• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A Hax brackets round 3

the more Tricky blasts 682 the less likely it is that he'd be able to damage 682 past its regen capacity

Plus 682 can just absorb the ground around it to regen faster

WeeklyBattles said:
the more Tricky blasts 682 the less likely it is that he'd be able to damage 682 past its regen capacity

Plus 682 can just absorb the ground around it to regen faster
Doesn't matter if Tricky blasts past the High-Mid threshold instantly, as tends to happen in bloodlusted fights.

682 can't absorb if it's past the point of combat-applicable regen.

WeeklyBattles said:
Article 682 has a feat of combat applicable Mid-High regen
Make a CRT. Article canon only has High-Mid right now.

Also Type 2 allows 682 to act when reduced to only 15% of its body mass so yes, it would be able to absorb matter even if pushed beyond High-Mid regen

WeeklyBattles said:
Also Type 2 allows 682 to act when reduced to only 15% of its body mass so yes, it would be able to absorb matter even if pushed beyong High-Mid regen
Does that 15% of body mass mean "Can act with 85% of its body blown away but with 15% being fully intact" or does it mean "Can act when reduced to atoms as long as at least 15% of its body mass is there" because these are very different statements, and only the latter would save it from explosion spam.

It means it can act with only 7% of its body mass in-tact (7, not 15, my mistake)

Not sure how an explosion that is barely above 682's own durability would reduce 682 to atoms

Effectively-

Explosives can reduce 682 far below 15% mass. Tricky easily one-shots people similar to 682 with explosives and guns.

682 killing Tricky will actually take forever. 682 isn't exactly a genius in combat, resorting to a violent frenzy. Which will be very bad at figuring out the complex methods of putting down Demon Tricky.

As the battle goes on, 682 is more likely to absorb a dead body. At that point, either he gets obliterated to the point of next to no body mass, or gets inverted into a dimension.

So either Tricky bombards with explosions and leaves not enough behind to regen from, 682 eventually absorbs and explodes, or 682 gets turned into Purgatory Realm Dos. All of these are more likely than 682's incredibly limited and unlikely wincons.

Yea, secure my vite for Tricky.

It wouldn't reduce 682 to atoms, just to small enough pieces to get past High-Mid.

Also can you link the calc for 682? And can any Madness Combat people confirm that this is the 9-A calc?

Agnaa said:
It wouldn't reduce 682 to atoms, just to small enough pieces to get past High-Mid.

Also can you link the calc for 682? And can any Madness Combat people confirm that this is the 9-A calc?
It got trumped by vaporizationlul.

Effectively, the scaling chain:

Jesus vaporizes people pretty casually, Base Hank is comparable, MAG Hank is strong enough to murder people similar to Hank and Jesus in a single punch, MAG Hank got upgraded twice, and Tricky in Purgatory is strong enough to keep up with the fully upgraded MAG Hank.

And they use guns and explosives that one-shot each other like, all the time.

682 is 340 Megajoules.

Tricky is >>>>>> 300 Megajoules.

WeeklyBattles said:
Tricky scales to 1.169e8 joules

682 scales to 3.40996e9 joules
Is the 682 result from the profile? Because it seems dodgy to me, is there a calc blog you can link me where calc group have accepted it?

Also, Tricky apparently scales to vaporization, which is 2.9e9.

@Pixel 7%. 682 can fight while reduced to only 7% of its body mass. 682 starts off as strong as if not stronger than Tricky due to the feats they scale to (Acknowldging Tricky's scalig chain) so Tricky is not going to be oneshotting 682, and even if he somehow did 682 just regenerates and adapts to be durable to the point that Tricky cannot harm him.

You'd need some damn good scans to explain how Tricky can survive a black hole.

682 in canon does not absorb dead bodies and has never done so even when given the opportunity to, so no, it wont.

Which wincons are you referring to that are unlikely or limited for 682?

@Agnaa You did that calc lol

It was accepted during the masive revision for the canon counterparts remember?

WeeklyBattles said:
So youre agreeing that Tricky isnt oneshotting
Massively superior to 300 MJ and one-shotting those people with weaponry such as explosions (the important party) and guns.

I imagine Tricky will lead with guns, figure out that's going absolutely nowhere, then switch to explosives.

So, no. I'm arguing the exact opposite.

Tricky has type 4/8 immortality. Whenever he dies he just appears again.

Agnaa said:

Tricky has type 4/8 immortality. Whenever he dies he just appears again.
Point me towards where its stated that the Halo can survive a black hole please and thank you

WeeklyBattles said:
@Pixel 7%. 682 can fight while reduced to only 7% of its body mass. 682 starts off as strong as if not stronger than Tricky due to the feats they scale to (Acknowldging Tricky's scalig chain) so Tricky is not going to be oneshotting 682, and even if he somehow did 682 just regenerates and adapts to be durable to the point that Tricky cannot harm him.
In what world is massively superior to and one-shotting 300 megajoules equal to 340 megajoules?

Also, 7% is... quite a lot, when being bombarded by every manner of grenades and launchers Tricky can create.

ThePixelKirby said:
Massively superior to 300 MJ and one-shotting those people with weaponry such as explosions (the important party) and guns.

I imagine Tricky will lead with guns, figure out that's going absolutely nowhere, then switch to explosives.

So, no. I'm arguing the exact opposite.
Oneshotting people weaker than 682 really doesnt help your argument my guy. If he leads with guns that just gives 682 more chances to adapt to be durable to the point that when Tricky does switch to explosives they wont b anywhere near strong enough to hurt 682

WeeklyBattles said:
@Agnaa You did that calc lol

It was accepted during the masive revision for the canon counterparts remember?
I did it? Seems weird to assume it was all destroyed in one strike, idk how that got past calc group.

Well, with all this new information, 682 black holes and wins, Tricky can't get around the regen fast enough to get past the adapts.

Point me towards where its stated that the Halo can survive a black hole please and thank you

For one, this is assuming he targets the right one. Tricky is mobile and constantly flying, and there's a lot of him. Animalistic 682 won't be caring about the halo until it's far, far too late.

For two I've never actually seen 682 use a black hole in main canon. So it's hard for me to argue it when I don't know how it's applied.

ThePixelKirby said:
In what world is massively superior to and one-shotting 300 megajoules equal to 340 megajoules?
We don't equalize one-shots between verses since we can't quantify them. One-shotting a 300 megajoules character doesn't mean you're stronger than a 310 megajoules character.

Oneshotting people weaker than 682 really doesnt help your argument my guy. If he leads with guns that just gives 682 more chances to adapt to be durable to the point that when Tricky does switch to explosives they wont b anywhere near strong enough to hurt 682

Oneshotting people... stronger than 682? MAG Hank is much superior to Jesus, unless your argument is honestly that "Vastly Superior = Less than 1.1x stronger".

Adapting to gunfire holes means jack shit to grenades.

We don't equalize one-shots between verses since we can't quantify them. One-shotting a 300 megajoules character doesn't mean you're stronger than a 310 megajoules character.

That is true. So, one explosive won't kill 682. Sure, makes sense. But it would be unreasonable to say the explosives won't do sizable damage.

Then, make dozens upon dozens of Trickys doing it, all at once.

And they keep doing it as 682 regenerates.

In a bloodlusted form, after figuring out bullets are actually useless against 682? That's naturally what it'll come down to.

Hmm, can all the Trickys throw explosives? How many clones can Tricky make? How quickly can Tricky throw explosive at his peak?

So, in the end:

If 682 gets CRT'd for much higher regen, then this is inconclusive (Assuming 682 stays in)

Otherwise, as it is on the profile, High-Mid isn't enough to survive being blown to smithereens until nothing remains.

Agnaa said:
Hmm, can all the Trickys throw explosives? How many clones can Tricky make? How quickly can Tricky throw explosive at his peak?
Tricky can spawn clones and Grunts with various weapons, and explosives have been used in Madness Combat before, though not often. Thus, I said he likely won't lead with it.

But in Bloodlusted forms, and after seeing very, very quickly that bullets and blades are absolutely useless, bombs will very much be the next resort. He's a skilled combatant, and any skilled combatant won't be stupid enough to continue using the same weapons that obviously don't work.

Give me a second to run through and see any uses of it in the main canon. I remember Tricky using a grenade launcher to blow up MAG Hank's head, but that was an Incident, which while they follow the characters and their personalities, aren't technically canon.

Agnaa said:
Alright, looked over MC 11. Yea, it does actually feature Tricky summoning unique weapons to counter Sanford: after Sanford mowed down a crowd of clones with a gun, he summoned two with large full-body shields, which iirc have never been seen before in Madness Combat.

Oh, and he summons an absolute **** ton. I watched a small clip, and saw him summon a total of twenty-five, one after another. Across the entire video, I could expect numbers within 100ish,

I just wanna get an idea of what's the max frequency, and compare that to my idea of how fast 682's Regenerationn is to see what would win out with similar AP/Dura.

Agnaa said:
I just wanna get an idea of what's the max frequency, and compare that to my idea of how fast 682's Regenerationn is to see what would win out with similar AP/Dura.
Well, in a bloodlusted state, Tricky will be less likely to dick around. Especially against a foe that ignores all blades and guns.

I can't give you much regarding exact speed, since similar to the shields Tricky summoned, they aren't his go-to weapons.

So, assuming we have ~25 clones hopping around in a reality-nonsensical gravity field, bombarding with grenade launchers, I imagine they could do it.

And the clones could each have their own grenade launchers? They're not pulling weapons from some hammerspace that could run out of grenade launchers?

Agnaa said:
And the clones could each have their own grenade launchers? They're not pulling weapons from some hammerspace that could run out of grenade launchers?
Literally every single one spawns with their own unique weapon in MC11. Usually these are swords and guns, since those are usually very effective against Hank and Sanford. Tricky occasionally just tosses out weapons onto the ground from nowhere, for no real reason at all. There has been no evidence of hammerspace, and if there is, Tricky has extremely deep pockets.

So yea, if Tricky's mindset said "Okay, I need explosives" he could just spawn his clones with varying explosives. Since explosives are not as popular as guns in Madness Combat, my best mental image is similar to the grenade launcher used in the Incident.

Though Tricky clearly isn't limited by weapons he's seen in the past, given the shields and some very unique guns/swords/axes, alongside creating entirely new entities/enemies.

If he can get that many clones with that many rocket launchers he should be able to spam 682 down.

Switching back to Tricky FRA.

Back