• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A Tournament "Resurgence From Failure" Round 1 - Match 9: Penny Polendina vs Crona

ALTERNATE TITLE: MAIDEN'S WITCH TRIAL

The Combat Android that has inherit the power of Winter Maiden has begun her hunt/fight with the Witch, which mean it's time for the Witch Trial!
However, this Witch can't be taken down easily, as he's more than just a normal witch that has existed in this world, from the other universe he has the powers that are too dangerous for a witch, and also he's not entirely a human....he's the child of Medusa
Right now the Round 1 of Urban Shaker Tournament, which costed the world has raged on and soon it would enter the climax, many has emerged victorious and many has fallen
Now in this fight the android need to be quick to subdued and defeated the child of Medusa....or she would be rhe victim of the Witch Rampage
Subdue the Witch or Fallen to the Witchcraft!

• Atlas Penny Polendina and BoS Crona are used
  • No Maiden Power (Low 7-B duh) for Penny
  • Speed are equalized
  • Both are in-characters
  • Place located in: Mortuary Haunted House, New Orleans
  • images
  • Starting Range: 10 Meters
  • Win via anything!!
  • Mechanical Maiden: 0
  • Witch's Hybrid: 0
  • Inconclusive: 0

Penny.Polendina.600.2960405.jpg

VS
Crona.600.3094014.jpg

Last edited:
Those two look pretty equal. Both have flight, both can play the range game and both can make things float around that can independently attack from multiple directions.
Crona's tendency to tank hits is a notable weakness of hers, though.

How does their AP compare?

In this key Crona doesn't really have battle-applicable soul hax anyways.

Btw correct me but Crona soul hax might not working since Penny is an android, right?
Actually penny is a android with a human soul, as her soul was placed into a human body. Her personality is just based on a AI and because of her soul she could somewhat fight back against being hacked

But we are using Android penny here (duh)

well crona will probably start with ranged sound attacks while trying to close the distance to engage in cqc.

Those two look pretty equal. Both have flight, both can play the range game and both can make things float around that can independently attack from multiple directions.

Let’s not forget about Penny’s aura which acts as a semi-passive forcefield around her.

well that weakness ceases to exist when crona begins to feel pain.

Let’s not forget about Penny’s aura which acts as a semi-passive forcefield around her.
Tbf, pretty much just consider that durability. And Crona balances it out with her black blood, which basically also acts as a semi-passive shield.

Black blood kinda does too, though. Both essentially have an armour on.

Can't say anything about that. Have no idea about Soul Eater AP scaling. In that regard I will just wait for whoever nominated Crona.

Black blood kinda does too, though. Both essentially have an armour on.
Not to the same degree though. One is on them, so the energy of the force will be reduced but the majority will still be felt. The other is an exterior forcefield. Damage is still felt, but to a much less significant degree.

Last edited:
Not to the same degree though. One is on them, so the energy of the force will be reduced but the majority will still be felt. The other is an exterior forcefield. Damage is still felt, but to a much less significant degree.
Maka can't even damage Crona in her first key. Even Maka's super moves in their second fight do nothing. (Heck, even with the madness boost she couldn't really...) So the majority of the damage is not felt at all. Maka had to defeat her using soul shenanigans. The Black Blood blocks everything except skin deep damage. And skin deep damage doesn't matter cause Crona doesn't bleed...

Last edited:
Oh, my character is up. Sweet. Hm. Can't really add much here, but I think I can add onto Nico's statement by a bit.
Well the main difference is that aura soaks up almost all the damage (and makes everything blunt damage).
I might be misunderstanding @Spinoirr's statement regarding Aura, but doesn't it also act like a another layer of durability for the RWBT cast, like... Aura's Dura is 250 Tons, and Penny's body underneath Aura is 250 Ton as well? Or... to make it easier to understand - Penny's Aura acts like a second HP bar for Penny's natural Dura? Because of that, and the fact that Penny scales about smth that no-sold a 250 ton blast, wouldn't that mean Crona can't even hurt her?

Aura let's the user take damage from people way stronger then them, it acts like a health bar

And because penny scales above someone who one shot something that no sold a 250 blast, crona has to do a lot of chip damage just to even break Penny's aura, which has been shown to take fall maiden cinders attacks, due to it acting like a health bar, that is the maximum power Aura has been shown to take as it's shown multiple times in the show aura let's people actually survive attacks from maidens so it can't be a outlier (cinder, mercury and emerald vs amber. Pyhrra vs cinder, penny and winter vs cinder. Penny vs ace opts, team rwby + jaune vs cinder and neo in the void)

Chip damage while trying to fight Penny off, then hopefully manage to break Penny’s aura. Then get a killing blow on Penny (while still having to deal with the same durability).

Anyway Penny has much less to overcome in comparison if I am understanding this right.

Not that great tbh. She's mostly the brute force type, I think. At least early on.
I remember that @Scottycj256 arguing for Crona in the main thread, someone call him to come here if he truly know
Huh, neat. So, the question is now... what can Crona do here?
Aura let's the user take damage from people way stronger then them, it acts like a health bar

And because penny scales above someone who one shot something that no sold a 250 blast, crona has to do a lot of chip damage just to even break Penny's aura, which has been shown to take fall maiden cinders attacks, due to it acting like a health bar, that is the maximum power Aura has been shown to take as it's shown multiple times in the show aura let's people actually survive attacks from maidens so it can't be a outlier (cinder, mercury and emerald vs amber. Pyhrra vs cinder, penny and winter vs cinder. Penny vs ace opts, team rwby + jaune vs cinder and neo in the void)
well that's as much as i know since i haven't seen soul eater thinking about scaling but crona definitely scales even higher but someone would have to call someone who knows about the accepted scaling chain ¯\ʘ‿ʘ
can you guys vote now?

I maintain that black blood is as good or better than aura.
But I guess all things considered Penny FRA.

Back