• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C Tournament Match 3: Flight is too op version (Azurill vs Levi Ackerman)

Don't charm and fake tears only make the enemy slightly less willing to pound the face of a cute thing in? It's not like it stops them from doing it...

Regardless, Levi just slings himself and Azuril around without giving it a chance to fight back.

Ricsi-viragosi said:
Don't charm and fake tears only make the enemy slightly less willing to pound the face of a cute thing in? It's not like it stops them from doing it...
Oh, I confused charm with attract. Yeah, in that case those are fine.

Won't Defense Curl + Aqua Ring allow Azurill to remain up-and-running and sustain Levi's attacks? It'd then just need to use water moves. I know Azurill is naive, and we're still using SBA

Oh, yeah, no. It's a Baby Pokemon, so despite the fact that it'll be primed for battle, it won't be nearly enough against Levi's skill and agility on his ODM Gear.

Voting Levi.

More in depth...

Useless moves (literally won't do anything except waste time):

Camouflage (unless it becomes ghost type, it's not getting much from enviroment), Encore (Levi would start by slashing it, and could finish the same way), Present (Levi won't open a present thrown at him by an enemy...), Refresh (Levi doesn't abuse status effects or anything), Tickle (...), Body Slam (It's no harder to evade than titans)

Counterproductive moves:

Soak (Makes Levi resistant to it's only ranged attacks), Amnesia (Letting down your guard to become more resistent to magic is not helping), Belly Drum (It's not really AP that would be it's problem here, but losing half of it's HP certainly would be), Copycat (Asking to be dominated in skill)

Stuff that is usefull:

Aqua Jet (Not too difficult to sling around tough), Future Sight (Takes time to set in, but really hard to dodge), Perish Song (Possibly enforces an inconclusive, but it can just be killed before that), Supersonic (IIRC it's shown to work in a beam for whatever reason, but not sure) and it's ways of self healing.

Still, Levi would just keep stabbing it. Hell, teary eyes wouldn't weven work after being stabbed in the eyes, and I'm not sure the little thing would even have the psyche to actually keep fighting when deeply wounded in the way a blade twice your size would do (I'm not talking about "oh no he's gonna faint!", I do mean dismemberment).

So voting Levi.

The real cal howard said:
Azurril isn't water type yet. Thunder spears don't help any more than anything else.
Also like...massive stat lowering is in play.
Thunder Spears were able to pierce the skin of the Armored Titan, which is far above other Titans in terms of durability. It's not a matter of type advantage as it is about piercing Azurill's skin and blowing it up.

Also, that's one of many possible things Azurill could do. For instance, if it decides to attack instead, it'll get killed first due to his skill. Plus, as I said, it's a baby Pokemon. A child, who doesn't know how to strategize as well as more adult Pokemon.

Honestly, more times than not, Levi will cut it down or blow it up with his Thunder Spear. Not much more I can say on that.

The real cal howard said:
Azurril isn't water type yet. Thunder spears don't help any more than anything else.

Also like...massive stat lowering is in play.
Okay? Thunder Spears are explosives, not electricity

@Ricsi Lets also not forget that Azurill's main source of mobility is its spring-like tail. The second Levi sees that, that tail is coming off

I mean, yeah. Levi wins. For sure. He just isn't having an easy time. He's used to fighting giant opponents, and his opponent here is like 8 inches tall. The literal opposite of what he's used to. Yeah I know he's fought humans before. Plus like...Muddy Water is super useful. Large AoE, powerful move, lowers accuracy.

You mean a wave of water? That Levi can just zoom right over with his ODM Gear?

OK.

Ive checked the AP... looks like you overlooked one crucial fact.

Levi is baseline (0.25 tons upscaling from 9-A+), and Azurill is 0.62 tons.

Going by the factors, Azurill could potentially spam some stat deductions to its opponent, then buff itself. While the process is long, its worth it.

7 votes for Levi, 8 if I count Weekly's comments as a vote for Levi.

Match is now in grace, and we can move on in the tournament.

I see. What is Azurill's ability in here? Because if it is Huge Power, that makes a great deal with AP. Stat Amps even help try to tank some of Levi's blows, especially stacking up Light Screen for the range, and Defense Curl for the defense. It should be noted that even though they are just baby Pokemon, it doesnt mean they are skilled enough to fight, in fact, they are still strategic to say the least.

Er, no. Baby Pokemon are, in basically all ways, babies. Small children, at best. Azurill is lacking in both the skill and experience in battle to deal with Levi, who has trained for years to fight against Titans and is gifted in that area as well. Not to mention that even its own anatomy works against it, since its tail does not remotely allow it the same lengths of agility that Levi's ODM Gear will allow.

Sounds like Levi advances. Next Match soon.

Back