• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A Tournament "Resurgence From Failure" Round 1- Match 12: Shockwave vs Atsuta Yukihito

ALTERNATE TITLE: WHO EVEN THE F*** IS THIS NEW GUY?

Hey guys, @Veloxt1r0kore here and welcome back to another WWE-Sunday-Smackrumbleverse-2022, stay tune to another episode after i yeeted my so-#having a breakdown
On this match in the same place (Pentagon, screw you Biden!) because i'm lazy right now, a place that has been damaged#vineboom, ravaged like my father whip me with his belt, a former battlefied where an space samurai cyborgpunk 2077 has mutilated a f***ing trash Primus to oblivion, a new fighters has arrived here
The Mecha Bowser and his pet, the D̸̡̢̨̨̠̣̙̞̲͖̦̼͇̞̙̗͔̪͂̅͜ṳ̴̧̢̹̙̼̩̮̙̬̱̩̙͈̫͎͚̠̂̏̋̉͗̓̉̕n̷̳̝̝̣͑́̏͛̅̍̿̈́͌̉͒̀̇̑́̌̈́̀̃̿̀̊̿̄̾̑̾͘͝ȩ̶̛͕̮̱̪̫͓̳͖̣̪̥̬̔̉̇̋͋̉͐̌̈́̋͑͗̽́̒͌̓͋̈́̚̕͘̚̕͠͝͠ ̶̧̨̨̢̧̛̛͓̗͖̗̪̠̦̪̟͔̬̠̼̗̳̹͚͉̖̺̲̮̝́͐̅̔̀̐͐̈́̐̊̾̇͆̽̾̿͛́̔̂̈́̇́̌͆̊̆́͗͘͜͜͝w̷̡̧̢̡̛͉͔̬̪̬̹͕͉̰̮̱̭̣̹͎̤̤̙͕̬̙̭͇͚͋̒̓̓͛͆́̎̐̂̃͑̀̈̋̎́̐̊̃͗͋̊̊̍͘̚̕̚͝͝͝͠ͅͅo̸̧̞̺̼͕͍͕̹̰̦͔̼̪͕͙̗̥̽̏́͒̀̕ṛ̷̢̢̪̗̻̯̹̮͖̻̳͔̙̪̹̗̿̂̈̂͑̑́̔̅̾̈̓̌̅̔̏̌̓̈́͒͘͝m̸̗͎̹̀̌͋̂̈́̆̏̏̅̓̀̊̌͌̈̾̄̏̒̉̐̚̕͝͠
Against......who the f*** is this new guy?
Anyway let's go the fight shall we? The One-Eyed minuscule Bowser and his trustworthy pet: D̸̡̢̨̨̠̣̙̞̲͖̦̼͇̞̙̗͔̪͂̅͜ṳ̴̧̢̹̙̼̩̮̙̬̱̩̙͈̫͎͚̠̂̏̋̉͗̓̉̕n̷̳̝̝̣͑́̏͛̅̍̿̈́͌̉͒̀̇̑́̌̈́̀̃̿̀̊̿̄̾̑̾͘͝ȩ̶̛͕̮̱̪̫͓̳͖̣̪̥̬̔̉̇̋͋̉͐̌̈́̋͑͗̽́̒͌̓͋̈́̚̕͘̚̕͠͝͠ ̶̧̨̨̢̧̛̛͓̗͖̗̪̠̦̪̟͔̬̠̼̗̳̹͚͉̖̺̲̮̝́͐̅̔̀̐͐̈́̐̊̾̇͆̽̾̿͛́̔̂̈́̇́̌͆̊̆́͗͘͜͜͝w̷̡̧̢̡̛͉͔̬̪̬̹͕͉̰̮̱̭̣̹͎̤̤̙͕̬̙̭͇͚͋̒̓̓͛͆́̎̐̂̃͑̀̈̋̎́̐̊̃͗͋̊̊̍͘̚̕̚͝͝͝͠ͅͅo̸̧̞̺̼͕͍͕̹̰̦͔̼̪͕͙̗̥̽̏́͒̀̕ṛ̷̢̢̪̗̻̯̹̮͖̻̳͔̙̪̹̗̿̂̈̂͑̑́̔̅̾̈̓̌̅̔̏̌̓̈́͒͘͝m̸̗͎̹̀̌͋̂̈́̆̏̏̅̓̀̊̌͌̈̾̄̏̒̉̐̚̕͝͠ against....who the f*** is this new guy?#Get folded

• Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in: Another side of Pentagon, USA
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Shock Value 1000%: 0
  • Like seriously, who is this new guy?: 0

Shockwave is superior to 305 tons
Atsuta Yukihito is 267.5 tons

I'm voting shockwave, he is physically superior and can defeat Atsuta literally just by holding him. (Class M vs Peak Human)

Atsuta swings his sword once and Shockwave dies due to the Fear Manipulation that lets it cut through anything from a distance. Shockwave never even gets the opportunity to get close to Atsuta.

Atsuta swings his sword once and Shockwave dies due to the Fear Manipulation that lets it cut through anything from a distance. Shockwave never even gets the opportunity to get close to Atsuta.
But what character is this?
He can fear hax the planet for the world to cut itself.

But what character is this?
He can fear hax the planet for the world to cut itself.
Hm?
I don't know about planet, but yeah Atsuta scares reality into cutting itself in the area in front of his sword.

Ah, ok. No the range isn't planetary. It's only several hundred meters.

Yes, it affects non-living things. It even affects energy and space itself. Pretty weird fear manip, I know.

Just to make sure, how potent the fear hax?
Potent enough to scare the world into cutting itself. Aside from that, not really potent. Might make people tremble a little, but that's all.
Despite being fear hax it's really more of a "cut through everything" kind of effect.

Sooooo.... I'm voting Atsuta via swinging his sword once.

You're joking, but seeing how I got characters banned from tourneys for flight before, I wouldn't be surprised if a simple all-cutting sword somehow got me eliminated from a mid-hax tourney lol

I mean, he does spam an instant win ability to the point where someone needs a stupid resistance to both Spatial Manipulation and Fear Manipulation to deal with him, or, you know, spammed thought-based hax.

Eh, notice how he can only use said ability 5 times.
And in a mid-hax tourney durability negation that can be dodged should really be fine, no? Other characters have it too (e.g. Maple and her poison dragons).

Eh, notice how he can only use said ability 5 times.
And in a mid-hax tourney durability negation that can be dodged should really be fine, no? Other characters have it too (e.g. Maple and her poison dragons).
So he doesn't open with it?

And Maple is only really fine because her's is close range, not an oh my God snipe of doom

So he doesn't open with it?

And Maple is only really fine because her's is close range, not an oh my God snipe of doom
No, no. He does start with it. But if you can dodge it 4 times Atsuta will become much weaker. (he probably wouldn't use it a 5th time unless he's sure its a kill)

Since the battle have 10 meters starting range Maple also starts within range of her technique right away. So there really is no difference.

No, no. He does start with it. But if you can dodge it 4 times Atsuta will become much weaker. (he probably wouldn't use it a 5th time unless he's sure its a kill)

Since the battle have 10 meters starting range Maple also starts within range of her technique right away. So there really is no difference.
It's nigh-impossible to dodge it then, there are so many ways to just make it to the opponent can't deal with it.

She goes for a stun first if I'm not mistaken, also the fact that most matches are 50 meters for this tournament it seems.

They're 10 to 50m. Atsuta's will probably end up more on the 10m front...

And yet he can rather easy just do two and force the opponent to either resist it or teleport, maybe its just what I'd do with such a power in combat but still.

If his thing is planetary range, I doubt 50 meters is gonna be much of a difference... I dunno.

@DontTalkDT No choice, but i'm going to disqualify Atsuta due of his planetary range, accept it?
It's not exactly that... its the fact he uses a practically hitscan slash that instant wins as a first move, that's something more customary of a high-hax like say Reinhard Van Astra in my opinion, albeit less of a potent instant win then what he does.

@DontTalkDT No choice, but i'm going to disqualify Atsuta due of his planetary range, accept it?
Atsuta's range is just several hundred meters, though? It's not planetary.
It's not exactly that... its the fact he uses a practically hitscan slash that instant wins as a first move, that's something more customary of a high-hax like say Reinhard Van Astra in my opinion, albeit less of a potent instant win then what he does.
What do you mean hitscan slash? It's a ranged durability negation move and not the only one in the tourney.
And RWBY characters can oneshot most of the tourney via ranged AP...

Yes, ranged durability negation move, that also, from your argument, ends any fight with literally anyone in the tournament instantly. If it ain't hitscan it sure as shit moves fast enough to be from your argument, unless that's not what your saying at all and at that point why can't Shockwave, you know, dodge?

And yet RWBY characters can still be beaten by shooting back. Atsuta doesn't seem to give that option

Yes, ranged durability negation move, that also, from your argument, ends any fight with literally anyone in the tournament instantly. If it ain't hitscan it sure as shit moves fast enough to be from your argument, unless that's not what your saying at all and at that point why can't Shockwave, you know, dodge?
Shockwave can theoretically dodge. Atsuta is just more skilled and his tool is advantageous. Hence he will likely hit him before other things happen.

Shockwave is a low-end pick for a mid-hax tourney, so that Atsuta wins pretty decisively is no surprise.

And yet RWBY characters can still be beaten by shooting back. Atsuta doesn't seem to give that option
Shooting back without durability negation would still do nothing to RWBY characters, unless you are above their oneshot limit in AP.

And you can also shoot back at Atsuta? Nothing he has really prevents counter-attacks.

Shockwave can theoretically dodge. Atsuta is just more skilled and his tool is advantageous. Hence he will likely hit him before other things happen.

Shockwave is a low-end pick for a mid-hax tourney, so that Atsuta wins pretty decisively is no surprise.

Shooting back without durability negation would still do nothing to RWBY characters, unless you are above their oneshot limit in AP.

And you can also shoot back at Atsuta? Nothing he has really prevents counter-attacks.
Theoretically, huh...

Aura can go down, albeit very minorly, to 10-C attacks, so... yeah.

If your a corpse you can't

Aura can go down, albeit very minorly, to 10-C attacks, so... yeah.
Aura can. Not the remaining durability that no sells all attacks below RWBYs minimum AP limit, though. Atsuta meanwhile isn't even on the high-end of stats.

If your a corpse you can't
Same can be said about RWBY characters and Maple when they oneshot opponents. Or everyone else in this tourney who has durability negation (idk who has).

Back