• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C to High 8-C Tournament Round 1

Btw, I just want to mention that the normal Girros that GG summons also have the Paralysis Poison as well, so if they swarm him he's gonna have some difficulty.

How many can be summoned? Allen can still keep them at peace and oneshot them with weapons or hitting them with the robot.
(I'm not saiying they are useless, not at all, just that the both have their advantages)

Also SBA dictates that both start at range so Neil should be able to comfortably shoot and kill Great Girros and it's smaller Girros more often than not before they get close imo

They should start something like 1km apart from each other (following the maximum range of one of the two).
Allen on his mech also tends to not approach physical combat very often, relying on projectiles and ramming over the enemy only once in awhile.

1 km sounds kinda like overkill if I’m being honest. Also wouldn’t he have to get close in order to ram them?

Allen's range is hundreds of meters based on his profile, which is a comfortable amount of distance to start pouring lead, and a fair enough distance imo

Hundreds of meters vary from 100 to 1000 meters, we can find a middle ground with 500m, as SBA assumes the initial range is determined by the max range available to one of the characters, with a maximum of 4km.
Allen has hundreds as the robot shoots bombs and missile (the latter are also self-propelled), and we don't really know the exact range, but real life weapons have about that range.
And the machine gun he carries (but that doesn't use while driving the robot) is heavily based on one that reaches 1.1 km.

And yes, to ram he gets closer, but he mainly relies on shooting missiles from the mech's left arm and shoulder, and drop floating bombs from the belly.
Once in a while, he jumps back and rams over the opponent with a slide.

The GG can get closer by dodging while running or something, and by summonig allies Allen has to focus on more than one target.
But range is still an advantage, yes.

You can change it and put a set distance on the first post, to balance the situation.

Well that or lesser should be balanced, Neil still has his guns and whatnot to pour lead, but Great Girros should be able to have summons that distract Neil's attention while closing the distance.

Imo, 2/10 times Neil successfully kills Great Girros at range, 4/10 Neil barely wins at close range due to GG being damaged, 4/10 is the Great Girros opening with paralysis and/or overpowering Neil

I have to disagree about Neil winning at close range. Injured or not class 100 LS combined with rage power (he would definitely ve enraged at that point) would easily overpower and thats factoring out his paralysis venom

Last edited:
I think yes, it would be a fair distance.

Distracting Neil is useuful, but he is as, if not more, skilled than people who usually deal with many opponents at the same time, so they are kinda even with the things.

At close range he is disadvantaged, with monsters flanking and climbing on the robot, but he likely will act in order to keep the distance (as he does in the game).
If the situation gets bad, he can always jump out of the robot and fight normally with his machine gun and bombs, which still have the necessary ap.

The poison would screw him, though, I think.

This is a surprisingly fair match (I'd like more people to give their opinions, though :v

He only wins because he only has a little more damage to do after pouring lead. Girros would probably be on life support by the time it finally gets in its effective range. Neil should remain agile enough to get more damage done in the fringe case that he has to bail, but otherwise I see him pouring lead, but Idk why I'm trying to reason this when I already voted lol

Even when they are on their last leg monsters in the monster hunter universe can still fight fairly well so unless Girros is just a few hits away from death he’s gonna overpower neil.

Yeah but the mech is actually deceptively agile so Neil won't just stay in place when he figures out that the Great Girros is getting closer, remember that this is the case where Great Girros manages to survive the barrage of Neil's weaponry that I do think will kill him before he gets close, so Neil should be able to defeat Great Girros still, especially since he can keep launching rockets even up close.

Agile enough to be able to jump around with some good distance, so Neil could kite the Great Girros while still spewing out missiles and mines. Even if they are at melee range, Neil can still drop a dangerous amount of mines and missiles that will definitely hurt a lot of Girroses and the Great Girros themselves.

You can see gifs of the mech on Neil's profile. It isn't that great at walking, and relies more on jumping and sliding.

Yes but at melee range he’d have several small Girros and the big one on him at once. I doubt he could get all of them before one could paralyze him.

Also looking at the gifs, Neil only seems to use the mines and rockets in rebel Gigant which in comparison to himself are pretty slow and seem fairly easy to dodge. If he tries to jump away or slide, GG could easily cover that distance with a pounce.

Yes but while he's being blasted in the face with rockets and mines? He may be able to overpower him, but a constant stream of rockets and mines should be able to keep Girros distracted from his goal, long enough for him to actually die from them. Remember that in my scenario, Girros has suffered heavy damage trying to cross the distance and since Neil is going to go down swinging, so I split it a 50/50 fight with them at close range because of the Girros already suffered heavy damage trying to get close, and the fact that Neil can kill Girros while he is trying to get close.

We don’t even know if the range from his rifle applies to the missiles from the rebel Gigant or if he would even have a clear shot at the start. Also based on the gifs I wouldn’t really call the his attacks a constant stream. He attacks quickly don’t get me wrong but calling it a constant stream seems a little much.

Also looking at the gifs, Neil only seems to use the mines and rockets in rebel Gigant which in comparison to himself are pretty slow and seem fairly easy to dodge. If he tries to jump away or slide, GG could easily cover that distance with a pounce.
Yes, he uses them only on the Gigant.
On foot he throws grenades and uses his machine gun.

Them being slow is kind of game mechanics, in the series even bullets and such are sluggish , but it doesn't mean they are actually slow.

Same for the stream, for most of the battle he stays still without moving and attacking, but that's the game being easy, it doesn't mean he is that dumb.
The range can be assumed, but it should be comparable to real life rocket launchers and such, which have that range.

Idk, I'd be hardpressed to say that this isn't a constant stream. Though honestly at this point we're just splitting hairs, because O'Neill can and will get a LOT more damage off before Great Girros can get close to him.

Them being slow is kind of game mechanics, in the series even bullets and such are sluggish , but it doesn't mean they are actually slow.
Bullets being slow is likely game mechanics, it's the same logic we apply for lightning or gun feats in Souls and Bloodborne. It isn't the fact that the bullets are that slow, it's the fact that they're that fast.

We don't know for sure whether the homing rockets are hundreds of meters but they are homing missiles and it should be safe to assume they can go further because of their trajectory being cut close by the fight screen.

I mean, there's no reason to assume they have less range than real life firearms, which go from an average of 200-500 hundreds meters up to 800-1000 or more in some exceptional cases.

I wasn’t saying he was dumb and would just stay still. I was saying that his movement options based off what I’ve seen won’t help him much once Girros closes in.

I suppose I should have assumed game mechanics were in play that’s my bad.

Also he needs to see GG to lock onto him with the missiles correct? Once he starts getting hit he’s gonna go for cover and try to close the distance that way. He’s not gonna mindless run at him.

My bad, I didn't mean you said he was dumb, it was an example to outline how a character or object behavior doesn't necessarily mean he does that in a realistic scenario, and I agree that the movement options aren't that great.

When making matches with videogame characters it's always safe to consider some in-game behavior may be game mechanics, I'm sure you can find something weird and dumb even in MH made for the sake of the player.

I don't know if he has to lock on onto it, there's nothing to prove or disprove it.

Well if the missiles are anything like real world homing missiles then in all likelihood they must have to have something to lock onto.

Well technically speaking real world missiles don't usually lock on with a visual but by radar, so assuming Rebel Gigant has a radar, it should still detect Girros.

Though I feel like we're just splitting hairs at this point.

I still think GG takes the fight the moment he gets within range. Unless he’s only a few hits from death, he just paralyzes him once he’s and wails on him with his goons. I say GG takes this 6/10 times with admittedly Extreme Difficulty for the reasons I stated through out this whole thread.

I still think GG takes the fight the moment he gets within range. Unless he’s only a few hits from death, he just paralyzes him once he’s and wails on him with his goons. I say GG takes this 6/10 times with admittedly Extreme Difficulty for the reasons I stated through out this whole thread.
I agree with this assessment.

Back