• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-B Monster Brackets Final Round

The rain poured down harder, lightning flashing across the cloud-coated sky as thunder bellowed and roared.

Down below, Godzilla-Kun shot down the remainder of the Lost Souls, the beam of radioactive energy tearing the flying demon asunder as the Pain Elemental backpedaled away. The demon was riddled in burns from both the kaiju's breath and his explosives. Godzilla-Kun himself was in better condition, though he also looked terrible; bite marks from the Lost Souls covered his body, blood flowing from the ravaged wounds and coloring his charcoal scales a dark red. Still, he was better off than his demonic adversary, and that proved useful for him.

In desperation, the Pain Elemental began to spit out more Lost souls to protect itself, but Godzilla was quicker on the draw. Just as the first of the Lost Souls began to exit the Pain Elemental's twin mouths, Godzilla-Kun halted time with his Sandglass.

Instantly, everything froze to a halt. The demons remained stuck in place, the raindrops floating perfectly in midair. Not a sound could be made, at least not by Godzilla-Kun. Moving within the frozen time, the small kaiju was quick to press his assault on his demonic enemies. Acting fast, Godzilla-Kun threw a bomb into the Pain Elemental's left mouth, the explosive landing beside the Lost Soul that was in the process of exiting the gaping jaws.

Just as time resumed, Godzilla-Kun fired an Atomic Ray at the throw bomb, the eyes of the Pain Elemental and Lost Souls widening with horror for a few brief seconds before the bomb detonated. Immediately, the Pain Elemental and Lost Souls were blasted apart in a fiery explosion of gore and death. Panting heavily as his wounds continued bleeding, Godzilla-Kun turned and walked away from the burning corpse of his foe, the falling rain making the remains steam.

In desperation, Magikarp lunged for Jibanyan with a Tackle, only for the Yo-Kai to counter with a hard punch to the face that sent the Pokemon tumbling backwards. Both fighters were battered, bruised, and broken, but Jibanyan had just enough to gain the upper hand.

Forcing himself to lunge forward as Magikarp attempted to recover, Jibanyan pounced upon his fishy foe, rearing back his fist to finish their duel. However, the bellowing roar of a nearby beast stops the cat short. Glancing upwards, Jibanyan took notice of Godzilla-Kun quickly approaching him and Magikarp. The kaiju, in his current state, decided he'd rather get rid of any potential threats now than deal with them trying to ambush him later.

Seeing this, Jibanyan quickly turned his attention back to Magikarp, the fish Pokemon now weakly struggling by this point. Letting his punches fly with Fists of Fury, Jibanyan pummeled away at Magikarp's head, cracking noises being heard as the Pokemon's scales were rapidly cracked open. With one last punch, Jibanyan crushed Magikarp's skull, putting the Pokemon out of his misery.

Right at that moment, Godzilla-Kun stopped about 4 meters away, letting out another roar. Stepping over Magikarp, Jibanyan simply glared at his reptilian foe, ready for one final confrontation.

Thunder roared in the heavens, the rain poured harder, and both monsters charged.

Current Standings

Hub

Godzilla-Ku, submitted by Christian Higdon, vs Jibanya, submitted by Starter Pack.

Fight takes place by the edge of a great lake during a rainstorm.

Speed equalized.

Both are bloodlusted.

Godzilla-Kun has only one of each of his items left.

Final Battle Theme
Godzilla Eva 13 Awakened form
Jibanyan S artwork

So then Godzilla can time stop IIRC and just wail on him for the remaining time that's stopped.

Though, I dunno.

Depends on the speed I guess. Even without timestop being used to it's fullest, since I doubt he'd start with it, Jibanyan is kinda screwed because his main attack is fire and Goji is resistant to that stuff so he probably isn't gonna be able to do much at all.

So I dunno who wins here, but if Goji gets enough hits in with that time stop, it's likely over with as the damage there can just hurt Jibanyan over and over and KO him.

Still not voting yet, but I'll point that out.

I had voted for Godzilla-kun because even without those power ups he's clearly stronger and resistant to those kinds of attacks that Jibanyan can push out

Whoa, hold your horses, fellas. I need to try to defend my character, don'tcha know?

Now, first off, Jibanyan will not likely use his Fire, considering they're in the middle of a rainstorm, and he would know that it wouldn't be really effective at that point even without knowing Godzilla's resistance to it. However, he is not resistant to Jibanyan's Inspiriting, which causes Godzilla to become partly paralyzed and slowed down. And this is perfect for Jibanyan, as he can then get in close and unleash a fury of attacks. Plus, Godzilla-Kun is currently assumed baseline, which makes Jibanyan's AP about 2.5X stronger than the nuclear dino.

The only problem I can see is Godzilla-Kun's Sandglass, which stops time for...fifteen seconds, correct? That means Godzilla is gonna get a whole lot of hits in on Jibanyan in his frozen state. However, due to the AP advantage that should translate to the Durability, the Inspiritment that will slow him down, and Jibanyan's ability to take a beating through years of getting hit by trucks, I believe he may actually pull through. Granted, he'll be severely injured, but he'll still be able to fight through his utter determination. Then, he unleashes a full-power Paws of Fury, which strikes his opponent many, many times at once, and I actually think Jibanyan will pull out just ahead as the winner.

So, with very high difficulty, enough to make this one of the closest matches of these brackets, I'm voting for Jibanyan to win here. And I am fully willing to defend this verdict if people contest otherwise.

Winner: Jibanya

Well, crap. Guess I'm not winning with all that.

I don't care if people switch or not, I lack faith in myself.

I actually find it cool that this is such a close fight, considering how Jibanyan's fight with Magikarp went.

One thing, though. How much does Godzilla's Heart heal?

Also, I just looked it up and I found out that Jibanyan resists Fire as well, so Godzilla's fire won't do as much either.

Actually you can probably calc Godzilla-Kun's rock destroying feat easily since in this continuity Godzilla and other Kaiju are the sizes of regular humans

Jibanyan, for Starter's reasons. That slow down and AP difference will really help the little guy survive the time stop onslasught.

@Christian

I mean, Godzilla is winning. And if Godzilla has any long ranged breath attacks, an even better argument could be made for him if one hasn't been made already.

inb4 he steps on Jibanyan due to superior lifting strength

I mean he has tens of meters of range with his time attacks so...that'd be a lot to worry about for little Jibanyan wouldn't it?

Back