• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A Tournament of Blood and Skulls, Preliminary Match 4: Ellie Rose vs Sonic

• Both are 8-A, Sonic is in his Base Key
  • Both have their standard equipment but Ellie has her guns restricted
  • Speeds are equalized
  • Both start 5 meters apart
Ellie: 1
Sonic: 1

Last edited:
Ok, so while Rose stomped Amy, Sonic is far better than her

Force is useless this time, Sonic has "Likely class T" , Sonic can defense himself with Aura Boost so proyectiles are also useless, Sonic has faced a lot of flying enemies so that advantage is moot for Ellie and Sonic AD would make his strikes a bit more powerful overtime

I will wait for Ellie supporters because I don´t know anything about her, but Sonic has years of experience at fighting all type of opponents, so Ellie is nothing new to him

Well, as far as I’m aware, Sonic is only good through his speed, but since speed is equalized, this means he can be targeted much easier.

That being said, the Force may or may not work on Sonic depending on if you scale Sonic to the Class T feat. Regardless, however, she still has the GraviToR 2000 which can alter Sonic’s direction of gravity. She could also try distracting Sonic through dancing, which was efficient enough to cause a large group of Toppats to dance in order for her and Henry to get away from them while they were distracted.

In other words, she may have a hard time getting through Sonic’s defensive aura, but she can definitely try to BFR him through the GraviToR after distracting him from dancing.

I don't think Ellie would use these right away, but she could go fo it if she sees the need to

Sonic should have a big CQC advantage over Ellie, so it'd be difficult for her to counter Sonic up close, but with the force and gravity alteration she could probably do something

Well, as far as I’m aware, Sonic is only good through his speed, but since speed is equalized, this means he can be targeted much easier.
While that much is true, it should be noted, if the boost (what gives him the aura) functions similarly to the game, it should provide a boost of speed, albeit unquantifiable.

Same for the homing attack. The homing attack's allowed Sonic on numerous occasions to blitz characters comparable if not outright equal to him in speed several times in the IDW Comics. This would mean he has momentary speed advantages.

Everything else noted seems fair, no comment about it.

Because IDW Sonic has live the events of the games, Sonic is no stranger to different types of gravity, the guy runs on walls, ceilings etc etc

Edit: IDW Sonic should have surface scaling, literally every single sonic (at least normal ones, I don´t know if for example, sonic underground can do it) can run on walls or ceilings

IDW Sonic also ran up walls iirc, but suddenly being affected by a change in gravity would catch him off guard if he wouldn't see it coming, so I can see it helping Ellie somewhat

For now, I vote for Sonic, the fact that his spinning attacks could cut her skin is another viable option, with his superior experience this should happen fairly quickly

For now, I vote for Sonic, the fact that his spinning attacks could cut her skin is another viable option, with his superior experience this should happen fairly quickly
Pretty sure Ellie would eventually resort to using other things if she knows martial arts is a no-go considering Sonic’s occasional speed pulses from time to time, so she’d eventually resort to just altering Sonic’s direction of gravity upside down or broadway force him. Voting her.

Given the grace period is over for this fight, I invite participants to call heads or tails for the coinflip

unknown.png

Sonic advances

Well, as far as I’m aware, Sonic is only good through his speed
While that much is true
That's not true wtf? Sonic would lose damn near every fight he gets if it was as simple as 'he's not the fastest so he's worthless'.
Like she can't beat him with the force because he's also got superior LS to her

The entire argument so far is 'but gravity lol', but, again, he beats her LS. She doesn't reverse gravity like people describe here. This is what she does:

Its very similar to the force. Except weaker. And he's already too strong for the force.
This is on top of the gravitator being a tool she uses fairly slowly compared to her usual actions (so it should be slow compared to her now speed equalled actions) and an object he could just break.
I don't see what either of these options to to sonic or her other options mattering at all

Back