• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

9-A Hax brackets round 3

This seems like a decently high-difficulty fight. If Tricky makes the wrong starting moves, he can end up out-adapted and forced into Inconclusive.

One could argue Tricky wouldn't use explosives, but I don't find that a strong argument. Explosives aren't common, sure, but that's because explosives aren't very good at fighting individual people. And Tricky isn't limited by "what's common" since he can create entirely new and different weapons, alongside enemies never before seen in the series.

And obviously explosions are the best wincon here.

Naturally, 25 clones is an estimate. But I'd say 682 will have a much rougher time killing the clones than Sanford and Hank. Sanford and Hank had guns and weaponry, and The Auditor's buffs/weapons/help, and MAG Hank can physically defeat the clones very easily as well (Although the real, main Tricky can overpower him). Given that Sanford is just a 'lil below Jesus' and Base Hank's level, that means 682 won't be able to one-shot them, as they'll be only a little bit weaker than 682 himself physically. (Their weapons, though, will be more than potent enough.)

This will means that, rather than Hank and Sanford culling the masses as they soawn (With The Auditor ******* around and helping the two of them in the background, too), 682 will be surrounded by surprisingly difficult to kill, very mobile clones, who are constantly spawning, alongside contending with the reality nonsensicalness of The Purgatory Realm.

If the battle goes on long enough, I could see nearly a hundred clones popping up, as they'd spawn faster than they'd die.

Phoenix821 said:
682's Black holes seemed to be a last resort.
I don't think that matters much when bloodlusted.

I could see the black holes helping, but considering that Tricky is insanely protective of The Halo, not only would 682 have to incidentally target the right Tricky, but Tricky could chuck The Halo away and retrieve it later with Class K telekinesis and strength before he gets sucked in.

It's a win condition, but not as reliable given how animalistic 682 is in combat. Hell, iirc, a viable method of restraining or occupying 682 is tossing a body at him to eat. That doesn't exactly scream "genius in combat".

CinnabarManx421 said:
So... can Tricky resist his black holes?
Tricky can flat-out survive them. As long as he keeps The Halo away, he'll easily come back.

He also doesn't need The Halo to return to life- even when it was off his head and he got shredded to pieces by bullets, he still came back.

Not to mention, 682 would have to target the right Tricky. And given how Tricky is always moving around in combat, it's highly unlikely 682 would accidently create a black hole directly in the face of The Halo.

And even if The Halo is destroyed, I'm not actually sure if that wins the battle or not. Tricky was able to revive without it; it's important to him, surely, but it doesn't seem to kill him to go without it.

ThePixelKirby said:
Not to mention, 682 would have to target the right Tricky. And given how Tricky is always moving around in combat, it's highly unlikely 682 would accidently create a black hole directly in the face of The Halo.
682's black hole targets the entire area around it

There's gonna be dozens of Trickys flying around in the air. I don't think the black holes have a large enough AoE for that.

The black hole created ripples in reality that damaged the entire containment site 682 was in, they have more than enough range

"Damaged" doesn't sound like the actual black hole reached that far, but some damaging ripples in reality did. If those ripples just "damaged" a bunch of walls I don't think they'd destroy all Trickys and stop him from respawning.

Not to mention, that means the black hole wasn't actually a black hole.

An actual black hole would of destroyed a ton more. It's likely Tricky could Class K out of it, especially those farther away from the epicenter.

Agnaa said:
"Damaged" doesn't sound like the actual black hole reached that far, but some damaging ripples in reality did. If those ripples just "damaged" a bunch of walls I don't think they'd destroy all Trickys and stop him from respawning.
They killed 076

ThePixelKirby said:
Not to mention, that means the black hole wasn't actually a black hole.

An actual black hole would of destroyed a ton more. It's likely Tricky could Class K out of it, especially those farther away from the epicenter.
Its not an actual black hole no, its 682 tearing reality apart in a localized area, its not someting that can be physically overpowered

But it only killed 076 at close range. It obviously doesn't have 076-tier damage over the entire site, otherwise it would have done more than just "damage" it.

Agnaa said:
But it only killed 076 at close range. It obviously doesn't have 076-tier damage over the entire site, otherwise it would have done more than just "damage" it.
As well, iirc, the 076 vs 682 fight took place over a long time, so it wasn't a one-shot. As well, as Agnaa said, equalizing one-shots isn't really what we do. Best case scenarios, it can take care of a Tricky clone or two, but certainly not all of them, and certainly not the main one.

So, right now-

682's win conditions are insanely unlikely, as he does not have the intelligence and focus in-combat to actually go after The Halo, much less the offensive capabilities to get it.

Black Hole is moot, since 682's Black Hole is magnitudes below an actual black hole. If it's barely able to destroy one building, and Tricky's Lifting Strength is from another Halo user raising buildings, then Tricky could just fly out, or force himself out with telekinesis.

Tricky has a wincon, in bombing 682 past his regen. It's not easy, but it's far more likely than 682's wincon, and Tricky is more than capable of doing it, as well as the fair bit more unlikely wincon of 682 absorbing a dead body and getting inverted or blown up instantly.

I believe the votes are 2-1.

Yeah, it's definately suprising to see him lose this early.

Shame, too. I half wanted him to fight the Fortnite player

Im still immensely dubious to Tricky somehow atomizing something several times more durable than his AP right off the bat

If it doesnt happen right off the bat then its not going to happen at all. If Tricky leads with anything less than his absolute strongest weapons right off the bat then 682 is just going to adapt like hell to the point that its durability will skyrocket and Tricky's stuff wont even scratch it

I dunno. I was just more sold by the explanations for Tricky. Could be very wrong, but for now I'm guessing Tricky would likely win.

He doesn't need to atomize, jfc. Tricky just needs to reduce 682 to a puddle of blood.

That would be immensely hard to do to something with a durability that starts off higher than the AP of his strongest weapons and only gets more and more durable over the course of the fight

WeeklyBattles said:
That would be immensely hard to do to something with a durability that starts off higher than the AP of his strongest weapons and only gets more and more durable over the course of the fight
That is factually wrong, though. His weapons are above that of the dura who's above a pre-upgraded form that's far, far above a guy who casually performed a 300 megajoule feat.

Back