• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A FC/OC Brackets: Round 5

I think you can vote for your own char

Anyways, I still dont see how Lycan can take this with sheer strength aganist all the hax in the world

Note: I did make a minor edit to Lycans page, but it doesnt effect his 8-A key, thus it shouldnt affect the battle

bump because it's too close to add

Uhh..how about draw for now and have them move on to different fighters, doesn't seem like more people will come along to vote, especially not enough people to tip it in anyone's favor.

Im withholding a vote, because I believe Lycan will win, but im not gonna vote for him and make this even harder to end. I think we should switch them to face different opponents if someone doesnt win soon.

Lets see here...

Lycan has over 4X AP advantage as noted above. And he probably has skill advantage. So Lycan gets close, he can just tear Zephyr apart (especially since wolves have claws).

People say Zephyr duranegating sword will one shot. No, it won't. Because duranegating swords simply slice through, and if it doesn't hit anything important (which, since Lycan has skill, won't happen easily), it's easily survivable, and Zephyr will just get woofed on.

Zephyr's equalizer may also result in him getting woofed on as soon as he tries to use it unless he somehow manages to keep distance for long enough to activate it, or if it activates instantly. And then if he does pull it off, get outskilled m8. And Lycan's adaption mentioned in his intelligence means that he would already have some idea what he's up against before it finishes.

Zephyr's wind form is nothing but stalling. Unless he can win the fight without exiting the form, he'll exit the form just to get woofed on immediately. The only use of this is to stall out for equalizer to finish, but as stated before, he has to create a gap in distance for that to work, which is unlikely.

If Zephyr goes for bardsong, he either gets woofed on, or has to cancel it to avoid dying.

As far as I see it, Zephyr's only win condition is instantly speed amping.

As a side note: True one shot durability negation would disqualify Zephyr or just get restricted.

Is this a vote or an observation

I get what you saying, but I don't see how Zephyr CAN'T get away. He has the speed amp to get away and then activate Equalizer. Wind Form can stall till Equalizer sets in, and when it does, Zephyr can just pop out without fear because he won't get one shot.

Zephyr does tend to open with speed amp, yes.

also since when is 4x gap enough for a oneshot, even VBW doesn't count it until 7.5x

Smashtwig said:
I get what you saying, but I don't see how Zephyr CAN'T get away. He has the speed amp to get away and then activate Equalizer. Wind Form can stall till Equalizer sets in, and when it does, Zephyr can just pop out without fear because he won't get one shot.
He could get away, It's just not likely he will since he's fighting someone who has skill and no ranged stuff.

And I never said 4X is a oneshot.

Ah I see, if it is indeed banned it will definitely be hard for Zephyr. But Does Equalizer HAVE to be used from a distance? I don't see any speed limitations with it. Can't Zephyr just activate it and stall with Wind Form until it sets in and then come back out without fear? Even if he gets out skilled he can still use his Wind Projectiles to get an upperhand

Again, read the big post I made as to why that doesn't work very well.

But if you're too lazy, Equalizer either gets woofed on before Zephyr can use it and GTFO, or if it does work, he's still getting outskilled and losing. Oh, and don't forget the claws that I mentioned (cause wolves), cause claws are sharp. Which means that even if Zephyr gets Equalizer off, he can STILL get torn apart without too much difficulty.

nobody's ever actually given a reason as to how Lycan somehow outskills. It's what, 4-5 years of training against 10?

His profile says he's as promising as the big three (and also a pro-hero), so I'm assuming maybe that would put him in the same ballpark of skill as Togata Mirio?

This. Also years of training alone doesn't equate to who has greater skill. Not even close, actually.

DMUA said:
>Equalizes stats

>Proceeds to heavily unequalize it

I mean, if it's 10 years using the same BS tactics it doesn't help you against someone who's fought a variety of opponents on that caliber of BS

or mostly just, show me his skill, don't tell me how long he's been skilling himself for
also this, and your reply only mentioned weapons.

hm... I don't know how to explain my argument. Why does Equalizer get woofed on "before Zep can use it"? It's not like it requires moments of prep time (aka being vulnerable) to activate it right? Explain how Lycan can "woof down Equalizer" before it can be activated when it can be used instantly? Is it just pure skill?

And I don't see how skill in CQC is going to help versus Zephyr's ranged attacks, even if he DOES out skill, his range isn't gonna reach anyway.

Well, I already mentioned if Equalizer was pulled off, now let me mention why I still think it's still Lycan gets it. Because speed equalization means that it's a bit hard for Zephyr to shake him off.

But lets take the initial approach that Lycan has to do in SBA. Zephyr must kill Lycan before he gets to him. This becomes a little problem since Lycan's Regenerationn (yes, even low regen is enough). And then of course dodging is a thing that exists, it's pretty great. And if Zephyr goes for his sword which I see Zephyros Omega saying that he does, he's just gonna jump into someone that could CQC him to death. And I see an amp on Lycan's profile that he could take if he got close to regain AP advantage, and since Zephyr wouldn't know about that, it could throw him off guard and net a win.

Hm, I'm starting to see your point, and the LowRegen+Amp is definitely a problem. Now, say that Lycan gets to Zephyr. While I'm aware that he has the CQC going for him, how will that help when it comes to Wind Form? The thing makes Zephyr into literal air. Wouldn't that help him get away and shake him off? Since he can't really be sensed reliably in that form, couldn't he just surprise Lycan and go for a sword strike to the neck? I doubt that skill alone would help Lycan react in time to know that Zephyr would be at an unexpected angle. Plus, his Quake magic could help destabilize the ground and mess up Lycan's footing, which could mess up his CQC and leave an opening

Lycan has enhanced senses, and wind is audible. So he could follow it, and probably not be enough of an idiot to get surprised by an attack from that. (It would be very predictable)

I've heard that he can limit intangibility into specific areas, that could make a difference since he can attack and stall at the same time

Smashtwig said:
I've heard that he can limit intangibility into specific areas, that could make a difference since he can attack and stall at the same time
That's not hard to deal with. Lycan just simply attacks what's not intangible. GG.

It's taken a decisive slide, and I'm sure we want to get this thing moving, so I'll post the next round

Back