• This forum is strictly intended to be used by members of the VS Battles wiki. Please only register if you have an autoconfirmed account there, as otherwise your registration will be rejected. If you have already registered once, do not do so again, and contact Antvasima if you encounter any problems.

For instructions regarding the exact procedure to sign up to this forum, please click here.
  • We need Patreon donations for this forum to have all of its running costs financially secured.

Community members who help us out will receive badges that give them several different benefits, including the removal of all advertisements in this forum, but donations from non-members are also extremely appreciated.

Please click here for further information, or here to directly visit our Patreon donations page.
  • Please click here for information about a large petition to help children in need.

8-A FC/OC Brackets: Round 9

So, if everything I see is correct, they are both near to equal in AP, although Austerus seems to have an advantage. Although, Lycan's buffs probably means the difference is very small. So, I'll say AP is equal.

Lycan's Low regen isn't really the most important thing here, so I doubt it's a deciding factor. Meanwhile, Austerus has Mid regen, which is far more potent.

I would certainly say that Austerus has a skill advantage. Lycan is just a student, while Austerus is a very smart military sergeant and intellectually divrse fellow.

All and all, I have to give this to Austerus. At a first glance, Austerus has far more abilities and versatility. With his skill and pressure points, he can certainly beat down Lycan with precise strikes. Lycan could overpower him, but given Austerus' regen, it's very unlikely. Austerus' body control means pinning him down isn't an option, either. All and all, Austerus has an advantage in just about every category; skill, intelligence, versatility, and even potentially AP (They both have amp, and Austerus has a better base feat).

For these reasons, I vote Austerus.

Lycan's a reformed gangster, not a student, so dunno where that angle is from

Ah, he only went back to UA in his later key. My bad.

That does help my point though. He's a 17 year old gangster. His skill pales in comparison to the trained military veteran.

huh, guess i got speed ninja'd by Valev.

Yeah, Austerus is sadly much superior of the things the reformed werewolf provides.

Hyperkinesis is too much; also pointing out, Austerus won't be using the "pressure strikes" unless he is forced way too hard (In the brink of losing, knowing he will perish if not, or if he is simply pulling out all the stops/bloodlusted.)

Even without that, his regular techniques already come at handy, as well as Oculinani in the ocassional accidental stares, which would disable Lycan a time or two before he figures out why on earth couldn't he move; unfortunately, it would be already on Austerus favour the time he realizes.

Pretty straightforward, voting for my character if possible. If anyone has something for Lycan i'm missing, point it out.

The main argument I'd see for Lycan is being however far over Shoto he is + whatever amp he has, but even if he does overpower Austerus here he's certainly not as versatile. Enhanced Senses is nice, but as far as I can tell Austerus's tactics don't include anything that it would counter. I guess aside from that, Austerus FRA.

Back