• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 3 (Tanya von Degurechaff vs Levi Ackerman)

Enemyairpower
Tanya via flight + range.

battle of the angry short people, i dont know or care who wins but i do know at the end of it lots of stuff will be destroyed, lots of people will be dead and i would probably pay to watch.. from several miles away.

WeeklyBattles said:
Levi has guns tho, missiles too
Levi has guns that work over maybe a dozen meters.

While Tanya flies 12000 feet in the air.

...What stops Tanya from outranging and obliterating everyone not named Crystal, again?

Moritzva said:
...What stops Tanya from outranging and obliterating everyone not named Crystal, again?
Are you implying flight is too hax?

And others have flight as well, so...

Im voting for Tanya via flight and range if that wasnt clear, which is something she always abuses

And forcefields to lower the damage if somehow Levi reaches her, which I find very impossible

@DT No one else in this bracket has flight other than Star Lord who can only hover unless he's in space

@Oblivion Tanya is baseline, or .25 tons, whereas Levi stomps people who are .44 tons, and his Rocket Spears oneshot people who are undamaged by his attacks. Her forecfields arent going to be able to protect her

I mean, uh, its still not hax, its just Tanya's main stichk

Heck, DT was the first one in the thread to pick Tanya, you guys chose to not pick someone with flight just because

WeeklyBattles said:
@Oblivion Tanya is baseline, or .25 tons, whereas Levi stomps people who are .44 tons, and his Rocket Spears oneshot people who are undamaged by his attacks. Her forecfields arent going to be able to protect her
My other point still stands

WeeklyBattles said:
@DT No one else in this bracket has flight other than Star Lord who can only hover unless he's in space
At minimum lux has flight as well. Haven't checked the rest.

So basically this bracket is less of an 8-C bracket and more 'how many people can Tanya nuke from orbit?'.

Not really? The only person here who can even possibly touch her is Lux, no one else can even put up a fight, not even Crystal as she's well outside her range

DontTalkDT said:
Moritzva said:
Are you implying flight is too hax?
And others have flight as well, so...
There's flight and then there's "I am literally multiple miles into the air".

If I remove Tanya, I probably need to remove Lux as well given that he also has large range + flight. (And isn't baseline building level at that)

Still, it seems very weird to me to ban flight since it's a common and not ultra hax ability. If the common opinion really is that flight users need to go than I will at most do that for this bracket. From next one on everyone will have to deal with it. Flight is simply too common to ban.

Hax is a simple mans term for an ability that gives an overwhelming advantage. Yes, nowdays it's treated more as "durability negation abilities", but still.

Not sure if we should remove her. I didn't name Han for this exact reason: he flies away, puts barriers between him and enemies, than homing danmakus. Not one hax in there, but hardly anyone except a few could defeat him.

WeeklyBattles said:
Lux doesnt spam flight and danmaku in-character
Unless he for some reason feels like staying close combat, I'm pretty sure he will have exactly the same advantage once he notices that the opponent can't oppose it.

And different than Tanya he can tank enough for that to be fine.

Lux will fly at best like 100 meters if he notices that (since he doesn't normally go higher than that) and he mainly attacks physically, so he needs to get close to attack (the main problem for the others will be Quick Draw and Quick Shot).

From what i recall Lux doesnt normally spam ranged attacks, he's primarily a melee fighter

Edit: Ninjaed

Tanya would be fine if the brackets were more powerful as a whole.

But we've restricted just about anything too powerful, to the point where Tanya herself is too powerful.

(I could give a little opinion on why Flight is actually deceptively haxxy/powerful in a nontraditional sense. Might, but I've got to go drive. Brb.)

Regardless, I don't know if removimg Tanya she just has flight, AoE and is baseline. Also, her durability is trash if you can bypass her forcefields which won't be difficult since, again, she is baseline.

@Ion No one can hit her, her being baseline and being 9-C without forcefields doesnt really mean much when not one person in this bracket has the range to be able to touch her other than Lux with Wyvern's flight

Honestly banning characters from brackets for something as basic as flight, range or the like really doesn't sit well with me.

Back