• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.
Alright then, it appears Lord Vile is taking it to Godzilla in our bracket, but it's not over yet. However, the time has come for the second round! On one side, the king of the sea, the Atlantian god, from the Spongebob Squarepants verse, it's King Neptune! (Nominated by Psychomaster35). And on the other side, hold on, we have a sudden replacement. The Vampire, the long named, hailing from the Monogati verse, it's Shinobu Oshino! (Nominated by Agnaa). Time for this to truly begin.

The rules are the same as last time. Mental limiters are off and speed is equal. Three, two, one, FIGHT!

KingNeptune
Oshino shinobu by yofenris-d6bwnxl
King Neptune (SpongeBob SquarePants):
Shinobu Oshino:

Inconclusive:

Ahh yes, the Monogari verse.

Nadeko's a 14-year-old girl who deluded herself into thinking a snake god was talking to her, then she ate a snake talisman and became a snake god!

as you can tell I'm pretty bad at writing summaries

Can Neptune's portal creation save him from temporal BFR that keeps his fate the same?

Temporal? Unlikely.

Whether or not that specific version of Atlantis is a different world is unknown, though if they just disregarded that city all together for Atlantis SquarePantis, then his portal creation won't do anything.

But how does Kuchinawa do this action of BFR? It doesnt say anything about how its done other than saying that it can take people to the past. Like, is it some sort of magic blast? A snap of the fingers?

We don't know how it's done. But most supernatural/god-done stuff is done by thought. There aren't really magic blasts or finger snaps.

Needing rituals to do things is more of a requirement for humans.

Well, we see that Neptune is much stronger, more durable, smarter, more experienced, and overall, the better fighter. Both are equal in range and lifting strength, but when it comes to abilities...

Well, Neptune pretty much rewinds the time for Nadekos snakes and possibly Nadeko herself, so.... yeah. He can also try to trap her in ice, so yeah. Voting Neptune.

The Smashor said:
Wait, are you telling me that this is thought based hax that results in an instant win?
That's why I asked if it was too strong.

I figured with all the seemingly other thought-based timehax in the brackets it would be fine.

The Player (Dungeon Crawl Stone Soup) has "Bend Time" but this isn't explained on the page.

Neptune has time rewind that simply needs the trident to be activated.

Merasmus can send people back in time, though I'm not sure if this is thought-based or not.

The Meta (Agent Maine) has timestop and brief time manip, though I'm not sure if this is thought-based or not.

Bunny (Bunny must Die) has infinite timestop and time reversal, they're abilities so they seem thought-based.

Kiritsugu Emiya has self-time manip (which would likely help with this temporal BFR).

Arcueid Brunestud has time manip that isn't elaborated on.

Eobard Thawne (DC Animated Movies) has time travel that would save him from temporal BFR.

And that's it.

But I do understand that many of these may not be thought-based, or that Nadeko's ability's counters might be too niche anyway.

The Meta (Agent Maine) has timestop and brief time manip, though I'm not sure if this is thought-based or not.

It's through a technological enhancement. Definitely activated through thought, but I don't know how quickly it's used

The Player probably needs to use an item and dosn't have it as thought based judging by the type of game their from (Though IDK)

Time Rewind isn't an instant win and is more or less just incredbily useful (It's not like you could rewind time to before of the fight and BFR that way, as that would also be self BFR)

I saw that comic. Merasmus needs to use portals, I'm pretty sure.

Timestop isn't instant win, espesially against some of the characters here. I assume the time stop has a "time limit".

Bunny has the same stuff as Neptune and The Meta

Timehaxing yourself is definately not an instant win

Yeah, that seems to be a theme on her profile

I assume he needs to at least run for a bit.

Time Rewind isn't an instant win and is more or less just incredbily useful (It's not like you could rewind time to before of the fight and BFR that way, as that would also be self BFR)

But Neptune doesn't rewind time for everyone; he rewinds it for specific objects, so it's not self BFR.

Timestop isn't instant win, espesially against some of the characters here. I assume the time stop has a "time limit".

Bunny has the same stuff as Neptune and The Meta

Bunny's time stop explicitly doesn't have a time limit, according to the profile. I'm not sure about The Meta's.

For everything else I've just got a "true" to give you, I was just running through all the time-based powers on the profiles, since I didn't look into their specific natures before submitting.

I edited it into my last post but I'll post it here again. I do understand that many of these may not be thought-based, or that Nadeko's ability's counters might be too niche for her to be allowed anyway, your call on keeping. I do have a less-haxxed backup.

Yeah, let's use the backup. Still, the Time Rewind for Neptune is also definately worth looking into.

Wait, does the Quasi-Vampire form have the passive mindhax that her first key has?

Nope, she has nothing from her first key.

Her relevant abilities are:

• Sword that instakills supernatural beings when it cuts them.
  • Can create a second equally powerful copy of herself
  • Can hide in shadows
Everything else is either not very combat applicable or is a very specific counter-hax (i.e. she can reduce her weight to get around gravity manip, time travel back to the present to get around temporal BFR, etc.)

Could Neptune be considered a supernatural being? He's a god, and in the Monogatari universe gods are considered supernatural, and could get OHKO'd by Kokorowatari.

Seems like it'd be sword spam and shadow dip vs freezing/rewinding.

it'd depend if he fits the characteristics of what Monogatari defines as supernatural

Agnaa said:
Seems like it'd be sword spam and shadow dip vs freezing/rewinding.
Anyone got an opinion on which is more likely to win? Since I'm not sure myself.

Kinh Neptune has small size to make hitting him hard and has range advantage, so it would be more likely that he lands his winning blow

He doesn't have small size on his profile. What type would it be?

Shinobu has thrown a sword from a large distance away such that it perfectly cut another (stationary) sword in half as soon as a clock struck the hour mark, so she has pretty good precision with these things.

EDIT: Here's a gif of that feat.

Well, considering that at default hes small sized, this is how small he gets. It seems like he is around 3 times the size of Spongebob, who is 4 inches. That would make Neptune about a foot tall.

B939D201-4B6E-41D6-8F00-FB015997E2C4

Yeah...

Are the trident's effects dodgeable? Could she see it coming and dip into a shadow?

Back