• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-B Tournament Round 1, Match 4 (Remade): Gaara vs Shinobu Kocho

Status
Not open for further replies.
Btw Razor, would Kaneki vs Shinobu work? Because i'm planning to make it after Gaara vs Kaneki
Don't know much about Kaneki. But just from reading his profile alone it looks like Kaneki stomps, He sounds very mobile, Acrobatic, He has low-mid regen, RPL, Poison, all in his very first key. Even if you use the earlier Key of Kaneki, Unless Shinobu one shots, theres no way for shinobu to win

Don't know much about Kaneki. But just from reading his profile alone it looks like Kaneki stomps, He sounds very mobile, Acrobatic, He has low-mid regen, RPL, Poison, all in his very first key. Even if you use the earlier Key of Kaneki, Unless Shinobu one shots, theres no way for shinobu to win
Damn, she's really weak than i thought

Yeah its just that in verse her biggest thing is poison but that doesn't work on most people. Maybe if you unequalize speed it'd be fairer, As she will have a good speed advantage, But I still don't see her bypassing his regen and kaneki would eventually be able to grapple her and by that point its over due to her lackluster LS

Same here, so i can't tell much

It's grace so there is nothing much to debate now (especially it's an decisive win)

Should have picked up Rengoku or Mitsuri if Shinobu is that weak feelsbadman
Funnily enough I think rengoku would have an easier time dodging gaara's attacks than shinobu does, Rengoku should be much stronger, more versatile, able to dodge attacks easier than shinobu, He can probably pull of a win against gaara but I'd still say Gaara wins most of the times. Mainly due to sand coffin

Hehehe, I was too late.

Doesnt Gaara’s sand armor scale way above the 8-B for Naruto 8-Bs. Lee can do some damage to it but it was still somewhat intact after the beat down from 4th Gate Lee so I don’t really see Shinobu getting past the armor to poison him. Plus speed equalised means that his auto sand would help block her hits as well. Once her sword hits the sand, he pins with superior lifting and squishes.
To add to this point, the Sand Armor that withstood attacks from 4th Gate Lee was actually directly stated to be far less durable than the automatic sand shield.
Considering that the 1st Gate alone is a 5x multiplier, a legit case can be made for the Sand Shield to be 8-A, since 1st Gate Lee would be around 93 tons.

But yeah, anyway, Gaara FRA.

Hehehe, I was too late.

To add to this point, the Sand Armor that withstood attacks from 4th Gate Lee was actually directly stated to be far less durable than the automatic sand shield.
Considering that the 1st Gate alone is a 5x multiplier, a legit case can be made for the Sand Shield to be 8-A, since 1st Gate Lee would be around 93 tons.

Holy heck then by that case none of the combatants here can't bypassing the sand shield if the durability of it can withstand an attacks with 93 tons power

For future Shinobu matches outside of this tournament (or maybe in it if Gaara stomps the tournament) it might be a good idea to give her prep time so she can make a poison that works on humans, idk if the current one does but probably not.

Btw contact me for any eventual DS CRTs when they come out or if you need help making them.

Last edited:
Hehehe, I was too late.

Wasn’t there a statement from Lee or smth that said some of the later gates he has access to are a dozen(s) times multiplier? Might be too strong in general for the tourney tbh.

Sadly if his sand shield can withstand such of that power, he must be disqualified as these tourney only welcomed a chars that sit around 83 tons or below

Gaara is pretty much a walking fortress here

Wasn’t there a statement from Lee or smth that said some of the later gates he has access to are a dozen(s) times multiplier? Might be too strong in general for the tourney tbh.
Yeah, there is a statement about that, but iirc it's referring to the Eight Gates Formation as a whole.
Atm the 1st Gate is only accepted as a 5x multiplier, with the other gates being unquantifiably above it.

I'll give the Shinobu arguments:

Doesnt Gaara’s sand armor scale way above the 8-B for Naruto 8-Bs. Lee can do some damage to it but it was still somewhat intact after the beat down from 4th Gate Lee so I don’t really see Shinobu getting past the armor to poison him. Plus speed equalised means that his auto sand would help block her hits as well. Once her sword hits the sand, he pins with superior lifting and squishes.
The Sand Armor is used as a last resort when Gaara decides to play defense; Lee was able to injure him before Gaara decided to activate it, and would've delivered more hits if he had longer reach. Sand Armor is also stated to have less defensive power than Sand Shield, so it seems more of a matter of Sand Armor regenerating and preventing direct hits.

Lee manage to peel lots of the Sand Armor at base, and piercing attacks with a rapier should have an easier time bypassing the peeling process.
0083-004.png
0083-006.png

Shinobu can push past her limit to a speed where she can comfortably blitz. She went from being crippled against someone who playfully attacks faster than she could see:
0142-011.png
0142-014.png
0142-015.png

To moving too fast to track when she should be crippled from her injuries:
0142-016.png
0142-017.png
0142-018.png

If Shinobu believes moving faster is the only way to win and survive, she can push herself to move much faster.

Base Lee had no issue pulling his limbs back, and Shinobu is accoustmed to using rapid stabs against demons with greater lifting strength.
0082-023.png

Doesn't poison get rendered useless here because shinobu's poison only works on demons or does verse equalization cover that?
Wisteria in real life is poisonous if consumed by humans, so getting directly injected by it sounds really dangerous. Demons telepathically share poison mixtures used against them to adapt to them in advance, so Shinobu constantly creates new mixtures and switches them with her sheath; she has control which mixture is applied since she can purposely switch to a painless poison, so she properly can switch to a mixture that is extra-deadly to humans.
Also, without regeneration a good stab is all it takes regardless of poison.

Yeah but Lee is far more agile and was still getting tagged by Gaara, despite his speed amps and his acrobatics. She can't even hit him with her poison cause of his sand armor and sand auto blocking
Lee only got tagged after receiving the backlash from opening the Gates which momentarily incapitated him, otherwise he had no issue dodging Gaara's attacks. Doma's Freezing Clouds has better AoE than the sand, but Shinobu is able to evade it.

Also before anyone brings up Shinobu's aura, It's pretty garbage tier, The only instance I remember where shinobu had her aura showcased was against a fodder demon and even then that said demon didn't even get paralyzed or anything, She just got scared, Gaara being cold blooded should be unfazed by that
Doesn't mean it was used to its full extent; she only showcased it for a moment and then immediately stopped it, and for that moment it stopped the demon's breath and made her want to curl up in fear.
0041-009.png
0041-010.png
0041-011.png

She should scale above this demon:
0116-020.png
0116-021.png

Why would Irl wisteria matter when wisteria in the demon slayer verse is literally not lethal to regular humans? Shinobu literally filled a portion of her body weight with poison, And in the final selection tanjiro was able to go to an area filled with wisteria trees where he was able to walk with no problem and even touch the flowers but its a safe spot because demons wouldn't be able to go there.

Alright? It still shouldn't affect gaara that much due to his personality and all, also why the hell would shinobu's aura upscale from zohakuten and even then by feats, Shinobu's aura is on the low end in the corps. Her best feat with her aura is scaring a demon much weaker than her.

Oh also Shinobu pushing her limits to that extent is also misinformation, Douma was not at all blitzing her at any Point in the fight, In fact at the very start of the fight before injuries she massively outspeed him two times.

Wisteria in real life is poisonous if consumed by humans, so getting directly injected by it sounds really dangerous. Demons telepathically share poison mixtures used against them to adapt to them in advance, so Shinobu constantly creates new mixtures and switches them with her sheath; she has control which mixture is applied since she can purposely switch to a painless poison, so she properly can switch to a mixture that is extra-deadly to humans.
... if she has one. Which we don't know.

Shinobu should be "At most 8-B", what she did against Doma was the peak of her strength. Earlier Doma was beating her while playing

Shinobu's 8-B Justification is possibly the most wack one I've seen out of the DS profiles. So she's scaled above giyu out of one statement when it was already stated she's the weakest hashira physically, Plus giyu being able to restrain her casually and giyu being able to decapitate a demon whilst shinobu can't 8-B is stretching it imo.

Also if her justification comes from her poison being able to do stuff to douma then thats still wack since she literally had to kill herself to achieve that, She couldn't just lace her sword with like what 37 kilograms of poison So theres a cap on how much poison she can actually use without having to kill herself.

To be honest that "Shinobu can't cut necks" shit is the most ridiculous thing in the verse apart from Demon Tanjiro

She literally managed to cut Doma's body open and throw him against the wall

I mean that prolly refers to high level demons, It'd be hilarious (and completely wrong) if she couldn't cut the necks of non kizuki demons

To be honest that "Shinobu can't cut necks" shit is the most ridiculous thing in the verse apart from Demon Tanjiro

She literally managed to cut Doma's body open and throw him against the wall
Nah the most ridiculous thing in the series is gotogue ranking tengen above sanemi and rengoku in strength

Again, DS massive overhaul/clean up really needed

Honestly if peoples didn't focused on Tanjiro and Muzan, the current DS profiles aren't gonna be this whack

Wait actually scratch this, iirc sasuke scare him when he pierced through his skin
No, not quite. He just panicked because it was the first time he got injured in his life. Shukaku almost took him over then, but he later got over it and came to actually welcome the Pain towards the end of their fight.

Why would Irl wisteria matter when wisteria in the demon slayer verse is literally not lethal to regular humans? Shinobu literally filled a portion of her body weight with poison, And in the final selection tanjiro was able to go to an area filled with wisteria trees where he was able to walk with no problem and even touch the flowers but its a safe spot because demons wouldn't be able to go there.
I said poisonous when consumed/eaten, not poisonous when touched. Injecting it directly into the body should be dangerous for humans regardless.
Shinobu making Wisteria poison circulate through her body is a process that takes over a year, with unknown side effects. So it is not like a random person can drink up the Wisteria poison. Tengen ninja training involve building up resistance to poison, and it is likely the Shinobu the poison expert knows method to raise her poison resistance as well.

Alright? It still shouldn't affect gaara that much due to his personality and all, also why the hell would shinobu's aura upscale from zohakuten and even then by feats, Shinobu's aura is on the low end in the corps. Her best feat with her aura is scaring a demon much weaker than her.
Even people who normally wouldn't be afraid get affected, so feats are required. Also, Gaara had a mental brakedown that temporarily left him barely able to stand for getting a shoulder injury.
The databook mentions overwhelming people through Battle Spirit (which looks like aura), and Battle Spirit scale to strength; scaling wise Shinobu would shrugg-off Zohakuten's aura like Mitsuri.

Gaara himself has feats of frightening people weaker than him with his bloodlust, so yeah at best it should even out.
I only recall people being frightened by his brutality, rather than Orochimaru/Zabuza style bloodlust. Is there a scan or reference for that?

Oh also Shinobu pushing her limits to that extent is also misinformation, Douma was not at all blitzing her at any Point in the fight, In fact at the very start of the fight before injuries she massively outspeed him two times.
Both failed attempts to outspeed him.

Shinobu thought she outsped him but turns out that she was too slow.
0141-006.png
0141-007.png

She thought she outsped him, but he casually cuts her faster than she can see.
0142-007.png
0142-008.png

Supposedly the author makes a it possible to deliver powerful strikes without much arm strength using technique 🤷‍♂️. I'll chalk it to breathing magic.
cd501a81-eb1b-435b-ba4d-f83332f337db

I said poisonous when consumed/eaten, not poisonous when touched. Injecting it directly into the body should be dangerous for humans regardless.
Being consumed =/= being injected into the bloodstream, real life venom is usually one or the other. For example, snake poison is safe to drink. Plus, wisteria isn't deadly anyway, it's just gonna make you sick.
Even people who normally wouldn't be afraid get affected, so feats are required.
Uh, no? That's not the default assumption and KnY aura has no showings of working on people who wouldn't have a very real reason to be afraid of the user, as far as I know.

Last edited:
Supposedly the author makes a it possible to deliver powerful strikes without much arm strength using technique 🤷‍♂️. I'll chalk it to breathing magic.
cd501a81-eb1b-435b-ba4d-f83332f337db
I doubt that this was about delivering powerful strikes using technique. It should be pretty obvious that technique can be a major contributor for combat alongside strength, so chalking that up to some kind of "magic" is unnecessary.

Status
Not open for further replies.
Back