• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A FC/OC Brackets: Round 2

The first round had some intense debate, and so i hope this second round does so! This match features Zephyr Highwind, from Astiria, submitted by ZephyrosOmega and Ergo, from Gyrohem, submitted by Xmark12.

The contenders of this round are the aforementioned.

Standard Battle Assumptions, as well as speed equalization.

Battle takes place at Mardial City

Zephyr scales to injuring Felix, who i'm unaware of his durability, while Ergo scales to fodderizing supernatural soldiers.

Who will prevail?

Zephyr Highwind -

Ergo -

Inconclusive -

Ergo
Base Zephyr

>With telekinesis, he instantly threw a 2-story building at subsonic speeds. I calced this to around 600 tons, or 8-A

DMUA SMASH UNPROFESSIONALISM WITH BLOG POST AND MATHEMATICAL CHECKING

Hm... Coming off the impression Ergo made aganist Deathbolt in the last tourney, the Stat Amp may give him an upper hand but Steelhide has the initial advantage. This one may be just as intense as last match

he's still MCB but that is a bad example yes

also steelhide opens with telekinesis followed by a full-on offensive, and as far as I can tell Ergo can't escape it in time for him to eventually yeet him with a small town blast

How much you want to bet what you think he's MCB for isn't MCB

no i mean he is via stomping CB bois, just assuming baseline thx

anyway telekinesis and spam means ergo gets ******

you mean 8-Bs who are also baseline

Yeah

Uninown said:
ZephyrosOmega said:
no i mean he is via stomping CB bois, just assuming baseline thx
anyway telekinesis and spam means ergo gets ******
Please elaborate.
Steelhide's opener in this key is always Lockup. AKA paralysis via telekinesis, that can restrain beings of a far higher tier. It's the reason he was able to basically single-handedly conquer the isles while being 8-A despite mountain level peeps existing. In literally every fight he was in, that's what he used first.

After that, it's just a matter of hitting the enemy until they die, or pulling a kenshi and tearing them up. The only reason he lost to Zephyr was because he developed a technique specifically to give him resistance to telekinesis.

assuming that "leagues above them" means "Literally over 5x stronger" is quite inflationary to use with a verse with how inconsistent fiction is.

Either way, Ergo looks at his TK and says "ur mom gai lol" before shooting him with aura energy that fodderizes people on Steelhide's level

It's an energy blast, what's stopping him from just shooting if he can't punch?

Also if he restrains 7-As, well....

Either he's vastly over what this tourney's hax ceiling has room to allow

His TK isn't actually 8-A

1. 8-A via stomping 8-Bs
  2. Hax pretty far above his own tier
I think we just gotta slap Steelhide with the DQ. and get the profile fixed for AP problems (I don't care if you remove or don't remove/nerf his TK)

If we don't DQ him, then ????????????????????

If we don't DQ, it's self evident he absolutely curbstomps via making Ergo able to do literally nothing

DMUA said:
It's an energy blast, what's stopping him from just shooting if he can't punch?
Also if he restrains 7-As, well....

Either he's vastly over what this tourney's hax ceiling has room to allow

His TK isn't actually 8-A
his TK isn't above 8-A, but the paralysis aspect of it works on far higher beings

I had no idea his TK/paralysis/whatever was far above 8-A. This profile has enough problems i might need to slap him with a DQ. I'm sorry.

If he can just paralyize anyone, yeah, we need to boot him.

Though, we could probably replace him with an Astiria character who doesn't have that.

ok, well Zephyr can gain speed advantage via divine thunder, and can oneshot with a clean hit from muramasa

what can ergo do to defend? He probably has an AP advantage given that Zephyr shouldn't be far above baseline

Ergo can kinda just punch him in the face, yeah.

He's also a vastly experienced general who'd have had to deal with plenty of pointy things in his time, so his sword being his sword wouldn't be the biggest issue.

DMUA said:
Ergo can kinda just punch him in the face, yeah.
He's also a vastly experienced general who'd have had to deal with plenty of pointy things in his time, so his sword being his sword wouldn't be the biggest issue.
right, the thing is if he tries to defend it's going to go badly, so basically can zephyr's speed win before ergo's AP

I don't get Gyro AP calcs but I'll just take it as it's gonna one shot. I've searched through both profiles and I think Zephyr's got this. While Ergo can resists all elements that Zephyr can use, it won't save him from Zephyr's speed+oneshot

We should wait mark to give some input. He is the one knowledgeable on the verse, after all.

Well, nebuliously baseline with how wierd powerlevels are, but yeah just say baseline and save the headache.

Hmm

Considering Ergo can amp himself to counter their own speed and surpass it, not to mention skill and the fact said amp would mean Zephyr won't last long before taking too much pain, I might have to just go with him.

Yeah, he can increase himself to lightning speed but not above, otherwise his profile would be saying he could go indefinitely higher, he clearly has a limit. Zephyr's Godspeed does not deal damage to himself, so I dont see where you got that from. So, speed equal, but one can one shot the other despite the skill gap

Dunno where you got me thinking that from

Zephyr is also limited to a "Higher".

Ergo simply has plenty of more years under his belt, so that's that.

Correction @Smashtwig, godspeed turns Zephyr into a bolt of lightning. Divine thunder is what he uses as a speed amp. Both of them give him the ability to move at MHS, but Godspeed is used specifically for traveling.

Note that Divine Thunder amped Zephyr from being Transonic to being MHS+

Aura amps Ergo from Peak Human to MHS+ to the point he can save linx from a lightning bolt inches away from his face.

If anything, Zephyr is going to not like where it's going

Back