• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-C to High 8-C Tournament Round 1

I see Allen taking this more especially if he has the Gigant here, since he has more options in hurting Great Girros, and Great Girros other powers don't work on the Gigant. I can see Allan and his mech lasting longer than Great Gyros with the AP/Dura advantage

I fixed the Girros link.

Okay so Girros is at a disadvantage here but I see a way he could pull through.

Rage Power, Paralyzing Venom, Summoning small Girros. His ability to fight while badly injured also helps a lot. He still fight with broken fore limbs, a shattered fang, and severed tail.

Rage power doubles Girro’s ap, dura, and speed and refills his stamina. This gives him a speed advantage and closes the ap/dura gap somewhat

Considering the fact Neil is exposed while in the Rebel Gigant, Girro could land a spit attack (which can also paralyze neil) but what really helps him out are the small Girros. While Neil deals Great Girro, the small girros could climb up to the cockpit to attack Neil (keep in mind the mini Girros can paralyze stuff too) leaving him distracted at best or paralyzed at worst.

I understand that the venom can’t effect the machine itself the but neil (who is completely exposed) can be effected.

Idk, Neil might power through it with his Supernatural Willpower, if what I'm seeing on the page is true, Neil should be able to power through regardless. We should call the guy who put him in for more info.

Ap, dura, lack of versatility. This is referring to Phoenk’s question about Girro’s disadvantage. Also rage power can amp the girro to 4 tons, still at a disadvantage but not nearly as much.

I fixed the Girros link.

Okay so Girros is at a disadvantage here but I see a way he could pull through.

Rage Power, Paralyzing Venom, Summoning small Girros. His ability to fight while badly injured also helps a lot. He still fight with broken fore limbs, a shattered fang, and severed tail.

Rage power doubles Girro’s ap, dura, and speed and refills his stamina. This gives him a speed advantage and closes the ap/dura gap somewhat

Considering the fact Neil is exposed while in the Rebel Gigant, Girro could land a spit attack (which can also paralyze neil) but what really helps him out are the small Girros. While Neil deals Great Girro, the small girros could climb up to the cockpit to attack Neil (keep in mind the mini Girros can paralyze stuff too) leaving him distracted at best or paralyzed at worst.
These are all really good points. Also, for the record, Monsters from MH are pretty smart for Animals so it'll notice if it's paralysis isn't working on the Mech and just aim for the Human.

If he tries to get into a Grappling Contest with Great Girros then Girros is literally gonna ragdoll him with it's Class 100 LS compared to his Class 5, plus from what I see on his Profile he has a Bad Habit of taunting which might screw him over though it also acknowledges that he's smart enough to not just try to face tank everything.

For all we know, Allen has superior lifting strength compared to the mech, since Metal Slug's lifting feat is supposedly of two guys lifting a tank.

It depends on whether Girros can get close, but it is very unlikely with the floating mines and missles. Voting Allen.

Ok, so, I don't know if I can vote, but I'll try to give arguments and answer questions.

Allen can also fight while badly injured, his willpower is what gives him immortality type 2 and regeneration (overtime and not combat applicable), as he can keep on fighting while contanstly riddled by weapons able to injure him and survive this (even though it likely incapacitated him).

The Gigant upscales from 4.7 to an unknown degree, as it is much more durable than Allen himself, and is able to totally crush tanks just by stepping on them.
The Gigant isn't exceptionally agile, but it can move normally, jump around and perform charges by sliding at "high" speed (there are some gifs on the tabber, if you want to check them).
While on board of the Gigant, Allen generally fights from distance, shooting bombs, missiles and charging only in some occasions, he doesn't go for physical combat. The same applies to him outside of the robot, despite his habit to laugh at the enemy, he's very careful at moving and dodging the enemy fire, not engaging in physical combat very often (he also is around 9-B with physical strikes and his knife).

About LS, I'm not sure, I never tried to request a calc for the Gigant, I wouldn't even know what to use a feat (maybe crushing tanks with a step? Not sure). Class 5 comes from him being at least superior to a single soldier, two of which can lift a 7 tons tank.

Also keep in mind that intelligence is a factor, Allen has fought in at least three wars and is the most skilled soldier of his army.

How would his willpower protect him against the Great Girro’s venom?
Can he stop the small Girros that Great Girros summons before one of them reaches him and paralyes him or GG gets a lucky spit attack off while he’s distracted?

Also if Girros does close the distance he could also drag him out of the mech which is something to consider.

I don't know how it would protect him, when I saw it said in a previous post I thought it was a weakness of the poison.

Allen O'Neil is canonically stated to be as skilled as the protagonists, if not more, and they are used to fight against multiple enemies from multiple directions since the first game, and they usually can be killed by a single hit. I don't know how many the small Girros are, but Allen should be able to keep up with some of them and dodge. How big is the Great Girros? The Slug Gigant is rather big, can move, jump and possibly shake them away of they try to climb.

The fact that he tends to fight from distance is also a factor, as it wouldn't be that easy for them to get close.
Also, regular Girros are 9-A, right? They should get easily killed by the Gigant (which is totally High 8-C) or by Allen's weapons if he needs to jump out of the robot.

Poison and summoning are still good wincons, but Allen wouldn't get defeated by them so easily.

How intelligent is the Girros? I think it's an animal, right? Not to downplay it, but can it understand that the enemy is Allen himself on top of the robot, and not the entire thing? (I think an animal can understand that, I'm not sure, but probably not immediately). (Nevermind, I just saw Soulofcinderr's answer to this question)

Allen could pour lead into him before he gets a lot of that off imo. Also Allen's supernatural willpower is ******* insane, as well as his regen. Since OP didn't specify range, SBA applies, putting them really far apart and giving Allen time to get his shit off before Girros gets him.

Allen's regen is overtime, though it's unknown how much it takes. He usually gets incapacitated and apparently killed every time, just to come back in the next war (he took him less than a year to recover from being eaten by the orca, but the exact timeframe is still unknown).

Is there a exact number on Neil’s range? Because if they start far enough away GG could get closer by using buildings as cover since SBA states they fight in New York. Sure he doesn’t have stealth mastery but once he realizes the range disadvantage he’s at he’s gonna try to avoid getting hit.

Also GG is surprisingly agile as well. He leap several meters if he wants to.

Last edited:
Range is tense to hundreds of meters depending on the weapon, scaling from real life. SBA makes the battle start in Central Park, not really in the urban side of New York.

Isn’t the park surrounded by buildings? Also depending on where the battle takes place in the park, GG could uses Trees as cover. That place can be surprisingly lush depending on the time of year. Also hundreds of meters is a pretty long ways either way so there is most likely plenty of stuff blocking them from seeing each other ranging from trees to hills at the beginning anyway.

The park is surrounded by buildings and streets, but it's also a very huge park, iirc. They also get knowledge of each other's direction and appearance. And I'm not sure of dense the trees are, the park isn't a deep forest, and Allen should have a good sight of the park, due to the Gigant being decently tall.
The season isn't specified, you can decide it if you want, as well as change location.

I don't think there's a specific more fair location, Central Parks seems good to me, it doesn't give any specific advantage or disadvantage to them.

Summarizing what I got (see the previous posts for details):

AP and Dura:

Girros = Baseline (2 tons), 9-A for the summons

Allen > 4.7 for dura, 9-A to > 4.7 for AP (9-B for him as a person), the robot upscales of a fair amount from 4.7 in both

Allen: Superior ap and dura, higher range + tendency to fight from distance, intelligence/experience/skill, the robot can't get poisoned,

Girros: Summoning, paralyzing poison, rage power makes AP and Dura closer and doubles speed, superior LS, more agile than the robot (I wouldn't know how to compare it with on-foot Allen).

Last edited:
It should be at least hundreds of meters, scaling from real weapons and considering that it comes from a technologically advanced future.

What's after this I wonder, assuming Neil wins this he'd have to face either Rathalos or Ciri. The next one should be a fun match to debate on.

One thing you forgot in the summary. Girros rage power makes his ap/dura 4 tons exactly so not quite even but definitely closer however the kicker is his speed gets doubled too

Last edited:
Back