then maybe I would actually care about it as a factor. Otherwise, I've seen characters with far more combat experience get the shit kicked out of them by comparable characters with far less, so in that light, it's really hard to give a shit about how much combat experience she has. This just sounds like another generic "Trained for x amount of years since kidhood" that I've seen countless times before.

I care immensely more about the tools each opponent has and how they can use them against each other.
The worst case scenario for Saras is Rarity putting up an omnidirectional shield, which can force a stalemate. But that will only happen when Saras uses her danmaku, which she never starts with or uses early on.
Absolutely not. The shield is going up as soon as Rarity starts feeling overwhelmed. Danmaku was just one example.
There hasn't been much argument on how Rarity can deal with quick, continuous attacks for minutes on end, like Saras spamming Tsubame Gaeshi,
Of course, I have given you one. You just argued it would never be used unless something like danmaku was at play.
or using her skills in martial arts. Sure, Rarity can be put on or throw shields, but Saras can just as easily move around or to the side to strike from another direction, and she has the ability to continuously do so. Experience in combat, and fighting at least 1 forcefield user who was stronger than her, makes it more likely for Saras to get solid hits than for Rarity to block everything.
And Rarity's going to what? Sit there and watch as opposed to putting up another shield or doing anything else in response? She can attack with her shields or restrain with them.
Sure, putting up shields doesn't need as much skill as using pin-point accuracy sword techniques, but I don't think that's strong enough an argument to devaluate Saras' own skills and prowess.
That was in response to Rarity's own prowess and skill being devalued.
At least before the omnidirectional shield, I'm not convinced Rarity can block enough attacks from Saras. And remember Saras's attacks can pack stat reduction if they land. As such, I think Saras has well enough of a chance to beat Rarity before resorting to danmaku, which would force Rarity to keep an omnidirectional shield for the rest of the fight.
Already pointed out above why this wouldn't be the case. There's no point in repeating it.

I'll also point out that Rarity having less combat experience and Saras having far more maneuverability only makes things worse for Saras. Rarity's still a teenager, and her lacking years of combat experience means she'll resort to the omnidirectional shield that much faster on account of not wanting to die.

I thought those previous posts were supposed to be our last ones.
Regardless, sorry, but I'm too tired to keep this exchange. I just want this to end at this point, one way or another.

All I'll say is that in the same way my interpretation of scenes and actions isn't absolute, neither is yours or anyone's. We both provided our interpretations of the material provided by the both of us, and listed our arguments and scenarios. We each drew our own conclusions; let's leave others draw theirs.

I'll keep making arguments and points up until the votes are done and over with, and all possible arguments exhausted/finished with. If you're done arguing fine, but I myself never said I was done arguing and making points. If old or new reasoning gets brought up by you or others, I'll challenge it again.

Last edited:
How long can Rarity keep the shields up?
Indefinitely via recharging them periodically. As said before, magic can reserves can go from empty to full in a manner of minutes, and maintaining a 9-B+ shield over time won't be draining on Rarity or her geode at all. She doesn't really have to constantly maintain the shields, they'll continue to stay up even when she stops applying magic to them for several minutes, even when her shield was under siege and being badly cracked/damaged.

As an fyi, Saras fought this character, stated to be one of the strongest characters in the verse, got pummeled and bloodied all over, and survived. Here is another scene for the teleport: Seraphim suddenly appeared out of nowhere inside the protagonist's house, without anyone sensing her; in the scene right before, she wasn't there.

Also, remark/question. Since both characters aim to defeat the other, Rarity is likely to not indefinitely keep her shields in defense. She'll make attempts to use them offensively to hit Saras, which Saras is more than likely to avoid or block. Those will be the most suitable moments for Saras to counter, suddenly get close and strike, which she definitely can do. If her weaker subordinate can do so with no effort, then Saras can absolutely can the same, and better.

And can you show scenes of Rarity doing those feats you're mentioning

As an fyi, Saras fought this character, stated to be one of the strongest characters in the verse, got pummeled and bloodied all over, and survived.
Alright, good for her. I told you already Rarity isn't going for injury or killing.
Here is another scene for the teleport: Seraphim suddenly appeared out of nowhere inside the protagonist's house, without anyone sensing her; in the scene right before, she wasn't there.
Yet again, I've seen characters do the same with flash step/speed. I'm still seeing nothing concrete for teleportation. If there's nothing concrete then I would immensely appreciate it if I stopped seeing it be argued. Either there's something solid and straight-up about it, or there isn't.
Also, remark/question. Since both characters aim to defeat the other, Rarity is likely to not indefinitely keep her shields in defense.
Rarity is still in character. If her tactics when feeling pushed is to hide behind a shield, then that'll be her tactics. Being in a versus battle won't change that.

Last edited:
Except her goal is to defeat Saras. She won't achieve that by hiding. And my links were to showcase Saras can fight far stronger opponents than herself, which Rarity isn't.

Here are some more scenes.
If there's nothing concrete then I would immensely appreciate it if I stopped seeing it be argued. Either there's something solid and straight-up about it, or there isn't.
You are the someone deciding there's nothing concrete. You are the one interpreting these scenes as not teleportation, despite numerous examples. Please stop pointing me as the bad guy just because you're refusing to buy into it. And can you stop being rude and passive-aggressive about not being personally satisfied with my answers? I'm not at fault if you refuse to believe what I say; meanwhile, you expect everyone to believe everything you say despite barely providing any visual or text showcasing of said abilities. Apply what you are accusing me of doing yourself before pointing others as incompetent of showing proof.

Also hopefully people actually read the debates and aren’t blindly voting.

Except her goal is to defeat Saras. She won't achieve that by hiding.
But she can achieve a stalemate. All the prompt does is make them engage in a fight. That's it. It doesn't force a character to fight to the bitter end when they in-character know better than that. It doesn't turn them into Anakin recklessly jumping at Obi-Wan. If she knows or thinks she can't win, she'll at least force an impasse between the two of them. She won't win, but she knows she won't lose either.
And my links were to showcase Saras can fight far stronger opponents than herself, which Rarity isn't.
You showed Saras getting the shit beat out of her by Chris. That doesn't scream "fighting a massively stronger opponent." How did she survive? Was it her own power? Some other influence? I don't know, it just talks about Chris battering Saras in their fight.
With that note you added at the bottom of the first scene, I find it much easier to see how it could be teleportation. Guess I'll concede to that bit
You are the someone deciding there's nothing concrete. You are the one interpreting these scenes as not teleportation, despite numerous examples.
Again, I've seen countless characters do the exact same thing without it actually being teleportation. Up until you posted that other link none of them have described it as anything more than "disappearing instantly". My doubt comes from how common the phrasing and the scenes are. Of course I'm not going to view it the way you do without more context.
Please stop pointing me as the bad guy
At worst, I am passive-aggressive. Never tried pointing to you as the "bad guy".
you expect everyone to believe everything you say despite barely providing any visual or text showcasing of said abilities.
I believe actually have for the most part. Most of the stuff I didn't show just wasn't relevant enough to show because it wouldn't be enough to influence the fight that much. Rarity versus Vignette? I know how Sara's had more combat experience, and since I myself wasn't interested in debating it, it wasn't really important. and wouldn't influence the fight in Rarities favor by much.

Last edited:
I'm voting Sarasvati.
Rarity's only good option seems to be stalling for incon, but she can't do that for 24 hours, especially since there's a small but existent window for Sarasvati to strike while they're recharging.

I'm voting Sarasvati.
Rarity's only good option seems to be stalling for incon, but she can't do that for 24 hours,
How so?
especially since there's a small but existent window for Sarasvati to strike while they're recharging.
No, nonexistent. Rarity can hide behind the shield while waiting for a recharge. This line of thinking only works if the shields go down while Rarity waits for a recharge, and I've said already the shield does not disappear when Rarity stops applying magic to it. She can simply wait inside until her magic comes back.

Plus, it took Gloriosa Daisy continually attacking shield to push Rarity to the point of no longer being able to apply magic. If it took someone of Gloriosa's power to force a recharge, a 9-B+ character of all things won't even make her sweat as far as stamina consumption goes.

Last edited:
Hmm. Good point. After looking over the arguments again with fresh eyes, I'm changing my vote to inconclusive.

Back