• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A Tournament Round 1, Match 1 (Pikachu VS Blade Wolf)

Speed: Sub-Relativistic (Can fight on equal footing with Raiden in his upgraded cyborg frame and Jetstream Sam), at least Sub-Relativistic with Blade Mode (Should be comparable to Raiden in speed, as it functions the same way)
?
I don't see statistics amplification on the profile though... anyway from Raiden's POV Blade Wolf was moving real god damn slow during his blade mode if Blade Mode was ever used on Wolf's end, so the 2x speed dealing with still applies

the same scenario as before plays out, the electric mouse Pokémon gets stealth killed because Blade Wolf ninjas around people with enhanced senses on a daily and Pikachu, while he can amp himself, he can't really do much about Blade Wolf's stealth unless he burns down Central park with his lightning, something that is both OOC and detrimental to Pikachu's health. And yes, a 4x speed amp is scary, I dont know how often Pikachu actually uses Agility in-character, since he won't even know where Blade Wolf is and the ladder can just decapitate Pikachu with a stealth kill.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to imagine Blade Wolf decapitating Ash's Pikachu for a bit...

the same scenario as before plays out, the electric mouse Pokémon gets stealth killed because Blade Wolf ninjas around people with enhanced senses on a daily and Pikachu, while he can amp himself, he can't really do much about Blade Wolf's stealth unless he burns down Central park with his lightning, something that is both OOC and detrimental to Pikachu's health. And yes, a 4x speed amp is scary, I dont know how often Pikachu actually uses Agility in-character, since he won't even know where Blade Wolf is and the ladder can just decapitate Pikachu with a stealth kill.

Now if you'll excuse me I'm going to imagine Blade Wolf decapitating Ash's Pikachu for a bit...
Pikachu is in the sam IQ group as Marill meaning it also has instinctive reaction in regards to passively dodging instant kill attacks so uh...

Also scans of Wolf getting past stealth-sensing characters? I dont recall that being a thing

Pikachu is in the sam IQ group as Marill meaning it also has instinctive reaction in regards to passively dodging instant kill attacks so uh...
Then pika pika is out of out of the tournament tournament if you make a CRT CRT, before you say it Marill still stomps most people in the tournament.

Also scans of Wolf getting past stealth-sensing characters? I dont recall that being a thing

Do that after the bracket, at least. Plus, isnt this from Mystery Dungeon which we are deeming non-canon?

Stealth-sensing? If you mean going invisible Blade Wolf doesn't do that in-character. But Blade wolf ninjad around Raiden who has a lot of expierience with stealth and dealing with stealth if that counts...

Stealth-sensing? If you mean going invisible Blade Wolf doesn't do that in-character. But Blade wolf ninjad around Raiden who has a lot of expierience with stealth and dealing with stealth if that counts...
Okay but Raiden wasnt actively looking for him, whreas its in a wild pokachu's nature to use its tail as a form of radar by sending out faint electrical signals into its surroundings to detect danger, and seeing as Wolf is both mechanical and uses electricity he would light up like a christmas tree the second he gets anywhere near pikachu

Okay but Raiden wasnt actively looking for him, whreas its in a wild pokachu's nature to use its tail as a form of radar by sending out faint electrical signals into its surroundings to detect danger, and seeing as Wolf is both mechanical and uses electricity he would light up like a christmas tree the second he gets anywhere near pikachu
Ah okay, that makes sense, Blade Wolf should be more skilled though

Hes definitely more skilled but how much is skill going to help when your opponent can just repeatedly nuke the battlefield and amp themselves to absurd levels?

Hes definitely more skilled but how much is skill going to help when your opponent can just repeatedly nuke the battlefield and amp themselves to absurd levels?
By killing the one doing it, Pikachu is not that hard to hit with his current profile right now, and I don't know what Pikachu does in-character, I have very limited expierience with Ash's Pikachu, thats it.

By killing the one doing it, Pikachu is not that hard to hit with his current profile right now, and I don't know what Pikachu does in-character, I have very limited expierience with Ash's Pikachu, thats it.
Implying Pikachu would just stand there and allow itself to be hit...?

Such as? Raiden kicked Wolf's ass and i dont recall anyone else who wolf woul have fought that uses dodging a lot
Insert shit-eating grin meme here, while Sam also kicked Wolf's ass lol, also if I recall the fodder Cyborgs that Blade Wolf in turn fodderizes are experienced martial artists who also use CQC

Yeah but that doesnt make them experts in dodge tactics especially when literally every major character in the verse fodderizes them, plus if we wanted to treat xpert martial artists as being master dodgers, pikachu is able to compete with pokemon like machoke and a bunch of other mid-tier fighting types that are all master martial artists

Yeah but that doesnt make them experts in dodge tactics especially when literally every major character in the verse fodderizes them, plus if we wanted to treat xpert martial artists as being master dodgers, pikachu is able to compete with pokemon like machoke and a bunch of other mid-tier fighting types that are all master martial artists
True, but there is one, huge, glaring problem here: You have not said how Pikachu fights in-character.

True, but there is one, huge, glaring problem here: You have not said how Pikachu fights in-character.
Electric attacks and mobility

Should also note that in-canon wild pikachu's first instinct when faced with something new or something threatening them is to electrocute it

Electric attacks and mobility

Should also note that in-canon wild pikachu's first instinct when faced with something new or something threatening them is to electrocute it
electric attacks does not give me much to work on when like 75% of what Pikachu can do is just electric attacks

I think those are dodgable, but this is really can Pikachu kill Blade Wolf through his type 2 before the ladder lands a solid hit on him.
Given that wolf is weak to emps being hit with a strong electrical attack would more than likely fry him, plus Pikachu has undodgabl AoE attacks like Discharg to fall back on if Wolf manages to prov too hard to hit with its standard electric attacks

Oh i didnt even see that it ha prior knowledge yeah that would tip the scales even further into its favor

By prior knowledge about Blade Wolf durability negating, Pikachu would buff itself with Agility and Nasty Plot to the highest they could get before proceeding to use any Special move to oneshot Blade Wolf. Not to mention how the fact it applies Double Team makes it even harder to hit.

If they both have Prior Knoweldge then what's stopping Blade Wolf from going invisible and then rushing Pikachu while he's activating his Buffs to Blitz with Blade Mode?

Pikachu being able to detect him and nuking the battlefield with Discharge
And this would kill the same cyborg dog who has comperable tech to Raiden why? This ain't some normal ass robot/cyborg, if he was weak to electricity it would be stated on the profile, EMPs focus far more on magnetism then electricity

And this would kill the same cyborg dog who has comperable tech to Raiden why? This ain't some normal ass robot/cyborg, if he was weak to electricity it would be stated on the profile, EMPs focus far more on magnetism then electricity
Cool? Pikachu's electricity is noted to function like an EMP, shorting out electronic devices and technology if it gets too close

Oh yeah, that has AoE. That just makes Pikachu only needing to Discharge twice before Blade Wolf gets to it and finally oneshot.

Oh yeah, that has AoE. That just makes Pikachu only needing to Discharge twice before Blade Wolf gets to it and finally oneshot.
Type 2 immortality rears its ugly head and says hi
Cool? Pikachu's electricity is noted to function like an EMP, shorting out electronic devices and technology if it gets too close
Even really good EMPs like the ones Raiden are packing barely short out Blade Wolf for 3 seconds at most, and MGR doesn't have some normal everyday EMPs even considering how much further in tech then us MGR is.

Type 2 immortality rears its ugly head and says hi

Even really good EMPs like the ones Raiden are packing barely short out Blade Wolf for 3 seconds at most, and MGR doesn't have some normal everyday EMPs even considering how much further in tech then us MGR is.
Unless Raiden's EMPs give off enough electrical energy to power or knock out a city thats not really a viable comparison

Back